• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smail

I know. But that's his MO. He's a 'tactics' based manager, who wants his teams to be able to adapt according to the opposition, rather than a philosophy based manager like Wenger or Klopp.
So true and well said. As much as I do like a good tactics switch at half time, the most succesfull teams in the past always had a typical eleven

Tomb Bombadil

So true and well said. As much as I do like a good tactics switch at half time, the most succesfull teams in the past always had a typical eleven
Like Man City?

But of course it's better to have a constant first eleven. But I guess it's easier to do so if you have the qualitative better squad. If you go against a better squad you cannot always look on your game.

Reactions: A_G

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Like Man City?

But of course it's better to have a constant first eleven. But I guess it's easier to do so if you have the qualitative better squad. If you go against a better squad you cannot always look on your game.
That's fine and all against the best teams in the league but you shouldn't have to chop and change much against clubs like Newcastle, Southampton, Brighton, etc. I mean we still don't know what our definitive formation or starting XI is. I know injuries and an unbalanced squad has affected his decisions a lot last season but this time around he has a lot more quality in the squad. I hope, when players like Bellerin, Holding, Tierney are all fit, Emery knows what his best XI is and we can see a more prominent style of play.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I've read their forum, they are terrified. Some think they'll bounce back from that Newcastle showing, but most point out that they never really do well at the Emirates and fear Auba and Pepe.

Those Danny Mills comments make me laugh. If Winks gets a look in that midfield you'd have to sell all other players because they are dogshit.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Like Man City?

Yep, besides when everyone is fit Leno/Bellerin/Sokratis/Luiz/Tierney/Xhaka/Torreira/Pepe/Aubameyang are probably definite starters. Only question is who joins the last two in attack and who plays in midfield, probably dependent on the opposition.

Symbia

Yep, besides when everyone is fit Leno/Bellerin/Sokratis/Luiz/Tierney/Xhaka/Torreira/Pepe/Aubameyang are probably definite starters. Only question is who joins the last two in attack and who plays in midfield, probably dependent on the opposition.
I won't pick Xhaka over Willock but again, I'm no coach or Unai.

Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s are a good team (better than us even) and will be looking to bounce back after Newcastle, I understand all of this but this is one of those games where anything but three points and I'll be pissed off.

nicky47

Established Member
Really hoping this is the match Pepe announces himself at The Emirates...

I'm quietly confident, a win would be such a boost for us right now. But not going to get ahead of myself, this fixture isn't easy to predict.

Looking forward to Sunday regardless!

Symbia

Xhaka has the armband now. If fit I think he always starts.
But his game is very lacking, don't see why he should be starting games while the likes of Willock will sit on the bench.

You have a point with your armband theory but a big club like Arsenal should be playing the best players.

Last edited:

Keplaz

But his game is very lacking, don't see why he should be starting games while the likes of Willock will sit on the bench.

You have a point with the your armband theory but a big club like Arsenal should be paying the best players.
I know what you mean. I don't think he should be starting either. But when you make someone Club Captain, then you want him on the pitch.

Our last few captains have left the club not long after getting the armband. I'm not saying the armband's cursed. But one can only hope..

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can’t wait for this game. As the UK rapidly turns into a banana republic run by a right wing tinpot dictator, it’s great to have something to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom