• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 20/09/08

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Bolton Wanderers v Arsenal
Barclays Premier League, Reebok Stadium
Saturday, September 20, 2008, 17:30

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3003242/first-team/bolton-wanderers-v-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/30032 ... -v-arsenal</a>

3. Arsenal P4 W3 D0 L1 GF8 GA1 GD+7 Pts9
13. Bolton P4 W1 D1 L2 GF4 GA4 GD0 Pts4

We beat them home and away last year and are on a three game league streak.

TomasCR

Established Member
Re: Bolton v Arsenal Premiership 20/09/2008 17:30

Didn´t realize we didn´t have this thread. Making a thread only one day before kick off is quite a rarity.

Silvestre, Diaby and Nasri still injured, right? Remember Wenger saying, don´t know if he (Silver) is back for Blackburn but if he is not he will surely be ok for the Dynamo game. Surprised? Don´t think so...

James

Established Member

Wenger's also said there will be some rotation due to the physical demands of the last two games. Bendtner starting i think is pretty much certain.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Indeed Tomas, those three are out:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/injured-french-trio-won-t-return-for-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... for-bolton</a>

According to Wenger Nasri and Silvestre are expected back for Hull (Sept. 27); Diaby another two weeks until he's fit.

Double_H

Established Member

How about Rosicsky :D

i remember somone said we will see Edu before him LOOL

anyways ...im glad we played aginst Blackburn away early and Bolton away on Sat

any win will do

TomasCR

Established Member

Actually that´s not funny at all you tool !

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Bolton will likely be missing Matthew Taylor and their record (I think) signing Johan Elmander.

Anyone think Theo will get a rest on the bench for this one with Eboue to start?

TomasCR

Established Member

So we could see...

--------------Alm-----------------
Sagna---Gallas---Toure---Clichy-
Eboue----Fabregas---Song---Denilson
------Bendtner-----Adebayor--------

Not so sure about Toure (maybe Djourou) and don´t know if Wenger is "brave" enough to put Vela next to Bendtner. RvP and maybe Walcott will get some rest. Would like to see Wilshere and surely Vela in this game. Any win will be good.

qs

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Bolton will likely be missing Matthew Taylor and their record (I think) signing Johan Elmander.

Anyone think Theo will get a rest on the bench for this one with Eboue to start?

Yeah I think we might even see Eboue and Vela on the wings. Wenger said he'd rest players and Theo's played quite a bit.

I reckon ven Persie could br dropped for Nik too.

............. Almunia ..............

Sagna .... gallas ...... Toure .... Clichy

Eboue .......Fab ........Denilson ...... Vela

...............Adebayor .... Bendtner....

Thats my guess.

algunner

RVP and Ade each had 2 clear chances could easily have been 4-0 before Kiev scored. Unfortunately they both were wasteful. The reason I feel RVP and Ade can be one of the most feared strikers in the world is that we rarely see both of them wasteful at the same time. When both are clinical these two can easily score each a brace in any given match. It is rediculours how many shots they had as many games this season. Its is only a matter of time they both become clinical at the same time and you will realise they are as most fearful strikers in the world. Now Walcott is added to the mix while Nasri comming soon boy I can't wait for a bigger match like ManUtd at home. Bolton should be a thrashing just like Blackburn, more exciting match should be C.C. fianlly at home.

N!

One win plix Mr. Wenger.

I'd like to see the team put the frustration of Kiev behind them for this one and just play to enjoy it.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

Hope we'll see the line-ups posted. Can't wait for vela to start.

By the way anyone know who the ref will be (lost my link to ref-appointments, anyone know a good site for that? )?

beepos

So Sicknote isnt back yet? What a bloody surprise.

James

Established Member

qs said:
............. Almunia ..............

Sagna .... gallas ...... Touré .... Clichy

Eboue .......Fab ........Denilson ...... Vela

...............Adebayor .... Bendtner....

Thats my guess.
I think that's pretty much the side we'll see. Only question mark would be whether Vela or Song start, with Denilson perhaps playing left mid. I would like to see that side.

Feanor

Established Member

Finally, a game I can watch in peace and quite. This would be an easy game except we're missing half the team again, I'm not sure why I still get worked up about our players being injured anymore since it happens every freaking year. Nasri, Rosissy, Silvie, Diaby etc...WTF?

I think Walcott will be rested so I have no idea who's playing on the left side, Vela? Wilshere? Might even see RvP on the left with Bendy and Ade up front This should be a close game, I don't think we'll blow them out. I expect a tight first half with us scoring 1 or 2 in the second half.

giuliob

clockwork orange said:

By the way anyone know who the ref will be (lost my link to ref-appointments, anyone know a good site for that? )?
Steve Bennett...Found it at the bottom of this link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7613918.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 613918.stm</a>

Webdesignlab

Established Member

beepos said:
So Sicknote isnt back yet? What a bloody surprise.

Which one, we got a few?

Rozzer is never coming back, he's a full time patient. I think he only joined Arsenal for the excellent medical plan.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

mags said:
clockwork orange said:

Steve Bennett...Found it at the bottom of this link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7613918.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 613918.stm</a>
Thanks mags.

Bennett :?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

Hopefully, another 4-0 win away from home.

I bloody hope Ade gets another hat-trick.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

I'm expecting this

---------Almunia---------
Sagna-Toure-Gallas-Clichy
Eboue-Denilson-Cesc-Theo
------Persie------------ADE

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom