• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 25/11/06

RC8

Established Member
Re: Bolton Wanderers V Arsenal 5:15pm Saturday (25th Nov)

DOUBLE-YOU said:
There are two types of teams in the premiership, those who will try to attack us and those who will try to bully us off the park. bolton are the best of the bullies.

I think there are actually 3 types of teams in the Premiership:

1- Those who think they can beat us by playing football (Pool, ManU, Chavs, etc.)

2- Those who think they can beat us playing football when we are away, but that will play boring defensive football at Ashburton Grove. (Boro, ManCity, Sp**s, etc.)

3- Those who think they have to bully us and try to play an aggressive game with long balls and hard tackles. (Bolton, Blackburn, etc.)

otfgoon

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
hopefully cesc doesnt get sent off. his image in th emedia now is pretty good so he has that as an advantage but IMO its only a matter of time before his temper problems becomes a talking point.

I like it personally, as long as he doesnt take it over the top.

stuart

Established Member
we are going to win this one comfortably, i know bolton are our bogey team but the lads have got so much stick over the past few years over how weak they are and i just feel they are going to respond!
im sorry to say but the main reason i want us to win his to shut tha cnut alan hansen up as anytime we win he says arsenal are playing well but the real test is against the boltons and blackburns

its obvious bolton will defend and fight so i would go with this lineup

lehmann

eboue
toure
senderos
clichy

hleb
baptista
fabregas
gilberto
walcott

henry

thats what id go with but i cant see wenger starting baptista and walcott who i really think deserves a go

Tony Montana

Established Member
stuart said:
we are going to win this one comfortably, i know bolton are our bogey team but the lads have got so much stick over the past few years over how weak they are and i just feel they are going to respond!

Didn't you say we would thrash Newcastle or is it just me? Honestly, guys, don't make bold statements just to show how macho you are. Just relax and wait for the game but don't bang on liek, 'oh, we're going to win easily..' It's just arrogant and disrespectful for the team we face if they are a premiership side - and we look stupid if we lose or draw e.g. Newcastle.

Tony Montana

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
First game at Bolton I will have missed since they got promoted. I just couldnt take going there and seeing us lose again and have to listen to their northern monkey support banging that drum.

40 quid aswell, the robbing bastards.

We'll probably win 5-0 now.

The tickets are 31 quid which is probably one of the cheapest prices in the prem.

jay-d

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
patrick42uk said:
hopefully cesc doesnt get sent off. his image in th emedia now is pretty good so he has that as an advantage but IMO its only a matter of time before his temper problems becomes a talking point.

Yeah, he seems to be getting closer and closer to boiling point, reminds me of last year when he ended up getting sent off at Everton.

Cesc's attitude is class IMO, if you get nasty with him, he'll give it back, Thierry could learn a lot from him, last night he got chiefed up by that CB and kept shaking his hand and giving him the thumbs up, where as Cesc was giving sly little digs and winding players up by making 3-1 signs with his fingers, Give it a year or 2 and Cesc won't have to worry about getting bullied by anyone.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
RockyRocastle said:
First game at Bolton I will have missed since they got promoted. I just couldnt take going there and seeing us lose again and have to listen to their northern monkey support banging that drum.

40 quid aswell, the robbing bastards.

We'll probably win 5-0 now.

The tickets are 31 quid which is probably one of the cheapest prices in the prem.

These extra 500 may be, but the original allocation upper tier are 40 quid.

What I was told anyway and the price last season.

stiiphunn

Established Member
kooldawg said:
henry79 said:
any one agree that clichy is not playing that well at all, against hamburg he was giving the ball away quite alot, his defending is not the best and we thought when he come back from injury and replace gallas we could attack better on the left hand side but so far its has been a dissapointment.

I think Wengers giving him some time to get settled into the team, but if clichy doesnt up his performances, i'm afraid we're probably have to look at some other alternatives, atleast until Traore is ready for the first team.

He just got back and needs game- being out for such a long time ain't easy. You need time to get back to your oldself.

But to be honest, Clichy has never been great defensively- although, I'm sure it will come with time.

bazza_afc

Being optimistic 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Edit: Clichy-bashers give him a break the guy has had three operations in 6 months and hasn't had a good run of games in about 2 years, some people are so impatient & fickle.

Alfonso

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Cesc has always been a little bit of a c**t, a bit of a Deco. He is Spanish after all.

Controversial comment. Are you suggesting all Spanish players are ****s? Allmunia seems like a nice guy to me :) Its always good to have one little **** in the team than a team full of poncy pussies.

lagos

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:
Cesc has always been a little bit of a c**t, a bit of a Deco. He is Spanish after all.

Controversial comment. Are you suggesting all Spanish players are c**nts? Allmunia seems like a nice guy to me :) Its always good to have one little s**t in the team than a team full of poncy pussies.

Quite honestly I like the fact he's got that fire in his belly. Vierra was like that. I think he does it to send a message to other teams that he's not a *****, but I think it might have the opposite effect with players deliberately trying to wind him up. With maturity he'll learn how to chanel his aggresion

lee1001

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
davies vs clichy on the back post. i'm having nightmares already.

to be honest i go into this game expectig nothing. bolton's form, our form all irrelevant for this game because theres nothing allardyce loves more than beating arsenal. it'll be physical and there will be a lot of high balls. the textbook antidote to arsenal football.

Both Senderos and Clichy need to be on top form for this one. Clichy could struggle, shame Gallas isn't fit because he'd be perfect for this game at left back.

Like Sammer said, im not sure Baptista should start. Yes he scored against Hamburg but he struggled against Newcastle and was clearly not match fit.

Im going for a 1-1 draw again im afraid.

lee1001

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:

Controversial comment. Are you suggesting all Spanish players are c**nts? Allmunia seems like a nice guy to me :).

I dunno, he played like a **** in the champions league final last year.

Gurgen

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:

Controversial comment. Are you suggesting all Spanish players are c**nts? Allmunia seems like a nice guy to me :) Its always good to have one little s**t in the team than a team full of poncy pussies.

Different culture basically. In Spain gamesmanship is accepted as part of football. Diving and general sneaky behaviour is very common in La Liga.

And I agree, his personality is not a negative. You need people like him in the team.

lagos

Established Member
yeah Beating us is always the highlight of Sam the bung's seasons - like winning the european cup to him. He never keeps quiet when he beats us.

liridon

i think the match against bolton is very important for us.
1. if we win we wont lose the moral and continue with wins

2. we would go close to manchester and chelski since one of them most lose this week.

RC8

Established Member
Gurgen said:

That comment in itself makes no sense, Deco is a diving idiot and a *****, Cesc is very volatile, but he is not a serial diver, and does not go around talking about his world class status, quite the opposite actually.

Apart from that, and the fact that Deco is not Spanish, he is Portuguese (I know you did not mean Deco was Spanish, but you did not support your argument of Spanish being cheaters.)

And, while La Liga's biggest teams are full of cheaters of many nationalities, you'll see your statement is not only ignorant, but plain stupid when you look further from the Spanish national team. Watch Real Sociedad for instance, where the majority of the players are Spanish, or Atletic Bilbao, or some other team that has plenty of Spanish players. If we are going to tag players because of the antics of the national teams, then all Brazilians, Portuguese, Dutch, and Italians are cheaters. (Those were the teams with the most dives per game during the World Cup).

morpho

Established Member
Why the long faces? Are there actually gooners putting money on Arsenal to loose?? I will let that pass as reverse superstition, but come on people...We will win this match! Why? Becouse Bolton has something to prove. After a pretty nice start of the season they now have 1 point from their last 4 games and are probabely going to play for 3 points which will only make our job easier. Our statistics at Reebok is not relevant as Arsenal is a new team with a new style of play. Dont think Wenger will suddenly play 442 either so I'll go with your line up Stuart with just a slight change...

Lehmann
Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Clichy
Hleb, Gilberto, Fabregas, Baptista, RvP
Henry

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom