• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Charlton Athletic vs Arsenal | 01/01/05

seb_afc

Established Member
With three crucial points at St. James' park to keep in touch with chelsea, we head to the valley with three clean sheets in a row. Chelsea and Man Utd both have tough games. It is a game that will be tough but we should win.

Spike

Established Member
A win is vital, and I believe we'll see of the challenge and make it 3 wins out of 3 in the Christmas run.

stav25

I think this could be our hardest game of the three, just because of the extra rest Charlton have had. And if Liverpool dont do us a favour, it could be nervy...

Soler

Established Member
I'm worried about Thomas and/or Jeffers playing. You just know they'll score, just like Anelka will next week.

seb_afc

Established Member
jose is back though isnt he? that should give us a boost. it will definatly be tough, im just hoping that if liverpool do, do us a favour and we dont take advantage of it, it could cost us mentally.

nidza7

Established Member
Nothing but the win will do.Add a Kop`s win at Anfield and we have best New Year`s present.

seb_afc

Established Member
charlton have already had a thrashing.. ahh why not give it to them again. :twisted: :twisted:

kiddou

well...Reyes should be back but I don't know about Bergkamp
what do you think our starting XI will be??
i think it will go the same as vs Newcastle only Cesc for Flamini....

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah keep the same 11 but with cesc in there. unless jose is fit. then replace rvp with him. is eboue available for that game?

Spike

Established Member
kiddou said:
well...Reyes should be back but I don't know about Bergkamp
what do you think our starting XI will be??
i think it will go the same as vs Newcastle only Cesc for Flamini....

Probably right, we might see Reyes start or if not, be on the bench.

MightyArsenal

Charlton will be mega tough. We have been lucky in our last 2 away games. Only winning because of wonder goals. Charlton will play a 5 man midfield and it will just be us trying to break them down as usual.

Thank god Cesc will be back, flamini is alright but hes not arsenal class. He doesnt offer us anything attacking wise. Its no coincedence that we have gone missing as an attack in both games cesc has not played in. And true the guy needs a rest, but to me its seem we have become reliant on the little rugrat. The boy is probably going to be our most important player next season when hes stronger and fitter.

MightyArsenal

Martin tyler on sky sports commemted that reyes should be back for the stoke city game, so I doubt he will be ready for charlton.

Spike

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
Martin tyler on sky sports commemted that reyes should be back for the stoke city game, so I doubt he will be ready for charlton.

Wenger said he'll be back for Charlton, who do you trust? :p

alibey

I hope that Jose and Berggie will be 100% fit for Charlton, becouse that RVP guy dont seems so confident, especially in tonights game at St. James'park. He ruin that perfect pass from Henry, and a few others.

nidza7

Established Member
Well,Reyes will be available doesn`t mean he`ll start,perhaps will be good to start with RvP and then replace him with Jose who`s just recovered.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea's next three premiership games are tough, tough games.

Saturday they're at anfield against an in form liverpool side, 3 days later they entertain 5th placed middlesborough at stamford bridge. and I highly, highly doubt they will win BOTH of these games.

Then they've got a tough trip to White Hart Lane - only just 3 days after playing Manchester United in the carling cup.

So basically, this is a golden opportunity to get a run of wins together and close that gap on chelsea because i guarantee they will drop a few points in the next three games.

OUR next three games are against Charlton, Man City and Bolton - we should win them all really, including the tough trip to the reebok stadium.

People forget Chelsea still have to travel to places like Old Trafford, Anfield, and Goodison - while we've already gone to all those places...

kiddou

I realllyyyyy hope that Jose will be back against Charlton...
although he's a bit rusty maybe and not in form...he offers us options ... lots of them... would be nice to see him come on in 60+ mins...

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom