• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Bromwich Albion | 20/11/04

StyleOFMarc

jasonlohkh said:
Pennant is playing very well for Reserve. so do VP. If they can beat Everton then i think they are good enough for PL and WBA. Why they are still not in our 1st team?

They are not in the first team because they have BETTER players ahead of them playing at the moment, would you swap ljungberg for pennant at the moment? i certainly wouldnt. and as for VP he may be good but Bergkamp offers more...much more.

Robno.7

patrick42uk said:
jay-d said:
Absolutly shocking, Bergkamp plays crap and Wenger plays him till the 86 min whats the flipping point. Whats RVP gonna do with 3 bloody mins?? The season is over im afraid and before anyone tells me to get a grip, u get a grip can u see Chelsea messing up? I can't

i can. its f****g november! man utd were ruled out in october, but look where they are now. we were 5 clear of chelsea, but look where we are now. in the space of a month, there have been major changes. so how the f**k anyone can rule any team out with 6 full months to go is beyond me. form changes. fact! i'd rather do badly now and have form change in teh new year rather than vice-versa. this is the same bloody team that won the league unbeaten for ****sakes so no one can dispute the fact we have it in us to change our form.

agree totally, its only a matter of time before chelsea have a dip in form, theres 6 months still to go and every team has a dip in form at some point, man u have had theres and look to b on the mend, we are in ours now, but its still not terrible form, we're keeping up with chelsea who have been on top form and have only lost 1 game. Its only a matter of time before we get our form back and finish teams off in the first half

jasonlohkh

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/pr ... EASON=2003

Wenger should know it after the palace game but nothing is done by him. Dont just moan on the defence. Our attack is s**t as well.
We as fans know that the defence is a big problem after the palace game. But how come Wenger dont. And we know that DB10 is off form just that Wenger dont see it that way.We are urging for VP and JP in the starting 11 but Wenger dont see it that way. If they are not getting a game against the side like WBA then when do you think that they will be in our starting 11?
I think our play is just too 1 dimension. And the rest of PL is getting the clue to overcome our tactic because they know we cant head the ball in all department. No harm giving freekick to us in the field. We just cant score with that. Our play involved passing the ball into the net. If they close us down and wait for set piece we have a chance.
Please give VP and Pennant a chance.

StyleOFMarc

patrick42uk said:
jay-d said:
Absolutly shocking, Bergkamp plays crap and Wenger plays him till the 86 min whats the flipping point. Whats RVP gonna do with 3 bloody mins?? The season is over im afraid and before anyone tells me to get a grip, u get a grip can u see Chelsea messing up? I can't

i can. its f****g november! man utd were ruled out in october, but look where they are now. we were 5 clear of chelsea, but look where we are now. in the space of a month, there have been major changes. so how the f**k anyone can rule any team out with 6 full months to go is beyond me. form changes. fact! i'd rather do badly now and have form change in teh new year rather than vice-versa. this is the same bloody team that won the league unbeaten for ****sakes so no one can dispute the fact we have it in us to change our form.

Thank you for that, i wasnt going to even reply to his stupidity...thats the sort of fan i hate..the season is over in november because we have drawn 2 games and chelsea are a point ahead of us!. :roll:

asajoseph

Established Member
Robno.7 said:
patrick42uk said:
jay-d said:

agree totally, its only a matter of time before chelsea have a dip in form, theres 6 months still to go and every team has a dip in form at some point, man u have had theres and look to b on the mend, we are in ours now, but its still not terrible form, we're keeping up with chelsea who have been on top form and have only lost 1 game. Its only a matter of time before we get our form back and finish teams off in the first half

Aggree also. Who knows - our slump started with a 2-0 loss to Utd - maybe theirs is beginning as of today? Losing a 2 goal lead is certainly something that might knock a team with such pride in its defence...

jasonlohkh

StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:
Pennant is playing very well for Reserve. so do VP. If they can beat Everton then i think they are good enough for PL and WBA. Why they are still not in our 1st team?

They are not in the first team because they have BETTER players ahead of them playing at the moment, would you swap ljungberg for pennant at the moment? i certainly wouldnt. and as for VP he may be good but Bergkamp offers more...much more.

But what did Bergkamp does in the match?

asajoseph

Established Member
I do think it's time van Persie starts a game... I think he earned it with his goal against southampton.

Robno.7

StyleOFMarc said:
patrick42uk said:
jay-d said:

Thank you for that, i wasnt going to even reply to his stupidity...thats the sort of fan i hate..the season is over in november because we have drawn 2 games and chelsea are a point ahead of us!. :roll:

same here, Every team slips up dude, we did and it just so happens so did chelski, no teams is unbeatable, every team has a way of being beat, whoever is the better team on the day gets the result, chelsea being praised for their defence but they let a 2 goal lead slip, not a 1 goal lead like us

patrick42uk

Established Member
Robno.7 said:
but its still not terrible form, we're keeping up with chelsea who have been on top form and have only lost 1 game. Its only a matter of time before we get our form back and finish teams off in the first half

thats the most sensible post i'v read in a while. whilst chelsea are being portrayed as this majestic, infallible side over the last couple of weeks and arsenal the direct opposite, its easy to forget the gap is only 2 points. i mean we could have easily been top today putting into perspective the extent to which this supposed shocking form has affected us.

StyleOFMarc

jasonlohkh said:
StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:

Stop judging a player on a 1 match basis, look at what he offers us in the long run. Bergkamp is irreplacable.

Robno.7

StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:
StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:

Stop judging a player on a 1 match basis, look at what he offers us in the long run. Bergkamp is irreplacable.

Give the old man a break, everyone has a dip in form, if he scored the winner today, i bet u would have been praising him

jasonlohkh

StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:
StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:

I'm not judging him based on 1 match. He doesnt perform for the whole november.I agree that Bergkamp is a very good player but if he is off form then we should have replace him.No point playing a player who is off form and cant produce much in a game

Robno.7

i believe in the team and i believe we will get the right result against liverpool, adn this could be a very interesting game, because if we get 3 points this could change around our current form and with chelsea drawing today, that could bring them back down to earth and realise that maybe they do concede goals and their confidence in the back 4 could be lost, and if we get a run of games no 1 can stop us and we could pull out a lengthly gap on chelsea, anythin can happen in 2-3 games, chelsea could draw all of em and we could win, theres a hell of a long way still to go, there were certain people writing of man utd, but they are at there best when they are getting critisised, they won today and are up into 7th i believe which a very different look on the league from 3-4 games ago, alot can happen in a very short space of time

jasonlohkh

Robno.7 said:
StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:
StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:

Give the old man a break, everyone has a dip in form, if he scored the winner today, i bet u would have been praising him

What i'm trying to say is that if a player is off from then we can just replace him and make him aware to the situation. VP and DB10 is just an example

Robno.7

jasonlohkh said:
Robno.7 said:
StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:
StyleOFMarc said:
jasonlohkh said:

What i'm trying to say is that if a player is off from then we can just replace him and make him aware to the situation. VP and DB10 is just an example
I agree with u totally dude, but if the manager puts him in the starting line-up, whos to argue, Dennis won't say to the gaffa, im doing bad at the moment and wish for u to give Robin Van Persie a run in the side. As long as Wenger is picking the side and Bergie is avalible, he will be picked, which is sad but we have to live with it, if i made the decisions i would put RVP in for BErgie but i don't

A

Anonymous

yeah, similar stats too against our last 3 or so teams. southampton had 2 shots on goal and scored both for instance.
Ive said it before and i say it again, we need a better keeper.You can all be ignorant in the thoughts that jens is the best in the league because of our defensive record last season, but lately it has just shown how critical the sol and kolo partnership was in making our defence so strong last year. It wasnt because jens was amazing, it was just our defence stopped opponents from creating chances on target. Now our defence is weaker, other teams have a couple of shots on target and score them. Ive always said jens doesnt actually save that many that are on target. Apart from his save against the **** last week i cant think of any other time where he has pulled off a match winning save! What i mean is that top keepers should maybe once a game be able to pull off a save that other keepers wpouldnt of, this being that they prevent a chance that should of been a goal. Im not blaming jens for any goals recently im just pointing out that it is abit bad that we are letting in a goal every shot a team has on target! I watched niemi again, the amount of goals he saves is inbelievable, if we had him in goal for us we would be winning alot more games.
Our defence is ****e we need some players.

huyha123

Robno.7 said:
huyha123 said:
anyone think that we should focus on keep 2nd place than go for 1st now?

what are you on? we're in this league to win it, not go for second place, we're 4 points behind chelsea! 4! not 14 or 24, ur crazy, why are u even thinking that, i'm thinkin about next week when sol is potentially making his comeback, thank god

ha ha ha just asking. calm down men. anyway thanks for showing such confidence. the team should hear what you say here.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom