• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 03/02/07

Nutsy

Established Member
It's our first Premieship games after so long. we've been plagued with numerous injuries, linked with a lot of players during the final moments of the Winter 2007 Transfer Market. Our first premiership game and it's not gonna be an easy one that's for sure. It's Boro away ffs. Liverpool has won over thier game thus ahead of us higher points. they are closer to Chavs so soon than we are.

though us plague with injuries and inconsistency, i can see us actually winning this game. be it as it may, IT IS Boro away. but it's never as bad aas Bolton away. Reebok stadium still scares the crap outta me . :? we have done pretty well amidst of the english cups except for the draw between Sp**s and bolton, we have consistency wins! :D, now, let's get back to the premiership.

Though Baptista will still be out of this one, it is confirmed that it's just light injuries no? I'm not quite sure with Eboue, hope he'll be back for this one though, this is one game we really do need him.

IBL

Established Member
In all honesty if we came away from this game with a draw I wouldnt be too dissappointed. We're going to have quite a few tired players out there, especially the defenders. The onus will be on the midfield and forwards to control the game and kill it off early as possoble. Toure and Senderos have played a number of games in a row now without a breather, I'm worried one of them could receive an injury soon and with the CL returning that would be devestating.

Eboue and Clichy to start. Midfield of Gilberto, Cesc, Rosicky and Walcott. Forwards pick themselve

phenn

We'll win. I can sense it. I think we will put them under some reasonable pressure and capitalize on a mistake to win it. 1-0 or 2-1.

qs

Established Member
Sp**s are better than Boro and we beat them without half the first team

Alfonso

Established Member
qs said:

Unfortunately that means noting, because we have lost to worst teams than Boro this season, Shefield Utd being one of them.

I want revenge for the 2-1 defeat they gave us at the begining of last season. A match in which after i felt we were finished as a top 2 EPL side for near future.

A win against them will show us how far we have come in 18 months.

Yakubu and Stuart Downing are poor man's Berbatov and Lennon, but nontheless we should watch out for them.

I hope Ali starts this game, if he is not too knackered. He deserves it at least. Im not sure how good it would be wise to play Titi in this match, as he ive got a feeling it will be another of those 'wish i wasnt here' games from him. But hopefully after him seeing the 'kids' win tonight it will give him some added motivation i hope.

FrankArsenal

YuenBiaoFan said:
Eboue'll be back I think for the RM spot.

Not liking the look of this game, at, all.

I agree with you about Eboue for the RM spot. I wouldn't know who else to play there. Since everybody is injured or in need of a rest. Even if AW believes Theo did well (he may say so but I''m sure he knows he didn't) he will still rest him because he played 3 games in one week. He could play Flamini there or Diaby in the centre and Cesc to the right... it may sound stupid playing Cesc as a RM. But it be more somewhere between CM-ACM and RM... nothing like a winger... a bit rosicky-like.

go49oner

Established Member
Cant believe that Boro is scaring some of you. this is the club we trashed 7-0 last season (i know it was at home) and we indeed got beaten away, but our last season away record was nothing short of shocking and we only lost because the lack of concentration at the back. not to mention the amount of injuries especially in defence we suffered. However this time around we're much stronger, more experienced , and most importantly our away record is much better then this time last season.

having said that, i don't think it will be easy, am sure Southgate will park double Decker bus in front of goal and will try and catch us on the counter (Doesnt need Einstein to work that one out), in addition they had good result with the big 4 this season. so it certainly wont be easy.

Am going for 1-0 victory to the boys in red and white. Fingers crossed

FrankArsenal

go49oner said:
Cant believe that Boro is scaring some of you. this is the club we trashed 7-0 last season (i know it was at home) and we indeed got beaten away, but our last season away record was nothing short of shocking and we only lost because the lack of concentration at the back. not to mention the amount of injuries especially in defence we suffered. However this time around we're much stronger, more experienced , and most importantly our away record is much better then this time last season.

having said that, i don't think it will be easy, am sure Southgate will park double Decker back in front of goal and will try and catch us on the counter (Doesnt need Einstein to work that one out), in addition they had good result with the big 4 this season. so it certainly wont be easy.

Because of their double decker we really need a moment of magic from Henry. But like above I think he's up for the game. He'll want to prove his the best and righlty so left out of the semi final yesteday... otherwise I hope Cesc and Rosicky are fit they need to find gaps between Borro's to lines...

Jkreffer

Established Member
Does anybody know if this game is on sky at all?

As for Henry's record I can recall about 4 goals at the riverside?

kamikaze80

Established Member
the onus will be on our defence not to concede a silly goal because boro will defiinitely be parked in front of their goal, looking to counterattack and capitalize on a set-piece.

given their lack of talent and negativity, anything less than a clean sheet is failure. unless we go up 3-0 or something and take the foot off the pedal.

kanooo

go49oner said:

having said that, i don't think it will be easy, am sure Southgate will park double Decker back in front of goal and will try and catch us on the counter (Doesnt need Einstein to work that one out), in addition they had good result with the big 4 this season. so it certainly wont be easy.

Because they've trashed mighty Bolton 4:1 at the Riverside not so long ago! :)

Actually, I think we can win. Apart from the FA Cup game against Bolton (where we didn't play until they scored first IMO), we are doing quite alright.

But Boro are sometimes an unpredictable side. They'd lose to teams at the bottom but the very next game, they'd be beating the likes of Chelski and Man U, 3:0.

Nutsy

Established Member
uh 5:1 mate. they thrashed Bolton 5:1! it worries me still last time we met Bolton we got 1:1. does that justifies the fact we are gonna lose to Boro, just because Boro crapped Bolton for 5 score line? i doubt that seriosuly though. i know we can win this game. the Vital three points are needed since 2nd place is up for grabs now. Liverpool on form which worries the heck outta me and we're meeting em 31st march with Momo coming back.

Chelsea is seriously in dire need of Defenders when their back 4 are completely crashed down.by the end of the season. i cant see Chavs finishing 4th place. less i'm being too naive. I'd settle for 3rd place; but for 2nd place is just too good to waste.

Gonna be a tight game from this moment on. 2-1 more likely. 1-0 would be more than enough just as long we are winning.

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
qs said:

Unfortunately that means noting, because we have lost to worst teams than Boro this season, Shefield Utd being one of them.

I want revenge for the 2-1 defeat they gave us at the begining of last season. A match in which after i felt we were finished as a top 2 EPL side for near future.

A win against them will show us how far we have come in 18 months.

Yakubu and Stuart Downing are poor man's Berbatov and Lennon, but nontheless we should watch out for them.

I hope Ali starts this game, if he is not too knackered. He deserves it at least. Im not sure how good it would be wise to play Titi in this match, as he ive got a feeling it will be another of those 'wish i wasnt here' games from him. But hopefully after him seeing the 'kids' win tonight it will give him some added motivation i hope.

Downings a poor Lennon alright but Yakubu is much better than Berbatov.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom