• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 19/12/04

sabret00the

Established Member
the beleif was there today but they forget their ability at it's expense.

Clichy isn't as good as i thought based on last night, Ash looked ten times the player he was but they linked up well, just not well enough Clichy provided to be that attacking flair we needed.

Pires was ****e, our worst player out there imo

The midfield was invisible and we missed Cesc their was no real creativity we approached them like a bull dover just trying to through rather than over/under/around.

The defence backwards were phonominal i couldn't ask for me, but midfield upwards what was the point.

Glad to see the beleif was there though.

James

Established Member
Not a great performance, but it's the sort of result that wins titles and when was the last time we got a scrappy result like this. Flamini MOTM in my opinion.

Another note, atmosphere was poor yesterday. Few of us singing to the left of the goal...although i think everyone was bloody cold. The banter with the Pompey fans leaving at the end was indeed a laugh :lol:

pamilih

It is proven. We have no creativity without Cesc. Viera is no longer creative. His movements are easily read by opponents.

Jinn

Established Member
Vieira was never creative. Our creativity never came from the middle. It was always Pires, Henry and Cole on the left.

Vieira is a defensive midfielder.

Adam

Established Member
Vieira is our prime ball retainer in midfield, and i suppose with that comes some creativity. That is not to say he is the creator. But alongside Gilberto his emphasis is more possesion and offensive orientated - emphasized by his drop in work rate on prozone, and the drop in defensive statistics. Gilberto's rise to dominate defensive statistics is interesting considering that he only made 50 percent of Vieira's in his first season.

lee1001

Established Member
JUst saw the highlights on Arsenal Plus and i've noticed something..

Is it me or does Andy Gray continously blame an opposition player when we score. This time it was Primus's fault for not getting in the way of Sol's 75mph shot.

75MPH!!! Has Gray every played the game? You would of thought not.

I remember against Boro when we won 5-3, Gray pretty much blamed Reizeger for two of our goals, the equaliser from Pires, and the Reyes effort.

Heaven forbid an Arsenal player score a goal out of skill!!

Mark

Established Member
It's very typical of Gray to over analyse everything. He does, to be fair, make some good points. Remember he does praise us a lot as well. I think he's great, personally.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom