• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

Should VAR be abolished ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather they abolish playing football altogether and just have those gross bald little PGMOL pricks to meet in a pub in some next inbred village in NW and decide the results there. Just check Ceefax next day and don't waste 2h every weekend watching this nonsense.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd rather they abolish playing football altogether and just have those gross bald little PGMOL pricks to meet in a pub in some next inbred village in NW and decide the results there. Just check Ceefax next day and don't waste 2h every weekend watching this nonsense.

No football would free me up for my true love.

Sunrisers Hyderabad-Mania here we go.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'm quite happy to see it go as it's done way more harm than good, but it just allows refs to go back to the old ways.

The ideal solution is suitable people running it basically and they would rather bin it than do that lol.

I doubt they’ll get rid of that posse, so it’s a choice of either one of the two below:

or

1715872829511.png

I’m with @jones in just scrapping football entirely 😂 it’ll save us a lot more time tbh.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
VAR needs to bettered, not scrapped.

The major issue is that for VAR to improve, the PGMOL needs to admit their mistakes, it's the only way forward.

For instance, ref audio should be like in American sports so that there's at least transparency on how decisions took place.

Offsides should use the semi autonomous thing from the WC, which by itself would cut time waiting for VAR offside checks by a mile.

So many little QoL stuff to be added, but they won't out of hubris. Common theme with most FAs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Mistakes also happened before VAR, refs were still crap.

But the best part about football is that feeling right after your team scores a goal, now you have to wait to before you can really celebrate...so glad I didn't have to deal with that growing up.

Get rid out it, tbh...think it's one of the reasons why football has lost a little spark, and why it feels too controlled now.

sub_sub

Need to do away with the 'is it clear and obvious' bar, such a vague and opaque concept that can be used to bow out of making a call. Nothing is that clear and obvious when the game is played in real time. Just draw a conclusion that the decision is incorrect / needs another ref review.

I also think it would be good if VAR team were completely independent from the referees, to avoid the VAR assistants backing up their colleagues.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Klopp is bang on correct. PGMOL's inability to use VAR is the key issue here.

Most of the refs are muppets and we'll back to even worse decision making without the VAR.

Time for FA to hire external consultants to reframe the entire process.

Tnegs

I don’t get why VAR isn’t just automated with AI calling the shots and a human reduced to reviewing it. Cant be that hard to train a program to it better than whatever idiots are in the VAR room.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I love this quote, its so Mourinho. Sounds really insightful but then you realise it doesn't fit very well. I don't think clubs want to get rid of VAR because they want to increase their chance of getting away with cheating, but more of the fact it doesn't work currently.

Also Mourinho would NEVER do anything underhanded to win a football game, all honour and class is that guy 👍

outlawz

Imagine introducing a new software at work to optimise decision making, and instead of firing the numpties incapable of using it and hiring people who can, they're thinking of scrapping the software and keeping the numpties in charge. ****ING AMAZING!

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom