• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 20/04/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 450
  • Views 14,241

Aussie

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Great performance overall I thought, I knew they were not anything special. I think it is all looking very good for next year, especailly if we bring in a couple of class players and have luck with injuries.

I thought we were excellent in defence, aided by the total ****ness of Drogba. 24 million? Youre havin a larf!

In midfield we were excellent. Gilberto has made a huge difference to our team, we look 100% more solid. He was excellent again last night, as was PV apart from a couple of sloppy moments where he put us under pressure.

I thought Cesc had a brilliant game, he is just such a good player and did all that we could have asked of him last night. Pires was class last night, my motm.

Upfront though we were poor again. Dennis had a terrible game, and I am getting worried about him now. Reyes for all his hard work was totally ineffective again. Didnt look like he would score all night. I keep waiting for him to put in a world class performance, but it just doesnt look like happening. Without Henry upfront we are very lightweight in attack, and we need an out and out striker in the summer. When Henry is back I think Van Persie and Ali should be given a run of games with him.

Overall I thought a draw was a fair result, havent seen any highlights yet but thought we should have had a pen?Will do a view from the stands later if I have time unless someone else does one first.

From memory i dont think we should have had a pen. Did i miss something?

Aussie

Established Member
Well i suppose when you see things from inside the ground you get a different perspective on things.

Gunner4life09

Brialliant performance, we gave everything we got. i think if it was any other lower team than Chelsea we would have put 7 goals past them. i think both teams played brillaint football and it was exciting as the game was a very open. Our defence was super last night and Jen's had a great game.

My hat's off to arsenal . . .

eddie_wills

Gunner4Eva said:
I dont remember any penalty chances. I think you've been seeing things Rocky.

i seem to remember 2 half shouts, one of which was when Reyes went over Makelele. Can't remember specifics on the second

imo neither was a penalty, mind

Double_H

Established Member
to tell the truth im still pissed off we shoudve won the match the Legaue is Offically OvER .

my man of the match has to be Toure
if we didnt lose points aginst Lower Teams (southhampton,Palace and Man U) we shouldve won the league

no time for crying now

our defence is Great

we need a a Keeper ,Back up Defender and a right winger for next season

Great Match and we Know Arsenal is the better team

brianfrance

Established Member
I really enjoyed the match - we looked back to our defensive best - only cole made one or 2 placement mistakes
Bobby as in the first match v. chelsea was class
Very happy to see gilberto back!!
Reyes was the only dark thing of our side - I'd have play RvP but arsène knows.
More than 85% pass completion!

Muppy

At least Chelsea came out and played football both times this season unlike ManU. Overall i enjoyed the game. Well done gunners! Especially Senderos, this guys is shaping up to be great!

hollow

Last night Lauren really looked like a right back, not a converted midfielder, not a utility player, but a full back of high quality. I've criticised him quite a bit but he has made me eat my word. I'd like to see what he does next season with a regular right flank parter like an injury free Freddie or SWP.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
I dont remember any penalty chances. I think you've been seeing things Rocky. :wink:

It was a foul on Reyes, just before fat frankie got that block tackle in on bobby. Havin seen the highlights now, it looks to me a clear cut pen!

Anyway, cant be bothered doin a view from the stands, im sure you all get the picture now.

Our fans were ok, but nothing special, no new songs, average really.

To be honest, I dont think Henry would have scored if he played, but he would still be an important factor not only for the team morale, but because since he is so godly ( :D ) the chelsea defense would open up because they would try to shackle Henry. Even if they did do that, it would leave room for someone like FREDDIE (this was his sort of game) to pop up when least expected (like Pires did) and score (like Pires nearllyyy did...heartbreaking :( ) but still WELL DONE to the team, full on passion and committment, finally some heart shown after a while...I have always thought our team does not need a great player, but a committed one (a mix of both would be fine as well haha) to drive the team on, he does not necessarily have to be zidane-like. I wish I could play for them haha..I would give the heart and passion, but the skill... :roll: ;D

itisme

I enjoyed it :D

Kind of disappointed at a 0-0 draw though bet it's better than losing :) We played too well to lose 8)

A

Anonymous

im very proud of the boys, i was there- and we played brilliantly but maybe lacked a bit of attacking ambition in the second half, but it showed we are still right up there, and who knows how we would have fared with henry and freddie out there.

A

Anonymous

Roman said:
Well it was an entertaining game. I Didnt see that any team dominating over the other ... it's 50-50 .... even the chances were 50-50, although the second one from Pires looked more like the biggest disappointment for u guys as well as Drogba was a dissappointment for us in this game.

U were without Henry, Ljunberg & Campbell... and we were without Robben, Ferreira & Bridge ... so it wouldn't have made any difference. Our defense was weaker... Bayern scored 5 and Barca scored 4 against us ... Gunners???

crap

difference. we were without henry the best marksman in the word.

Williamnismist

Roman said:
Haha ... even with Henry at Highbury last time ... u couldnt beat us!!! That second goal was pure crap... it's like the referee was wearing red shirt.

yeah, and this time at your ground, you ppl can't even get a goal.
We have two main characters out, what about you? full squad eh? (don't even start the **** about Robben, he can't do **** infront of Lauren)
And and, where is fat frank during the game? oooooo he was busy looking for where Vieira was!!!

sabret00the

Established Member
fritz said:
Roman said:
Well it was an entertaining game. I Didnt see that any team dominating over the other ... it's 50-50 .... even the chances were 50-50, although the second one from Pires looked more like the biggest disappointment for u guys as well as Drogba was a dissappointment for us in this game.

U were without Henry, Ljunberg & Campbell... and we were without Robben, Ferreira & Bridge ... so it wouldn't have made any difference. Our defense was weaker... Bayern scored 5 and Barca scored 4 against us ... Gunners???

crap

difference. we were without henry the best marksman in the word.
they were without Robben, fact of the matter is, we should've been good enough to beat them anyway (with or without Henry).

quattro

Roman said:
U were without Henry, Ljunberg & Campbell... and we were without Robben, Ferreira & Bridge ... so it wouldn't have made any difference.
idiot.

he scored two against you lot the last time.

and...

he is the greatest striker in the world.

idiot.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I think Henry is the best striker in the world. I think his stats act as back-up to my point. His all-round play is just tremendous and doesn't need to score to be deadly.

I think he is the best.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom