• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

Should VAR be abolished ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If they keep it. There needs to be full accountability and Webb needs to fvck off and resign!!

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Wolves would be Europa if they’d got the right decisions, no wonder they’re pushing this 😭

And we'd have 1 title. Get rid of it. Failing that, bring in refs that know how to operate it.

Tired of incompetent hobbits like Lee Mason & anthropomorphic Berkshire Boars like Jon Moss ruining games for us.

Reactions: A_G

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
The idea of scrapping the technology because the people running it are beyond incompetent is ****ing mental.

Be like throwing away your grandma's PC because she keeps installing extra ****ing toolbars on her browser. It's not the computer's fault ffs :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I dont really see the point of it in its current format, so i'd bin it if they dont change it. Take last night for example. Clear foul on Gordon in the box but VAR won't ask the ref to look at it because his mistake wasn't enough of a mistake to warrant a review. If it's a foul it's a foul.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I mean it’s already corrupt. I don’t know how much worse it can get. VAR has killed something about the game for me personally though.
It can get far worse with regards to decisions. They will start to make errors again where players are called offside when they are 1m onside. Agree VAR has destroyed the joy and spontaneity of celebrations but just employ the right people who know to how to use it properly. Most other leagues have far less problems with it. Part of the problem is people expect if you employ technology, it should be perfect. This is not the case.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think the Premier League has a lot to learn from how VAR is handled in international big tournaments. Football should perhaps also look to rugby in how VAR is communicated to the viewers.

It would be a mistake to abolish it, but the current implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think the Premier League has a lot to learn from how VAR is handled in international big tournaments. Football should perhaps also look to rugby in how VAR is communicated to the viewers.

It would be a mistake to abolish it, but the current implementation leaves a lot to be desired.
Definitely, every time I see VAR at International tournaments or Champions League it is way less obtrusive.

In the same way you barely notice the ref if he is having a good game you shouldn't really notice VAR if it is implemented correctly, that is what they should be working towards IMO. Four or five minute delays after goals are scored are not good for the fan or for football.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

One of the big problems is transparancy and that's not just VAR related. I don't understand why they can't just something like this? The NHL also have their refs announce their decision for everyone.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
One of the big problems is transparancy and that's not just VAR related. I don't understand why they can't just something like this? The NHL also have their refs announce their decision for everyone.

Because they’re more interested in protecting themselves than the game

sdotzdot

Established Member
It's so obvious that the individuals operating VAR are the issue, not VAR itself. PGMOL needs to be removed from control of VAR; this should be handed to an independent third party with *zero* connection to the PGMOL.
The solution is literally so blindingly obviously it’s embarrassing.

But they’ll never do it. Because as the post above me says, they’re only interested in themselves. Have a really creepy tribal mentality do refs, where they feel they need to be a protected species. They will never do that as it’ll make them feel inferior, they can’t be having that.

It’s just shameful all round, best league in the world ffs.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I'm quite happy to see it go as it's done way more harm than good, but it just allows refs to go back to the old ways.

The ideal solution is suitable people running it basically and they would rather bin it than do that lol.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom