• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | 21/01/06

Army of Me

Established Member
After the demolition of Middlesbrough, do you think Everton will be slightly afraid they're about to get yet another whipping from us?

It's been a while since I've said this, but this is going to be an easy game for us.

Expecting Campbell to be back and Cole to start. Possibly Diaby on the bench.

Lehmann

Lauren
Senderos
Campbell
Cole

Ljungberg
Gilberto
Fabregas
Pires

Reyes
Henry

3-0, 4-0, 5-0. it could be anything really.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
More like 2-1, IF we play well. It never matters how well we're doing, or how badly they're doing, Everton away has always been a really tricky game for us.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
pha2er said:
really, i thought we destroyed them twice last year.

4-1 and 7-0.

Alright, we did do that last year. But last year aside, we've struggled. I just don't see the point of predicting anything for Arsenal this season. Especially away from home.

James

Established Member
Exactly. We've always struggled to get a result up at Goodison.

I'll be at this one, so don't expect a victory people.

1-1 i'm saying

Army of Me

Established Member
you're right, which is why i said "i haven't said this for a while", but considering what we did to them the last time we played them, and considering we've just done the same thing to middlesbrough, i can imagine them feeling slightly nervous about yet another embarrassing defeat to us... all within what, 8 months?

it should be easy because everton will be quaking in their little blue boots.

gun4glory

-Everton are on a pretty decnt run (3 wins in a row)
-After demolishing Everton last season, Arsenal were beaten by Birmingham and then were outplayed (but won :D ) by Man Utd in the FA Cup...

I don't wanna say too much because after a great proformance vs Pompey we went and were held to a pathetic draw @ Villa.... But i honestly the team has finally gotten it together with Henry and Cole comitting, most of the squad fit and/or coming back to fitness...

I would like to see:

Lehmenn
Lauren-Senderos-Sol(Djourou)-Cole
Ljungberg-Gilberto-Fabregas-Pires
Reyes Henry

Almunia, Djourou, Hleb, Flamini/Diaby, RvP (it fit*, if not Lupoli)

*Even if RvP is 100% fit I dont want to rush him back because we saw what happened last time...

Mark

Established Member
Lehmann

Lauren Senderos Sol Cole

Freddie Gilberto Cesc Pires

Reyes Henry

Basically the same lineup that thrashed Boro, but hopefully with Sol returning. Everton have been poor this season, but hey so have we away from home. I think we'll win, but it'll be tough. 2-1 Arsenal, Henry twice.

Fuzzo

GK. Crazy Jens
DL. Ashley
DC. Sol
DC. Phil
DR. Lauren
ML. Pires
MC. Cesc
MC. Gil
MR. Walcott (Ha)
FC. Titi
FC. Jose

I predict a tough match, but we really should be winning this one, infact we need to.

Tegh

Established Member
I don't think it'll be an easy game, they gave Chelsea a run for their money when the chips were down (way down) and no one looked like they could stop Chelsea. Everton still have quality, but like us, they've not played anywhere near their potential.

Anyhow, caution aside, I can see the score flattering us, with us winning 3-0.

patrick42uk

Established Member
if our players have forgotten what its like to be pressed in midfield, i'm sure everton will be a reminder. they wont give us the space boro gave us so it will be a tough game.

awooga83

Established Member
Don't think it will be as easy as some may think it will be a tough game and because its away we can't take anything for granted. Hopefully the resounding win against Boro will help give confidence to the team but i wouldn't bet on it. Anyway i reckon we might win by the odd goal.

JML

We haven't won an away game comfortably since October, and that was against Sunderland in the Carling Cup. With Everton on a 3-game hot streak (though none of the 3 teams they've beaten are in the top half of the table), this could prove to be a tought test, but not tough enough.

2-0. Henry, Fabregas.

IBL

Established Member
The Blue scousers are actually in the middle of a good run, and as mentioned Goodison park isnt historically a happy hunting ground for us barring last seaons opening game.

Good thing for us is that we've not concede a goal in over 7.5 hours, hopefully Sol will be fit because we'll need him to combat the aerial threat of both Ferguson and Beattie. Cashley back will be a boost. It'll be a scrappy physical game but I reckon we can do enough to win it, but only just. As usual I wont give a prediction but I feel anything less than a win would be a poor result. If we're serious about climbing up the table we need to win these types of matches.

raphael_as

James said:
Exactly. We've always struggled to get a result up at Goodison.
? IIRC, our record over the last 10 yrs at Goodison is something like 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses - that's pretty good I think.

Sure they're on a run of 3 wins, but that's against Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton (who are horrible at the moment): hardly the steel of the premiership.

I expect a good win.

James

Established Member
If that record is correct, then my bad i guess. Goodison is a very difficult place to get a result though, and apart from last seasons 4-1 thrashing, it's always been a very close game. Certanly doesnt feel we've done that well there over the years.

I recall the likes of Danny Cadamateri scoring winners against us at Goodison :lol:

Tegh

Established Member
I remember that little dreadlocked guy.
Where the hell is he? He was really young when he scored against us, like 21, right?

seb_afc

Established Member
fking annoying its on so early... looks like im going to be up at 5am for the drive up there... but hopefully should be worth it.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom