• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 23/08/08

sabret00the

Established Member
Well it turns out the Gunners' next expedition will be the incredibly short haul to South West London. There the mighty crusaders will strap up. Gooners will be excited to see the General raid the armoury and spare no expense with the Arsenal available. There will be many questions that need answering, but no stone will be left unturned in what will undoubtedly be a continuation of the magical quest to conquer all in this fantasy land named the Premier League. Will it be a return for Cesc the warrior who's just got an upgrade including the European Cup Honour. Will we see Walcott equip the scoring boots. Will Nasri continue to put pressure on the enemy wingman named CRonaldo as the best (statistically talking) wingman in the county. Will our last bastion of defence the mighty Almunia be beaten once again only to be saved by the young Swiss Djourou. Find out all this and more in that wonderous RPG called Match Day, available on TV for a small subscription fee. Recommended for young child, adults and pensioners. Exclusively on my birthday too.

PS: here's my written protest to put the match day threads back in the subforum!

asajoseph

Established Member
Re: PL: Fulham v Arsenal | 23-08-80 17:30

I have no idea what you're talking about. It reads as if it's been Babelfished from Japanese.

I can only guess that it might have something to do with our next match?

;)

sabret00the

Established Member

asajoseph said:
I have no idea what you're talking about. It reads as if it's been Babelfished from Japanese.

I can only guess that it might have something to do with our next match?

;)
Just about ;)

Is it sad that i love the fact you said "It reads as if it's been Babelfished from Japanese.". Small victories... :D

RockyRocastle

Established Member

Best away of the season this, and a late kick off will make it even better. £48 briefs though, robbing bastards.

stuart

Established Member

Think we could see an easy 2/3-0 victory for the Arsenal. Fulham and their manager are ****, this should be a good game to watch

James

Established Member

RockyRocastle said:
Best away of the season this, and a late kick off will make it even better. £48 briefs though, robbing bastards.
Indeed it is. I love Craven Cottage. Always the best atmosphere both in the ground, and in the pubs. Sadly, i'm at Reading Festival.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member

I have to say, I prefer these previews to RC8's.

Think you should lay off the jazz cigarettes for a while though mate. ;-)

Jkreffer

Established Member

This is always a bloody good game to go to this. The Fulham fans are usually a decent bunch who know their stuff.

Fulhams defence is shambolic though and their midfield legless.

1-0 again I think, Adebayor.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

I like Fulham. They're one of the few clubs where we always manage to win comfortably against.

3-0. Ade to score two, and Nasri to continue to impress by adding a third late on.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Looking forward to this, expect us to score two three and keep a clean sheet. Adebayor needs to score to regain some confidence...

Original_AAA

I am wondering just how a big difference it is between this years Fulham and last years Fulham. With 8 new players in the squad and no fewer then 16 going the other way, it will be interesting to see.

However, Fulham is in my mind still one of the weaker teams in the Premier League and anything less then three points would be disapointing. However under Hodgeson they have really tightened up at the back (From 1,58 goals conceded to 1,13.) so I don't expect more then a 1 to 2 goal victory.

banduan

Established Member

No matter how tight they are though we almost always seem to carve them up, last two season's screw-up notwithstanding.

qs

Established Member

If Hull can beat them it'd be embarassing if we didn't. They're not in any sort of form, they were ****e against Hull, defence is there for the taking. I'd have been worried if they had Johnson but he's out by the looks of it so I think we really should win this one.

stuart

Established Member

If your worrying about Andy Johnson then god help you for the rest of the season :lol:

Feanor

Established Member

sabret00the said:
Well it turns out the Gunners' next expedition will be the incredibly short haul to South West London. There the mighty crusaders will strap up. Gooners will be excited to see the General raid the armoury and spare no expense with the Arsenal available. There will be many questions that need answering, but no stone will be left unturned in what will undoubtedly be a continuation of the magical quest to conquer all in this fantasy land named the Premier League. Will it be a return for Cesc the warrior who's just got an upgrade including the European Cup Honour. Will we see Walcott equip the scoring boots. Will Nasri continue to put pressure on the enemy wingman named CRonaldo as the best (statistically talking) wingman in the county. Will our last bastion of defence the mighty Almunia be beaten once again only to be saved by the young Swiss Djourou. Find out all this and more in that wonderous RPG called Match Day, available on TV for a small subscription fee. Recommended for young child, adults and pensioners. Exclusively on my birthday too.

PS: here's my written protest to put the match day threads back in the subforum!

*cough*DORK*cough* :mrgreen:

Good pre-game. Can't wait, it is going to be on TV here in the US so I don't have to squint at my computer screen for 2Hours! You know what the best part of our win early Saturday morning is? Nobody else cares, I'm looking at the Guardian, ESPN, Sky etc...and it's all about Berbatard, Manure's poor 1st game, Chelski and Aston Villa, it's like we don't exist! I love it.

I hope Kolo and Cesc are back, I also would like to see RvP start this time but we will have to wait and see. I hope Wenger is spending this week working on Eboue's shooting IF he insists on playing him. That was horrendous!

Feanor

Established Member

Original_AAA said:
I am wondering just how a big difference it is between this years Fulham and last years Fulham. With 8 new players in the squad and no fewer then 16 going the other way, it will be interesting to see.

However, Fulham is in my mind still one of the weaker teams in the Premier League and anything less then three points would be disapointing. However under Hodgeson they have really tightened up at the back (From 1,58 goals conceded to 1,13.) so I don't expect more then a 1 to 2 goal victory.

Full-ham looked terrible against Hull (who I'm picking as the plucky losers I want to stay up this year at random) but if we don't have someone other than Eboue at CM and RvP on the bench, I expect another close victory.

qs

Established Member

stuart said:
If your worrying about Andy Johnson then god help you for the rest of the season :lol:

He's spoilt things for us before.

Gunner4life09

I'd be satisfied with 3 points as always but I'd really like to see a comfortable win of 2 to 3 goals ... wouldn't we all?

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom