• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 25/02/06

polaris sc

After the real game I hope the team can lift themselves for this trip
But I really think we can win this one and get our European spot for next season.

Viper

Established Member
I think the team's confidence should be a lot higher now.

With Cole coming back, and hopefully Van Persie, I think we may win 2-1.

I can still see us doing **** in the Premiership.

In the CL we're allowed to play football.

In the prem we get the **** kicked out of us

nazo

Established Member
All i say is looks can be decieving. I'm sure Blackburn are going pressure us some times but we are going to get away with a win. 2-0 for us, our defense looks solid these days and with blackburn's attack i don't think there is much of a serious threat. RVP is back and i'm sure he is going to be hungry for goals. We HAVE to win this game to go on to beat RM in the game in Highbury on a high.

dysphoria

Established Member
real madrid and blackburn are well...2 entirely different stories.

sure we did well against RM but blackburn will aim to kick the **** outta us and then try to hit us with long balls and set pieces.

can't see us winning this one because all it takes are a few shaky pieces of defending to destroy our "new found" confidence.

head says a 2-0 win for blackburn but the heart says 2-1 win for us.

ps : did i see wrongly or was henry the only arsenal player who didn't thank the fans after the RM match? i thought i saw him quickly leaving into the tunnel. Hope i it saw wrongly :?

Gunner87

We will win this one. How an Arsenal fan can say we won't win, after such an outstanding performance tonight. i'm really happy, that our gunners show some belief, while some "supporters" here don't! shame on you!

longrufus

Established Member
Viper said:
To counter Blackburn's thuggish play, we should play Diaby in midfield.

Agree, but this means playing 3 in midfield, as you cannot drop Fabregas, and when on the right he is not involved as much as he should be, and we have to keep gilberto in to maintain balance in the side.
I think tonights result will give the players a huge boost, ione of the things that has been holding the team back recently, is a lack of belief and confidence. Once this is installed in a team they can go a long way.
Im thinking a win, 2/3-1.

Gunner87 said:
We will win this one. How an Arsenal fan can say we won't win, after such an outstanding performance tonight. i'm really happy, that our gunners show some belief, while some "supporters" here don't! shame on you!

It's a fact that today we were allowed more open play due to Madrid playing typical Spanish tactics.

Back home it's all thunder and blood

nazo

Established Member
longrufus said:
Viper said:
To counter Blackburn's thuggish play, we should play Diaby in midfield.

Agree, but this means playing 3 in midfield, as you cannot drop Fabregas, and when on the right he is not involved as much as he should be, and we have to keep gilberto in to maintain balance in the side.
I think tonights result will give the players a huge boost, ione of the things that has been holding the team back recently, is a lack of belief and confidence. Once this is installed in a team they can go a long way.
Im thinking a win, 2/3-1.

We can rest him for the next game and replace him with a player capable of doing a cm's job. Would you really like Cesc injured in a time like this?

luma

the diffrence is in spain arsenal would be the best team because of their style of play they are given time to play as people say beautiful football while in the premiership its diffrent the pace of the game is a lot faster in the premiership we have to change our style of play but in the champions league we shold play like this

kel varnsen

Established Member
i don't know. could go either way really. blackburn is a good side with many physically strong players. we really need a win, but i won't bet on it...

>YounGunner<

Established Member
I really like this tactic what we played against Madrid.

Two banks of four with Adebayor and Henry upfront.

If we defend like we did then we have no problem at all.

Lukazan

Established Member
It'll be a physical game and I'm still not convinced we can handle it.

I'd personally go for what we played tonight only maybe Diaby in for Fabregas.

Harsh it may be but I'm sure he'll understand.

Asterix

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
I really like this tactic what we played against Madrid.

Two banks of four with Adebayor and Henry upfront.

If we defend like we did then we have no problem at all.

Not sure I follow - I thought we played 4-5-1 against Madrid, morphing into 4-3-3 in attack. Wenger may be tempted to play the same side against Blackburn, but I don't think we'll get as much space as Madrid gave us. Ashley may be available for this game as well, depending on how he pulled up against Barnet. I'll take a 1-0.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i'm hoping for a win at ewood park but i don't expect we will put on a beautiful game like against madrid because madrid play football while the likes of blackbum and bolthong play rugby on the pitch.

Football Ninja

Cesc...

Real Madrid are a bunch of idiots. They actually let us play.. it was as if they have never seen or heard of Henry etc. Thats the problem though Blackburn have a number of players who if they weren't footballers would be be on crimewatch. They would sooner break your leg than let Cesc do that turn again. I cant imagine Hleb being given the freedom to turn his (admittedly quick feet) out of trouble.

I love Cesc but playing him against a spanish team who allow you to have time on the ball is abit different Blackburn who would love to send you to casualty. I would swap him and give him a rest. We have a squad so rotate to suit the job.

Blackburn can play football when they want to BUT I dont think Mark Hughes will take taht approach against us.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom