• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 10/12/05

KingReyes

Established Member
Players like Pires, Freddie, Gilberto, Sol, Kolo and Bergkamp need to wake their arses up when called upon. Our midfield has been piss poor and our defending in these last few games has been a shambles. I also feel Henry will show he's capabilities if these players are at their best especially the first three. I feel he's not getting enough support from these players, our only two chances at Bolton were both setup and created by him.

Jens
Eboue Sol Kolo Lauren
Freddie Gilberto Cesc Pires
RVP Henry

I see it finishing as a draw.

Double_H

Established Member
i think you are being Harsh on Kolo he is playing well

i think we gave all the players there a chance
it should be
Jens
Eboue KOLO Phill Lauren
Pires Gilberto Cesc Reyes
RVP Henrry

COME ON gunners WIN this GAME

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I also see this ending as low scoring draw. We never seem to do too well at St James Park do we ? I was very impressed with their work rate and commitment when they came over to highbury and imo they could count themselves unlucky to have lost that game.

What's most worrying for me is that our only 2 realistic goal scoring threats are henry and rvp. If those 2 are off form then it just does not look like we are capable of scoring. Perhaps if sol gets his act together and we manage to get a clean sheet then we might just edge it 1-0.

KingReyes

Established Member
pha2er said:
no hleb in your line-up?

It was a toughie mate but since he's only come back from a 2 month lay off I just thought he'd come off the bench and be brought back slowly.

Rohit

Established Member
The line - up I d go with

Eboue/Lauren--------Senderos-------Campbell--------Toure/Lauren

Ljungberg------------Flamini----------Cesc-------------Hleb

--------------RVP--------------Henry----------------

Kolo has doen well but he simply can't win a header.Newcastle will play a very direct game by hitting the ball upto Shearer and/or Ameobi to flick it on.Our defensive frailties are largely because we can't win those balls hit up the field.

The opposition stikers control and hold it which gives a time for the midfield to come up,they then go wide and cross another thing we can't defend.

Senderos is very good in the air and apparently did not loose a header last night.Sol is very good in the air too and he ll appear a much better defender for sure if LB is not Cygan.

2-0 to the Gunners !!!!!
Henry,RVP 8)

Mark

Established Member
Right, well after the Bolton game which I felt was important enough, this one is now really crucial. Now is the time for the players to step up and show what they can do. Anything but a win just isn't an option.

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Campbell Lauren

Freddie Gilberto Fabregas Hleb

V.Persie Henry

Unsure between Pires and Freddie but I've gone for Freddie because of his work rate, and the fact that it means we can play Hleb on the left where I feel he is more effective. I didn't see the game last night but I hope Eboue and Lauren did enough to get Cygan out of the team. I will weep if I see him in the starting lineup again.

Newcastle are rubbish. I have quite a good feeling we'll nick it. 2-1 to The Arsenal. Henry and Hleb.

marco

We might win this won as im not going!
thus far this season i have been to 6 away matches!
Guess which won i missed?

Wigan due to me being in the states!
and cant make saturday due to a uni reunion that night, bit gutted cos its normally quite good atmosphere in the away end at St James.

Last season didnt go to west brom away or blackburn away in 2005! and we won, went to all the others! and saw us win 3 times!Thats 3 times in the whole 0f 2005 that i have seen us win!
think im a bad luck charm!

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann
Eboue Toure Senderos Lauren
Pires* Cesc Gilberto Hleb
RVP Henry

Bench: Almunia, Campbell, Flamini, Ljungberg, Quincy (who i'd like to get 30 minutes from Pires to show if he's gonna make it or not).

hujja

Established Member
Agree with Rohit's game plan. Looks about right.

Still it's all for a lost cause. There's a 98% Cygan's bald head will be gleaming in the sunshine down in left back.

Lukazan

Established Member
Going in to this game you feel we should win simply for the fact that Newcastle's two CBs are even worse than Pascal Cygan. But no, Newcastle have the annoying habit of playing shocking football against EVERYONE but us.. or is that more of a reflection on our style of play rather than their's? Probably.

Can't see Newcastle winning but I'd be surprised if we won tbh...

My line up..

___________________Lehmann

Toure__________Campbell____Senderos__________Lauren

Freddy_________Fabregas_____Gilberto____________Hleb

_____________RVP_____________Henry

Like I said, RVP and Henry should have a field day against Boumsong and Bramble... but no doubt those two clowns will play like demons on the day.. :roll:

Gooner_Girl

I think we'll win as long as cygan ain't playing. I think 2-0 to us that's if owen ain't playing or i reckon 2-1. Henry and RVP the scorers :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Given Newcastle's home performances against us of late, our away form and the fact that Michael Owen may be back for them, I'd be happy with a point to be honest.

A

Anonymous

After the Bolton game, I'm no longer going to ever predict an Arsenal win.

They can prove me wrong, or show that I'm psychic.

Newcastle 2-1 Arsenal.

My wished team

Lehmann

Lauren Campbell Senderos Eboue

Toure

Quincy Fabregas Hleb

RVP TH

Expected team

Lauren Campbell Toure Cygan

Freddie Cesc Gilberto Pires

Bergkamp Henry

Newcastle have no Dyer, Owen and the rest probably wont be fit.

Viper

Established Member
I would like this team:

...............Lehmann

Eboue ..Toure ..Campbell Lauren

Ljungberg Fabregas Gilberto Hleb

............RVP ...Henry

But Cygan will probably start the game at left-back.

A

Anonymous

At Bolton we were really crap.

the Ajax game had a inexperienced team. Henry not motivated at all.

Newcastle game will be tough just like the Bolton game

if cygan plays, then I expect a loss, otherwise if any other player a draw, maybe 1-1

however I am not optimist with this game. i look at past games and results. I believe we only beat castle once 3 yrs ago in the last 5-6 games 2-1. when given made that amazing headed save and bergie's goal.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Draw at best. I just don't see us doing anything at Newcastle, plus those guys desperately need a win or Souness will be fired.

Maybe another loss will wake Wenger up for the transfer window

Wenger14

Established Member
Team:

Lehman
Eboue Toure Cambell Lauren
Freddie Gilberto Cesc Pires
RVP Henry

Subs: Almunia, Senderos, Flamini, Hleb, Bergkamp

Prediction: 1-0, RVP to score.

Won't be an easy game, still expect a win. We do have a goal threat and Newcastles defence isn't the best around is it? Feel that'll be the difference between a draw and a win.

It's on Premplus isn't it?

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom