• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 05/02/05

awooga83

Established Member
Full time great result, but still the problem of fading in the second half easily deserved to win this game as we created so many chances but Villa were pretty poor and still got a goal, and a few chances, better teams will punish us, but 3 more points and keeping close to United which is crucial.

beyondforever

yeah what a relief. Really nerve wrecking moment in the second half. When they scored i nearly had a heart attack. so scared that they would score another and who knows may score a third and get a draw in the end. Our defenders performed well today. Glad to see that our defending is good today unlike that disastrous day against MU.

Henry IV

Another strike for Freddie. He's been great this season. I hope people will leave Henry alone now. I thought we would be held so this win is unexpected. Is that everything back to normal then?

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
great match looks like the man utd game did not effect us like after the old trafford game

As I said after the MU match, we can handle defeat if we've been beaten fair and square. We got beat by Pool, we won our next match; we got beat by Bolton, we won our next match; we got beat by MU, and we won this match. We've responded well to fair losses this season.

kel varnsen

Established Member
really good 1st half; great movement off the ball and accurate passing. that's all it takes; good passing and good movement off the ball. it's really quite easy.

Spike

Established Member
I just realised something, where was RVP?

Also, we done what we done against United, we switched off. We can't do that in matches.

baccy_man

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
when was the last time a team played 4-4-2 against us like villa did today?

that is part of our problem when there is 5 in the middle we have trouble getting through.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Actually I think Newcastle played 4-4-2 at Highbury, and we should've demolished by more than we did. Its common knowledge that teams will get pasted if they used the 4-4-2 against us.

I just realised something, where was RVP?

Injured

Also, we done what we done against United, we switched off. We can't do that in matches.

If United had been Villa, they would've beaten us 4-3 or at least drawn, such was the laxidasical showing in the second half.

bethie

i am not usually one for nitpicking but...

don't you guys think its criminal the way we fail to convert our strikes into goals? everbody in the pub to the tv commentators said we could have been 6 goals up, easily, in the first half. and the second half, especially after the angel goal, talk about heart attack inducing... definitely not for the weak hearted.

some minor plus points
1) lehmann making the save in the 2nd half. boy, he just threw himself forward, say what you like about him but he sure have guts.
2) pires making a fool out of a defender in the 2nd half. great skills to dribble the ball at the touchline with the defender harassing you all over the place
3) senderos. he's everywhere. at least on my tv, the camera seems to like him... i assume that's because he's playing quite well today
4) henry finally scoring. break the duck! (it could have been 3 ducks but oh well...)
5) edu. CLASS performance in the first half. makes it so much harder to hate him now heh.
6) djemba X2 is **** in manures and is still **** in villa.

Spike

Established Member
The only reason we found it easier is because Villa played 4-4-2.

Against teams who play 4-5-1 (almost every team) and it has been illustrated this season, we can struggle at times.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom