• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | Sat 21st Feb | 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Tir Na Nog said:
Nice selfie after the game. Jamie Caragher probably whinging about it as we speak. Scouse ****.

B-Yn0hCIYAAiJlD.jpg

They should do the next one with one of them holding a headshot of Caragher so he can feel included.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
beck said:
The Jury said:
beck said:
I love arsenal with every fibre of my body if I was playing against us I would do my job

Would you charge Wenger for a Heathrow run? :arrow:
Of coarse

Blimey, beck. I'd gladly drive from Hackney to where he lived (herts somewhere), pick him up, and take him to Heathrow. And I'd pay for the privilege! And I'm one of those unspeakably evil swines that want him to resign at the end of the season! I'd probably sniff the seat he sat in too. Perspective, eh? :lol:

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
bingobob said:
Wenger is a good to very good manager but greatest in the world nit even the biggest Wenger fan agree with you. Never won the Champions League never done back to back league wins. Today isn't a day for slagging him though top teams win on their off days today we done that. Move on and next please.

Well said on both levels.

Especially after we see Chelsea bottle it and get a draw (not surprising by Cesc and Costa don't look as good in last few weeks as earlier in the season) and United got tonked.

I think some people are not happy unless they are whining and complaining about things.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The_Roadrunner said:
I think some people are not happy unless they are whining and complaining about things.

no, it's really not anything like that, for me, anyway. I get nothing out of saying we performed sh!t and there might be problems ahead unless we change something. I detest that line I've quoted of yours. It's a bit personal, it doesn't even make sense, and it adds nothing. Stick to analysing the game.

Anyone moaning, is moaning about the performance--not the content of other peoples posts

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
The Jury said:
no, it's really not anything like that, for me, anyway. I get nothing out of saying we performed sh!t and there might be problems ahead unless we change something. I detest that line I've quoted of yours. It's a bit personal, it doesn't even make sense, and it adds nothing. Stick to analysing the game.

Anyone moaning, is moaning about the performance--not the content of other peoples posts

I never mentioned any names just me perception from skimming the thread.

Nothing really to complain about today. We got the result. Thats what counts. Thats what champions do. Chelsea and United both dropped points today. I prefer to play like ****e and win than play great and lose. Chelsea won the CL when they mostly played like ****e. Before Wenger, 1-0 to the Arsenal was a thing for a reason. Grinding out results might not be pretty but its something any good team has to know how to do.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Aye, dont let opinions that you see as negative, spoil it for you mate. My observations make me pretty negative right now on the whole, yet I'm not the least bit put off by those that are of the opinion that everything is fine as long as we keep eeking out a result. I don't feel compelled to moan about people that, in my opinion, are being overly positive, or being short-sighted. I dont know why some think their stance is superior!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's strange that some cant understand that it's possible to be ecstatic about a result, but still have deep concerns about the efficiency of the squad--particularly since the shape has shifted on the return of Özil and Welbeck.

What Chelsea and Man Utd do doesn't really make what we do any better or worse.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
The Jury said:
Aye, dont let opinions that you see as negative, spoil it for you mate. My observations make me pretty negative right now on the whole, yet I'm not the least bit put off by those that are of the opinion that everything is fine as long as we keep eeking out a result. I don't feel compelled to moan about people that, in my opinion, are being overly positive, or being short-sighted. I dont know why some think their stance is superior!

LOL

How long you been a gooner mate?

You aren't reading my posts accurately.

If someone expects el juego bonita every game they will always be disappointed. No team can maintain that standard over a full season, not even Barca when they were winning everything did that nor even our Invincibles year.

Grinding out victories is what most champion teams need to do. Not about being 'overly positive or negative' or anything like that. Its about perspective. Both 'pool and the chavs had some droll matches the year they won the CL. What matters is the result.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Got to say i've not seen much praise for how clinical we've been early on, we've had ourselves in comfortable positions by half time in a lot of our more recent games. We've done a lot to correct how we'd look half asleep and only switch on a goal down and into the second half.

For years we've played silky football and not been rewarded for it, i'd take us being direct and taking our chances over that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why our fullbacks giving to much space for the wingers to cross watching the highlights again Chambers many times giving the winger or the fullback alot of space to cross without putting any pressure.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
The Jury said:

Actually it does because its all about points accumulated over the season relative to our opposition. The results and performances are relative. When we pick up points that is a good thing both for morale and the obvious math of the table.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The_Roadrunner said:
How long you been a gooner mate?

You aren't reading my posts accurately.

If someone expects el juego bonita every game they will always be disappointed. No team can maintain that standard over a full season, not even Barca when they were winning everything did that nor even our Invincibles year.

Grinding out victories is what most champion teams need to do. Not about being 'overly positive or negative' or anything like that. Its about perspective. Both 'pool and the chavs had some droll matches the year they won the CL. What matters is the result.

Gooner 27 years.

And I completely understand that you cant put out brilliant results every week, and that winning ugly is just as good sometimes. To me, they're just cliches, though, that don't dare to scratch the surface. And that'd also be ok if we actually looked good or convincing for a sustained period so far this season, but we have not.

I've noticed we're poor when certain personnel are crammed into 11 places, and there appears to be more than a little something to it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The_Roadrunner said:
The Jury said:

Actually it does because its all about points accumulated over the season relative to our opposition. The results and performances are relative. When we pick up points that is a good thing both for morale and the obvious math of the table.

Im talking about the team performances improving. Points will come as a result of that, and far easier. But as long as Man Utd and Chelsea--the latter of whom are miles in front of us and can afford more slip ups--can still lose, we're just dandy :lol:

cannonade

Established Member
@YousIf

"Why our fullbacks giving to much space for the wingers to cross watching the highlights again Chambers many times giving the winger or the fullback alot of space to cross without putting any pressure."

Maybe because the footing was so dodgy they were afraid to step in and challenge and risk getting beaten...the pitch was totally dreadful especially on the wings and in the corners. A defenders nightmare.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah was gonna mention the pitch, it was horrific. People slipping and sliding everywhere, at one point Alexis went down and I thought that was it for him the way he turned on the turf.

I remember when Valencia broke his leg due to a dodgy turf at OT, a decent pitch should be the minimum requirement for ANY PL team. Palace's groundsmen should be docked wages.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the Crystal Palace support is really great 2-0 down and they didn't stop chanting they remind me of Bundesliga fans.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I was really impressed by the fight our little tackers were putting up even though they were getting man handled . They have become quite combative .

Tell you what this match does show though , Totts are pretty average . Looks like any team that has a go can force us back . That needs to be addressed and our full backs are reactive not pro active , consequently at times they looked like headless chooks .

Iceman10

Established Member
celestis said:
I was really impressed by the fight our little tackers were putting up even though they were getting man handled . They have become quite combative .

Tell you what this match does show though , Totts are pretty average . Looks like any team that has a go can force us back . That needs to be addressed and our full backs are reactive not pro active , consequently at times they looked like headless chooks .

There does need to be some recognition of us transitioning to a style which isn't always about possession but more counter-attacking, esp. away from the Emirates. We haven't got the balance quite right in wide areas, still in between two styles of play, and need to clarify positioning when out of possession, particularly our wide forwards. That and there also needs to be a little tweaking in the centre of the park in not leaving Le Coq with too much to do by himself in terms of defensive duties.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Iceman10 said:
celestis said:

There does need to be some recognition of us transitioning to a style which isn't always about possession but more counter-attacking, esp. away from the Emirates. We haven't got the balance quite right in wide areas, still in between two styles of play, and need to clarify positioning when out of possession, particularly our wide forwards. That and there also needs to be a little tweaking in the centre of the park in not leaving Le Coq with too much to do by himself in terms of defensive duties.

Yeah I agree , while we are trying to establish a style we can look clueless . Just making an observation that Tottnumb weren't anything special . Monaco will be interesting .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom