• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 14/03/07

sesquioxide

asajoseph said:
Baptista hasn't set the world on fire here, but it's unfair to be so harsh on the guy. After all, it was his willingness to have a pop, so lacking from the rest of the team, that caused us to score the goal last night. Beyond that, he's said all the right things to the press, shown a great attitude, and high commitment. If it doesn't work out, then it's too bad, but he at least deserves some respect.

Yeah, Asajoseph, I feel, whether it has worked out with us and Baptista or not, he deserves our good wishes even if he is sent back to Spain. He tried hard and wanted to wear our jersey. We can't even say the same of all our players. It somehow makes me wonder whether the "fans" around here are true fans of the club or are just critics of the players when they use such unnecessary words on our own players (like all those comments telling Baptista and Flamini to "f*** off") while there is literally no one on the bench left to replace them and while the club needs them to do well to salvage something out of the season.

tristan

RockyRocastle said:
Also I saw Chelsea took the minimum allocation at City, which, for a team chasing the title is a disgrace.

There is STILL only one team in London.

Haha, someone is bitter. You have to win 1-0 to win titles. Two teams win 1-0 away from home and there's only one team in London? Alright.

Biggus

Established Member
tristan said:
RockyRocastle said:
Also I saw Chelsea took the minimum allocation at City, which, for a team chasing the title is a disgrace.

Haha, someone is bitter. You have to win 1-0 to win titles. Two teams win 1-0 away from home and there's only one team in London? Alright.

Oh shut up Tristan you "filho da puta".

Biggus

Established Member
What does that mean Invincible? You have me at a disadvantage as I am old and only speak a little portugese.

tristan

Biggus said:
tristan said:
RockyRocastle said:

Think it's something like "son of a *****" or along those lines Biggus. I only guess that as filho seems similar to fils. I only know french not portuguese.

Didn't know pointing out follys got such a negative response. You're quick to jump on Chelsea/Sp**s/United/anyone really when they have the gall to claim supremacy over Arsenal on something. This "one team in London" stuff is a bit dated, don't you think? After all there's one team in West London that's outperformed a team in North London over the past couple of years, and I'm not talking about Sp**s. If you were to say "one team in North London" I could agree with that.

Biggus

Established Member
tristan said:
Think it's something like "son of a *****" or along those lines Biggus. I only guess that as filho seems similar to fils. I only know french not portuguese.
Didn't know pointing out follys got such a negative response.

Negative moi? mais non....and I certainly wasn't being abusive apparently...the FA would agree with me :wink: Its not as if I called a lying linesman a liar now was it?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Biggus said:
tristan said:
RockyRocastle said:

:lol:
Nice one Biggus.

Lighten up Tristan, Biggus never means harm and it was funny .

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
tristan said:
Didn't know pointing out follys got such a negative response. You're quick to jump on Chelsea/Sp**s/United/anyone really when they have the gall to claim supremacy over Arsenal on something. This "one team in London" stuff is a bit dated, don't you think? After all there's one team in West London that's outperformed a team in North London over the past couple of years, and I'm not talking about Sp**s. If you were to say "one team in North London" I could agree with that.
That has nothing to do with it, tbh.

number_0

Established Member
I think Denilson and fabregas played very well together yesterday and they seem to be a promising partnership.
but did any body notice that at times they didnt seem to trust each other, and wanted the ball for themselves so they can make the killer pass.

Dj can have the game of his life at Stanford bridge and old trafford, but will remain to screw up against the 'lesser team'

Diaby was decent but i noticed at times he thinks he is C.ronaldo and tries to take on players one on one.
not that i dont encourage that but i think they are better players who can do that

Gallas was great as usual and he was the best of our back four tonight

anyway our proformance was worse that that against blackburn, chelsea, PSV but as long as the 3 points are bagged to london i aint complaining.
now for Phase 2 we gotta take 6 points from the Merysiders

Gurgen

Established Member
number_0 said:
Dj can have the game of his life at Stanford bridge and old trafford, but will remain to screw up against the 'lesser team'

Let's not destroy this lad's confidence as well please. He is only 19 ffs. As a defender he's not even a baby.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Djourou had a sloppy game out of position...it happens. Surely we have seen enough of him this year to agree the lad is a massive talent especially considering his age?

number_0

Established Member
I didnt mean to bash Djourou, he has he potential to become the best out of the best in defence, if he concentrated more, all his mistakes are due to lack of concetration rather than limitations of his ability(and age)

Lukazan

Established Member
But lack of concentration often comes hand in hand with age and inexperience.

These things are ironed out with maturity, and I see nothing in Djourou's game to suggest he can't be a top quality defender some day.

Zico

Established Member
These Swiss defenders should be farmed out. I am confident that they can both become outstanding players, but they need to go make their mistakes playing for Chris Coleman or Alan Pardew. I've always maintained that defense is no place for taking chances.

Even though people rave about Christiano Ronaldo and a revived Scholes being so important for Manchester United, for me the biggest factor in their improvement was their ability to sort out the left side of defense with Vidic and Evra. Before, when mugs like Silvestre and Brown were playing, the defense was a comedy of errors. The minute Chelsea lost defenders to sales and injuries they became beatable.

I hope Arsène Wenger gives defense the attention it deserves going forward because silly mistakes in defense can demoralize a whole team. Just look at body language of players when Alex and McCarthy scored i the last fortnight.

Gurgen

Established Member
These 'mistakes' of the Swiss youngsters don't really happen that often. Certain players (Phil, and it seems that Djourou is joining the club) have a stigma attached to them, so every time something bad happens and said player is in a 10-yard vicinity, people go ape ****.

Kolo has made as many, if not more, mistakes as Phil and Djourou this season.

jackycreegs

Gurgen said:
These 'mistakes' of the Swiss youngsters don't really happen that often. Certain players (Phil, and it seems that Djourou is joining the club) have a stigma attached to them, so every time something bad happens and said player is in a 10-yard vicinity, people go ape s**t.

Kolo has made as many, if not more, mistakes as Phil and Djourou this season.

I agree. For instance, I thought that Senderos had a really good game in the Carling Cup final, but because Drogba made a good run from over his shoulder and beat him to a cross, suddenly people start calling him a liability. If the exact same goal was scored with someone like Terry defending, I don't think there'd have been any criticism at all.

Djourou is the best teenaged centre back I've ever seen (although he's not so hot at right back). Presuming that Gallas can actually stay fit for longer than 5 minuites at a time next season, I'm perfectly comfortable having Djourou and Senderos as back up for him and Toure (who, by the way, have only played 3 games together at centre back in the Premiership this season).

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom