• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Tuesday December 29th | KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Brighton (A), West Brom (A), Palace (H), Newcastle (H)

If we get four wins from this, that's the season turned around basically...could really build up momentum, if Arteta does the right things...the Chelsea match is Mikel's crossroads moment, lets see if he takes the right/wrong path from here.

Edit - Will take 10 points from the next four games, not looking forward to this game at all :lol:

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we get four wins from this, that's the season turned around basically...could really build up momentum, if Arteta does the right things.
All 4 of those teams not in great form either

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Brighton worries me a bit I'll be honest. They lose every week but they give everyone a good game. It looks like they are unlucky. Like genuinely unlucky, not like the way Arteta means.

They create a lot of chances especially when Lamptey plays, but Maupay and Welbeck are poor goal threats.

You just hope they don't decide to click against us, our record against them isn't good.

This was the fixture that changed everything for Mikel, gave Martinez a career in the premiership, ended Guendouzi's career in the premiership and now it's come full circle.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We didn't show Chelsea too much respect today so I hope we don't go back to treating the likes of Brighton and West Brom as though they're Bayern like we've done with teams like that lately. Think that's when having the young players also helps because they show no fear.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A monumental issue was Auba, Willian and Pepe were horrible game before last, and for most of the season if truth be told. Arteta solved all the problems in one fell swoop.

What a pickle, he’s defo bringing one of them back for this game. Best we can hope for is just Auba.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We played players who play with freedom and we played with freedom. It gives players around you more confidence. Casing point bellerin on the right. Willian always passes it back to him. Saka drove at Chelsea. Huge difference just with that.

Legend14

Established Member
Brighton worries me a bit I'll be honest. They lose every week but they give everyone a good game. It looks like they are unlucky. Like genuinely unlucky, not like the way Arteta means.

They create a lot of chances especially when Lamptey plays, but Maupay and Welbeck are poor goal threats.

You just hope they don't decide to click against us, our record against them isn't good.

This was the fixture that changed everything for Mikel, gave Martinez a career in the premiership, ended Guendouzi's career in the premiership and now it's come full circle.
Agree here. Watched a few Brighton games scouting Bissouma. Usually they have outplayed the other side. They bring energy and have a few quality players. This will be a battle and we will have to match their energy if we want the points.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Today's game and result will be diminished if we don't beat Brighton because in our current position it is more important to beat Brighton than to beat Chelsea.

While it's tempting to keep the same team to retain the vibe and reward the players the one advantage we have is a bigger squad than the teams around us so when there's two games a week for everyone we have to make that count. And we have an extra day's rest.

I'd bring in Gabriel for Pablo Mari and Auba (if he is 100%) for Laca. If we can get ahead I'd bring off Xhaka and/or Elneny as early as possible and put Willock and Ceballos on. It's important to carry that freshness on to the WBA game. Two wins and suddenly we're up to the heady heights of 12th and probably around 10 points off relegation, when we might have been in the relegation places of things had gone badly. Willian should not play again unless he sorts himself out in training. Shouldn't even be on the bench.

Hopefully with the pressure gone we can maintain the intensity and climb into the top half, then see how things go.

Last edited:

novar

More than losing, the fear is another Maupay masterclass and another Leno injury that would pretty much condemn us to relegation regardless of Arteta getting sacked.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
More than losing, the fear is another Maupay masterclass and another Leno injury that would pretty much condemn us to relegation regardless of Arteta getting sacked.
Wouldn't really as we would obviously sign a keeper days after when the January window opens (we may do this anyway).

We are run by idiots but I don't think they're that stupid tbf.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

If we get four wins from this, that's the season turned around basically...could really build up momentum, if Arteta does the right things.
You pair 9-12 points from these games with a couple clever recruitments in January and maybe we can pick up some form when you combine that with our best player returning from injury in January.

We just need to get as many points as we can until the second half of Jan where we rejuvenate our squad.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

As someone who has Brighton as my second team, they play some very clean and easy on the eye football, but as you say they just havent had their shooting boots on. Its been a mixture of luck, confidence and lack of options.

They certainly have been unlucky. Trossard, hit the woodwork 3 times against Manchester United (had him in FPL draft ffs) and after a positive start to the season maybe he would have pushed on from there confidence wise. Brighton hit the woodwork 4 times that game and Trossard also missed a sitter towards the end.

Maupay is extremely low of confidence, he is usually the type of guy who punishes a team like us when on form. He's tough strong and quick, and is a general **** to play against. Maybe Holding could match that c*ntery but may have gotten spun by him in the process. Thankfully we find him terribly out of form having not scored for ages now, for around 10 PL games. Welbeck has never been a goalscorer, he's not one to rely on but pops up with a few here and there. Probably needs to miss a good chance or two before he scores one.

We need to play with the same vigour we did against Chelsea, with young energetic players. If we play anywhere close to the way we did tonight then I expect us to win, the issue is Brighton have a great record against us and I am not close to being confident yet that we have returned to some sort of form.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I would keep the same lineup except Mari for Gabriel.

Mikel needs to keep this 11 as long as they perform. Id even be tempted to bring in Azeez.

Just keep Willian away from this team please and no Mustafi as I just don't trust him.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
I think Cottrell deserves a chance ahead of Azeez, being a year older and also showing promise. I’d like one of them to make the bench. Willock has had enough chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom