• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 11/09/04

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I'll never know how we won that game 3-0. The first-half sounded really bizarre and I really feared for unbeaten run. We have to give some credit to Halsey for denying Fulham a couple of goals.

sabret00the

Established Member
i can say i was **** scared, they were all over us for 60 minutes, but we seem to have perfected what the italians do in being able to soak up pressure and break from there.

Soler

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I'll never know how we won that game 3-0. The first-half sounded really bizarre and I really feared for unbeaten run. We have to give some credit to Halsey for denying Fulham a couple of goals.

It's rather simple. Reyes on for Pires gave us that spark we lacked. In all honesty Pires was pretty off-song today whereas Reyes was, as always, razor sharp. 6/6!

huyha123

1. i post a topic asking about "pressing over" issue. and frankly the answer for that is NONE. except for one thing. Reyes.

if there is not him in the team today. we can not win. simply as that. Henry and Pires can not break down Volz. he very fast. but Reyes just faster.

2. team defense with lots of players. we have the answer. pick the ball and go directly to the defence. hoping for a foul. coz it much better than pass the ball around.

if you lose it, you pay big price for counter-attack with most of your players already up front.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
GoonerGurjit said:

It's rather simple. Reyes on for Pires gave us that spark we lacked. In all honesty Pires was pretty off-song today whereas Reyes was, as always, razor sharp. 6/6!

I'm talking about the first half. We could easily have been two down by then, but for two match changing decisions from the referee.

huyha123

at halftime, i feel not only Reyes but Cesc should on as well. he give another dimension in attack. right into the middle of the defence.

but wenger is more than right. Vieira needed to win and keep the ball. though he sometimes clearly just pass the ball around. can not pick it up and run to Fulham defence.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Its amazing how Reyes has established himself as a key player in such a short space of time. Now it seems we actually rely on him as much as if not more than Henry! I never thought i'd see the day. :mrgreen:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Time wasting?

Thats the thing - it clearly was not time wasting. Not once in the game did we keep the ball next to the corner flag or adopt any other sort of time wasting tactics - we continued to attack even in stoppage time - it looked like the boys werent done and were very hungry and determined to make it 4-0.

Another thing - lauren was actually ASKING for the ball. I think henry even gave him a look before he walked over it. Pennant quickly ran over to give lauren the ball, and we were off to ATTACK once again.

Definately not time wasting, i dont know what it was but i just didnt like it. :x

huyha123

Mourinho blame referee for his 2 dropping points. "if that is Henry or Ruud, the decision will be different". OMG, see the Fulham game man.

Henry IV

From the match report I heard that Fulham were a bit unlucky. It's great that Ljungberg is back in the goals again. I was starting to fear for him. And I think we've said all that can be said about Reyes.

huyha123

Gazza Martinez said:
Its amazing how Reyes has established himself as a key player in such a short space of time. Now it seems we actually rely on him as much as if not more than Henry! I never thought i'd see the day. :mrgreen:

Henry become more a provider than finisher these days with his injury. while Reyes is fresh and very MEAN. give him a chance he put it away. also he always want the ball. run forward.

looking at him today. i feel like see a rocket. just so quick.

the dawn raids

Established Member
strange day for penalties. fulham gets one, then its taken away, henry should have had one, drogbas whole mess, and bowyer really should have had 2 as well.

anyway, performances like these are what separates champions; being down, and taking the few chances you have and capitalising. lets hope its a sign to come. on to the champions league.

Evil Dragon

45 Games Unbeaten - Fulham 0 - 3 Arsenal (11/09/2004)

51288876.jpg

51288911.jpg

51288912.jpg

51288913.jpg

51288969.jpg

51288973.jpg

51288976.jpg

51289009.jpg

51289019.jpg

51289020.jpg

51289034.jpg

51289092.jpg