• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 29/11/06

Rohit

Established Member
Our title aspirations can be put to rest now.What we are playing for is 3rd or 4th place.We cannot take it for granted.Write off Bolton,Portsmouth,Liverpool and Tottenham at your own peril.

It's depressing making predictions so i won't make any.The one thing i am sure of is that if Wenger puts out a 4-5-1 against Zat Knight and co. i will not watch this game and will log on to AM for minute by minute reports of the same.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Hopefullly the players will actually start playing from the start, if they do i can see a comfortable 3-0 win. Though i demand to see a 4-4-2 formation with Rvp and Henry upfront

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we won this comfortably last season. on paper, we have always done well at craven cottage. i don't see why we cant this time. 3-0 win.

awooga83

Established Member
Out of all the teams in the league Fulham are usually one we can impose our type of game on and get a decent result. That said whether this current team can do it i'm not sure we have more then enough ability it just depends what Arsenal turns up top of their game Arsenal in which case we will win easy or all other Arsenals where we may or may not win and will struggle to score despite dominating.

I think with the results we have been getting recently we should win this but i've thought that plenty of times before. What we need to do now is forget about second and first its not relevant to us. We need to look at third and make that our own. By that i mean we should establish ourselves there and give us a good buffer against other teams which shouldn't be beyond us but the way we have been this season you wouldn't think that.

Nemesis

I hope we play 4-4-2 with

Eboue Toure Senderos Gallas/Clichy

Hleb Baptista Gilberto Rosicky

---RvP----------TH14

Thats a very well balanced lineup with 3 goalscoring threats in Henry, RvP, Baptista and 2 playmakers in Hleb and Rosicky. A very good attacking lineup. I think Cesc should be rested as we will be playing Spuds, Porto and Chelsea next.

With that lineup I think we could thrash them as Henry and RvP will have had a weeks worth of rest.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
sabret00the said:
4-4-2 to Fulham would be a joke. but then we played 4-4-2 to the Hammers and we've played 4-4-2 at home :(

i am confused. its that your ssacarsm or was it that you means 4-5-1. :?

sabret00the

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
sabret00the said:
4-4-2 to Fulham would be a joke. but then we played 4-4-2 to the Hammers and we've played 4-4-2 at home :(

i am confused. its that your ssacarsm or was it that you means 4-5-1. :?
it's sarcasm. well it is now, it was originally a mass of typo's.

patrick42uk

Established Member
4-5-1 at home is an attempt to mimic barca's 433 which allows them to use the width of the pitch. with 4-4-2 wenger probably felt we werent taking advantage of the bigger pitch. letting reyes go is something he wouldnt have done had he had his way.

i know what a touchy subject rvp is and i'v avoided saying this till i was sure. walcott makes the formation work better than rvp IMO. rvp is not a winger. he lacks real pace to close the gap between midfield and attack quickly. when he is so far away from goal he isnt as effective.

qs

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
4-5-1 at home is an attempt to mimic barca's 433 which allows them to use the width of the pitch. with 4-4-2 wenger probably felt we werent taking advantage of the bigger pitch. letting reyes go is something he wouldnt have done had he had his way.

i know what a touchy subject rvp is and i'v avoided saying this till i was sure. walcott makes the formation work better than rvp IMO. rvp is not a winger. he lacks real pace to close the gap between midfield and attack quickly. when he is so far away from goal he isnt as effective.

if you replace robin with Theo you remove our only real goal threat apart from Henry though. Theos a great talent but he has barely taken a shot yet. He needs time to settle into the team.

Rohit

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

Arsène has made the same mistake Fergusson made some time back.He changed his formation to a 4-5-1 with Rooney as a winger and they simply couldn't find the net,couldn't win matches they thought they deserved to.

Fergusson realized his mistake soon enough and reverted back to his old 4-4-2 even whilst having midfielders like O'Shea and Fletcher and his sticking to it is reaping rewards right now.Watching the first half of Man Utd - Chelsea it's surprising how the Man Utd midfield of Giggs,Ronaldo,Scholes and Carrick has completely dominated Ballack,Lampard,Essien and Makalele.

As for width all it took was for Wenger to ask Hleb to stick to the line,something he has started to do now and it has nothing to do with the 4-5-1 in my opinion.

Fergusson realized his mistake,i hope Wenger realizes it too.

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

And that's exactly why we shouldn't play 4-5-1...

jgunner84

I think we will win this match.Honestly I will not be over the moon even if we thrash this team by a big margin.Because this is becoming like last season when we thrashed Middlesborough and such teams but we couldn't be consistent.So it is very disappointing IMO.

But still maybe winning this match will change our fortunes and maybe enable us to try for the Champions league place.Sorry for the pessimism. :(

We should use the 4-4-2 formation as Fulham is not an overly physical team.So surely we will be able to cross this hurdle.

stuart

Established Member
if we do not beat fulham comfortably i swear i think ill cry, it is very depressing supportin arsenal at the moment as i cannot see what is wrong with this team!
possibly the 4-5-1 but who knows
the only thing i think we could improve is by buying a clinical striker

illmatik

Established Member
Nemesis said:
I hope we play 4-4-2 with

Eboue Toure Senderos Gallas/Clichy

Hleb Baptista Gilberto Rosicky

---RvP----------TH14

Thats a very well balanced lineup with 3 goalscoring threats in Henry, RvP, Baptista and 2 playmakers in Hleb and Rosicky. A very good attacking lineup. I think Cesc should be rested as we will be playing Spuds, Porto and Chelsea next.

With that lineup I think we could thrash them as Henry and RvP will have had a weeks worth of rest.

i agree, that lineup is perfect...letting cesc get his rest and the beast gettin a piece of the pie...with that formation, we will win comfortably 3-0 at the least

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom