• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 30/11/08

Feanor

Established Member
Re: Chelsea v Arsenal | EPL | 30/11/08 KO @ 4pm

I think this is a crucial game for us. I don't think we're quite dead yet in the PL. IF we beat chelsea at the Troll Bridge things will get interesting. We haven't played Liverpoo at all so we could potential come back to within 3 pts of those 2. Which means we just need 2 draws or a loss more than us to catch them. I know it's a lot of ifs but there is still hope, very very slim hope. Our team has to think and play like there is still hope. This team has enough character issues, they need to sac up and play every game like it's the final for the ECL/FA cup.

Gurgen

Established Member

Can't see us getting anything here, they have far too much for us right now. Our midfield will get run over and they won't miss the amount of chances ManU did. If we can keep it 2-0 I'll be fairly pleased.

kamikaze80

Established Member

feanor, i question your math.

2-0 loss sounds about right to me. we've simply got too maany injuries and no partnerships anywhere on the pitch cos our squad has been such a revolving door.

Feet said:
TBH, if you offered me a draw for this I'd bite your arm off at the shoulder.
careful, you might upset tomascr!

hesham

Established Member

Come on Gurgen!!! you cant be serious?
Were playing **** but we have managed to raise our game every 4-5 games.
We are due a performance, hopefully it will come at the bridge

patrick42uk

Established Member

Wenger should pack the midfield. If this was the same Arsenal as last year, i'd have relished this game and would be predicting a win. This is not Mourinho's Chelsea. They play football and that suits us. They are not the same powerful, efficient team that would almost certainly have won against us. That might even suit us on Sunday and I would be more confident if it wasnt for the fact we are not very solid defensively.

kamikaze80

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
If we can keep it 2-0 I'll be fairly pleased
:roll:

Seriously why do some of you people even bother supporting a football club.
you accept that a team like sunderland has real supporters, yes? and you accept that their supporters may not believe that they can beat chelsea and win the title every season?

then you will find that you already understand the concept of lowered expectations due to the lowered quality of our team and the rather large injury list we have at the moment. doesnt mean gurgen won't be hoping for a win on sunday.

hackajack

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
you accept that a team like sunderland has real supporters, yes? and you accept that their supporters may not believe that they can beat chelsea and win the title every season?
I know some real Sunderland supporters and while they know they're not going to win the title they don't give up the ghost when they go to Stamford Bridge either.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
SimplyFabregas said:
If we can keep it 2-0 I'll be fairly pleased
:roll:

Seriously why do some of you people even bother supporting a football club.

then you will find that you already understand the concept of lowered expectations due to the lowered quality of our team and the rather large injury list we have at the moment. doesnt mean gurgen won't be hoping for a win on sunday.

Is pessimist one of the requirements to be a mod on this forum?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Can see Wenger sending this type of team out:

Code:
                    Almunia

Djourou Gallas Silvestre Clichy

Denilson Fabregas Song Nasri

van Persie

Bendtner

Hopefully Adebayor and Sagna will be fit too.

kamikaze80

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
Is pessimist one of the requirements to be a mod on this forum?
:lol: i was on here saying we could win the title before the season started. i've changed my mind due to the reality of what we're putting out on the pitch.

of course, chelsea can have a bad game at home. however, recent history says they're pretty good at home and we haven't been able to beat them with full strength sides. a draw would be a great result.

Gurgen

Established Member

hesham said:
Were playing s**t but we have managed to raise our game every 4-5 games.

Thing is Wenger always chickens out when this tie arrives - RvP will be on the left wing, we will create absolutely nothing and will get slaughtered like always in the last 3 years. We haven't given them a game at the Bridge since 2005 (I'm not talking about results here, so don't bring up that 1-1 game, we were battered that day).

Thommybhoy

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
Thommybhoy said:
I think crucial question is who will be back from injury?
Sagna, Kolo, Nasri, Adebayor, Diaby, Eboue?
4 of those 5 would do :)
If Ade and Nasri are among those 4.

Ade, Sagna & Nasri are rated as 50/50 and the only ones expected to return.
If all 3 can play it's more that good.
Manny
Sagna, Gallas, Silvestre, Clichy
Deni, Cesc, Song, Nasri (I know there is no chance of seeing players better then Song and Denilson in midfield, players like Wilshere and Ramsey)
Ade, RvP

hackajack

Established Member

Gurgen said:
hesham said:

Thing is Wenger always chickens out when this tie arrives - RvP will be on the left wing, we will create absolutely nothing and will get slaughtered like always in the last 3 years. We haven't given them a game at the Bridge since 2005 (I'm not talking about results here, so don't bring up that 1-1 game, we were battered that day).
It's not a 'tie' it's a game in the PL. The 1-1 game we played pretty well and it needed a super goal from Essien (after an unpenalised foul) for them to get an equaliser. We were the better side for about 70 minutes last year until we got Drogba'd.

patrick42uk

Established Member

If we work hard enough, we have a chance. Chelsea have struggled in games against decent opposition. Even Tottenham got a point tat the bridge. If we stay concentrated for the 90 and avoid gifting them goals then we have a chance. I'd love Sagna back. I still think in the long run Walcott's injury is a blessing. IMO taking him out of the team or at least out of the midfield was an option to improve us defensively. Song in for Walcott might just be what we need to regain some stability.

Feanor

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
feanor, i question your math.

2-0 loss sounds about right to me. we've simply got too maany injuries and no partnerships anywhere on the pitch cause our squad has been such a revolving door.

Feet said:
TBH, if you offered me a draw for this I'd bite your arm off at the shoulder.
careful, you might upset tomascr!

My bad, I meant IF we won both games agains poo and chelski, we would be within 3 points...I know I know it is a huge if but weirder things have happened...

has this been taken??

I have a feeling we might nick it (though I always think that). I can see a 2-1 with Gallas getting the winner in injury time.

hesham

Established Member

Fcuk me. Chelsea have only conceded 4 goals this season. thought it was much more than that... Keeping a clean sheet will be key

True Gooner

Established Member

Gurgen said:
hesham said:

But we have got decent results, haven't we? You know better than to try and take on Chelsea at the Bridge - specially with how things are turning out.

I thought pragmatic football was what we all wanted.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom