• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/01/07

Nutsy

Established Member
after the massive victories,so to say the beautiful victories against Liverpool TWICE @ Anfield. i believe in this squad for the better. massive victories for us, though we concede too many but i'm not one to complain.. :D

We sunked Blackburn 6-2 @ home, with our current form we should win this comfortably. Blackburn away is never easy, but again we survived twice (although i'll down play the fact that its two different teams :D ) @ ANFIELD. the so called Fortress Anfield. I love that facts now. the facts that both of our teams of Reserves can cope without relying on each other (much) :D . we are having busy fixtures up next. but i know the lads are gonna see this through. though we may have to concede the Premiership Title this season, but i for one am not seeing we're going trophyless this season, FA cup & Carling Cup & oh oh, Champions League (Bloody hell we still have a good chance).

Come on You Gunners! "We singing Victories now!"

8)

M+D

Established Member
My money's on playing the same side as Saturdays, except for maybe a suprise inclusion for Gallas after injury, and, of course, the return of Fabregas in place of Flamini. I believe everybody is back for this game except Freddie, so I'm expecting no less than a win against Blackburn.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
traditionally again, we have not done well at ewood park. blackburn is picknig up form now so its probably the worst time to play them.

but fear not, we are of great form too!

Gurgen

Established Member
Agree with Merida+Denilson.

Jens
Eboue Toure Phil Clichy
Hleb Cesc Gilberto Rosicky
RvP Henry

Though with four goals in his last game it might be hard to leave out Baptista. I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions.

sabret00the

Established Member
Agree with Gurgen's selection, though if not for suspected fatigue i would've started both Aliadiere and Baptista ahead of Henry and van Persie.

kel varnsen

Established Member
third that. even though it's a bit unfair to bench baptista and aliadiere after an outstanding performance at anfield. hopefully they'll both be on the bench and get a few mins in the second half.

qs

Established Member
Put them both on the bench and if Henry or van Persie hasnt done the business by the 55th minute make a change. Bap for Robin or Ali for Henry. Or both!

Original_AAA

Should make for a very interesting game to watch as both teams are firing from every cylinder at the moment. We have what it takes to beat this team and should do so, but it will be a tough game.

Artillero

If Wenger wants to keep Ali at the club he must give him a chance, Baptista was good but Ali laid 3 of them on a plate.

Ali must start.

qs

Established Member
We've had a run of good games now. This inevitably means we'll be **** and lose this one.

qs

Established Member
Artillero said:
If Wenger wants to keep Ali at the club he must give him a chance, Baptista was good but Ali laid 3 of them on a plate.

Ali must start.

:roll:

Yeah 25 yard shot laid on a plate. Ask yourself this, what do we need more of people who can create opportunities or people who'll finish them?

number_0

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
traditionally again, we have not done well at ewood park. blackburn is picknig up form now so its probably the worst time to play them.

but fear not, we are of great form too!

no problem we seem to be doig well against these types of teams.
its the ' we are missing our starting 50, so we have to play our fans as goalie' teams that happen to worry arsenal

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I hope Adebayor isn't fit....poor ol Wenger is gonna have five strikers who are all on fire!! He's gonna get it in the ear from someone! :)

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
sabret00the said:
Agree with Gurgen's selection, though if not for suspected fatigue i would've started both Aliadiere and Baptista ahead of Henry and van Persie.
Van persie should always play v Blackburn, he loves scoring against them...

Agree with Gurgen's line-up.

Lev

Bap and Ali definatly have to be on the bench imo.

Jens
Hoyte Toure Phil Clichy
RvP Henry

Subs - Almunia, Bap, Ali, Walcott, Djourou

Why leav Eboue out? im still pissed over his theatrics in the FA Cup, so thats the line up id like to see

kanooo

sabret00the said:

Baptista & Ali were great yesterday but it's not so often that they perform like this.

I just hope they can be more consistent.

As for the Blackburn game, I don't care who plays as long as we win.

Hopefully, van Persie (should he played) would continue his fine form against Blackburn.

stuart

Established Member
Lev said:
Bap and Ali definatly have to be on the bench imo.

Jens
Hoyte Toure Phil Clichy
RvP Henry

Subs - Almunia, Bap, Ali, Walcott, Djourou

Why leav Eboue out? im still pissed over his theatrics in the FA Cup, so thats the line up id like to see

Agree with you there mate, though i would be tempted to play Baptista instead of Van Persie if it wasn't for his record against them

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The beast and Jeremie seem to have Chemistry. Each has qualties that the other lacks and both are inteliigent footballers that seem to recognise that and play accordingly . They seemed to know how to play with each other.

awooga83

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Agree with Merida+Denilson.

Jens
Eboue Toure Phil Clichy
RvP Henry

Would agree with that but my one question would be Eboue simply because i believe he needs some time out to get his head together and to teach him to stop doing some of the crap he has been doing. The only problem with it is the fact although Hoyte has been doing better we are going into a tough away game at Blackburn and Eboue's offensive attributes are far above Hoytes. Still its something i would consider.

kanooo

qs said:
We've had a run of good games now. This inevitably means we'll be s**t and lose this one.

:D Like against Sheffield United?

That's our problem in the league. We are just not consistent. Of course partly due to injuries for that game but it's just so frustrating.

Whenever we're on a good run, we blow it the next game.

Sorry if I'm being negative despite the last 2 superb performances.

Having said all these, I think we can get a positive result against Blackburn.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom