• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 31/03/07

Nutsy

Established Member
Yeah, It's Clearly the battle for 3rd place now? Ha! after that loss at Everton? It's our third visit here at Anfield and we've won twice. one of the memorable record breaking win of Carling Cup 6-3 and the other was 3-1 and 3rd meeting aswell this season altogether. we won all of those games. but now, we may be having problems.

Honestly, despite Pools drew at Villa park and with us pawned with injuries and suspensions. our chances winning this time is slimmer than a piece of hair. Especially if we started like we did at the first half an hour of the Everton game. Merseyside, we're visiting this place too often and aye no like it. ;) . anyway. Is Clichy coming back for this game? Is Ade? how many of our players back for this game? anyway. I'd play with this line up:

-----------------------Lehmann----------------------

-----Eboue-----Toure-----Gallas------Clichy(?)-----

-----Hleb------Cesc-------Gilberto-----Rosicky------

--------------------Ade---------Baptista-----------------

Bench: Almunia, Diaby, Aliadiere,Denilson, Senderos, Hoyte.

Honestly I cant stand to see Gilberto being wasted at CB. I love the guy, but he should be sticking to DM.I hope Clichy's back for this one. The game against Everton was abysmal. If we play against the scousers like we did against Everton then,bye bye 3rd place overall. despite we still have a game in hand. we've been wasting TOO many chances. Too many.

Liverpool would love to seek revenge on us, and even if we drew, won't be the end of the world imo. Draw which means, we're still in 3rd place and keep pools in their place both from the table and at their turf. sigh. the game's about 13 days from now.we should be having better 'rest', but again international breaks. hate these international breaks. ah well..we lost to Everton makes it even more painful coming back to Merseyside.

nazo

Established Member
Meh, 2-0 for us. We always seem to step up the gear against better teams.

If Eboue and Ade are back they HAVE to be included in the team.

Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Gallas-Clichy (i want you back!)
Hleb-Cesc-Gilberto-Rosicky
Ade-MEH

Heh we might actually get a chance to play our best defenders in like 5 years :roll:

Lukazan

Established Member
Will Eboue be back?

I'm actually pretty confident about this one.. we've done well against Liverpool this year, and against the big teams in general.

Goal scoring is a concern though.

Nutsy

Established Member
yeah, he should be back, his last game suspension was cleared for today. so is Ade. Have no idea about Clichy though. but seems he had 1 game suspension, so I'm thinking today served his suspension. but also he seems to be injured. anyone has a clear links on Clichy would be great.

I'm not too confident on this game, but a loss for England in the International break could kill their moral. Goal scoring I'm thinking Ade would do the honours. We created too many chances in the Everton game, but none would be able to finish. Ade shoots his goals, which is a bit of relief to me.

With the exception of Chelsea, yeah, we had pretty good record against big teams but ****e records for the minnow ones. story of our lives.

Philo Bedo

I'm actually glad the break has appeared when it has. Hopefully the players will remember who they are and who they are playing for (and Wenger gets his head out of the clouds).

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
I We created too many chances in the Everton game, but none would be able to finish. Ade shoots his goals, which is a bit of relief to me.

We didn't create much today Ade can be good or sloppy on his day..

Jameel46

Established Member
-------------------- Almunia --------------------

------------ Toure ---------- Gallas -----------
Eboue ---------------------------------- Clichy

-------------------- Gilberto (c) -----------------
----------- Denilson ------- Diaby -------------
---- Fabregas ------------------- Rosicky ----

------------------- Adebayor ---------------------

Lehmann
Hoyte
Flamini
Hleb
Aliadiere

kooldawg

Established Member
With our current rich vein of form, i'm going to place my bets on the pool winning 1-0 from a last minute corner.

Jameel46

Established Member
we should really revert back to 4-5-1, anything to keep baptista and Aliadiere from starting, thank god Ade is back for this one, hopefully his determination will rub off on the other players

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I think we win this, Liverpool are in just as poor form as we are. They havent scored in their last three matches, so we both are having scoring problems. I think we win 1-0, or draw 0-0.

Lukazan

Established Member
I just wanna see a Rosicky, Gilberto, Fabregas and Hleb midfield, with Eboue and Clichy at fullback and Gallas and Toure at CB.

Is that too much to ****ing ask? :(

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom