• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Crystal Palace 0 - 1 Arsenal | Monday 21st August | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_blog.jpg

Predicted Lineup

Prediction

Crystal 0-2 Arsenal

Last edited:

RWB

Player:Saliba
I think it might be the same XI as against Forrest, but with Gabriel in for Timber.

Partey inverts in possesion forming the Partey-Rice-Øde-Havertz box midfield. With a situational back 3 of White-Saliba-Gabriel behind. White is allowed to overlap on the right and a CM drops back to cover.

Only other option that I see is if Zinny is fit enough to start (unlikely). Then we instead invert into midfield from LB, Partey starts in midfield and we get a Zinny-Partey-Øde-Rice box with Havertz in the striker position maybe? Still White-Saliba-Gabriel back 3.

Legend14

Established Member
Think Mikel’s alternative XI is Partey back in midfield with Havertz replacing Eddie up top. I’d rather see Trossard at CF but apparently he’s not Mikel’s pet anymore. Would be absolutely crazy if Gabriel doesn’t come back in..

Ramsdale

White Saliba Gabriel Tomi

Partey
Ødegaard Rice

Saka Havertz Martinelli

100%. So simple and sensible for an away match.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Very easy win.

I am more concerned about our home games. These players get too comfortable at home, believing their hype slightly.

bergholt

Glad our injuries have got started already, I thought we were going to have a good run this year which would have been terrible.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think we'll win a tight game 1-0. Hopefully White is back to RB and Gabriel in the middle. I assume Tomi will come in for Timber.

remains

This one will show whether we are up for the fight this season. Palace away has the potential to be a tricky fixture but we if we are at our best we should win comfortably.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This one will show whether we are up for the fight this season. Palace away has the potential to be a tricky fixture but we if we are at our best we should win comfortably.

We are definitely up for the fight, that shouldnt be in doubt.

What we should be concerned about is how we manage 90% of teams this season, who will play like Forest.
Will our tactical plans be able to create the openings we need?

Tomb Bombadil

I would go with this 11:

Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel Tierney
Partey
Ødegaard Rice
Saka Nketiah Trossard​

Is Tierney still available? With back four and Rice we can have a more offensive Defender. Otherwise Tomy as LB and maybe Havertz as 8.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Normally I would like to see a back 3 again with just big Gabi coming in for Timber. There were some interesting new dynamics with how Rice would push up to draw players in to the middle while Ødegaard would switch wide so we could easily work the ball to Saka, and also Havertz pulling out so Nelli could come in. I think if and when we nail those movements we’ll be incredibly difficult to play against.

But with the threat that Palace have in running the channels, we need a proper back 4. Problem is I can’t see Arteta doing it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its away game so i think mikel will go with Partey Rice in midfield Gabriel back to partner Saliba and if Zinchenko ready to go he should start either Havertz or Eddie upfront.

Not easy game crystal palace been pain for us last few seasons away despite winning there last season. I expect 3-1 win they definitely won't defend with 10 men they at home.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I would like us to go for:

GK: Ramsdale
RB White
CB Saliba
CB Gabriel
LB Tierney
CM Rice
CM Havertz
CM Ødegaard
LW Martinelli
RW Saka
CF Trossard

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Very easy win.

I am more concerned about our home games. These players get too comfortable at home, believing their hype slightly.

I am the opposite.

Feel we will be pretty formidable again at home, even when it gets tense like Saturday I feel we will win most games.

But away from home I am slightly skeptical how our new set up will work as I am worried about our defensive transitions (teams will attack us more away too) need to see how we play before being confident again.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I am the opposite.

Feel we will be pretty formidable again at home, even when it gets tense like Saturday I feel we will win most games.

But away from home I am slightly skeptical how our new set up will work as I am worried about our defensive transitions (teams will attack us more away too) need to see how we play before being confident again.
I can never be the opposite of your opinion.

Therefore I have now changed my stance. I officially agree with you.

Thanks for the newfound anxiety for this game!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I am the opposite.

home and away we tend to lose our way during the game but away our approach is more solid defensively i can see us beating most non of top 6 sides away from home this season again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom