• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | 30/12/06

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Really , we were NOT outmuscled . They did not threaten our goal , we had enough possesion. Unfortunately we could not excute our game and believe me there was time and space to do it. Combination of a ****e pitch and some of the worst performances from some of the boys and we conceded a ridiculous goal . We still had chances to score , even early in the 2nd half where RVP had a good chance but refused to use his right foot . We also showed a lack of commonsense bu not peppering the goal as soon as their goalkeeper went off. Seriously when the goalkeeper went off , we should have equalised. There should have been shots and people running to finish off any rebound or mistakes the goal keeper made.

vanderguy

celestis said:
Really , we were NOT outmuscled . They did not threaten our goal , we had enough possesion. Unfortunately we could not excute our game and believe me there was time and space to do it. Combination of a s***e pitch and some of the worst performances from some of the boys and we conceded a ridiculous goal . We still had chances to score , even early in the 2nd half where RVP had a good chance but refused to use his right foot . We also showed a lack of commonsense bu not peppering the goal as soon as their goalkeeper went off. Seriously when the goalkeeper went off , we should have equalised. There should have been shots and people running to finish off any rebound or mistakes the goal keeper made.

The best post i have seen in a while, thanks.

sesquioxide

celestis said:
Really , we were NOT outmuscled . They did not threaten our goal , we had enough possesion. Unfortunately we could not excute our game and believe me there was time and space to do it. Combination of a s***e pitch and some of the worst performances from some of the boys and we conceded a ridiculous goal . We still had chances to score , even early in the 2nd half where RVP had a good chance but refused to use his right foot . We also showed a lack of commonsense bu not peppering the goal as soon as their goalkeeper went off. Seriously when the goalkeeper went off , we should have equalised. There should have been shots and people running to finish off any rebound or mistakes the goal keeper made.

I agree as well, Celestis, although I would give more weight to the fact that the pitch was so bad. Our technical advantage would never have came into play, as it seems impossible to direct a ball to roll at constant speed in a constant direction at any distance on that surface. I highly doubt our team ever trained for a game in those conditions, where precision is literally impossible.

Maybe we need a plan B, specifically for a surface like that. Perhaps Wenger should invest some money in buying some low quality pitch, then drive a tractor repeatedly over it, and then make the players train on it as they get showered by water hoses. It isn't the first time we had been dealt with these sort of pitches (e.g. CSKA away) so we might as well learn how to deal with it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

sesquioxide said:
celestis said:

I agree as well, Celestis, although I would give more weight to the fact that the pitch was so bad. Our technical advantage would never have came into play, as it seems impossible to direct a ball to roll at constant speed in a constant direction at any distance on that surface. I highly doubt our team ever trained for a game in those conditions, where precision is literally impossible.

Maybe we need a plan B, specifically for a surface like that. Perhaps Wenger should invest some money in buying some low quality pitch, then drive a tractor repeatedly over it, and then make the players train on it as they get showered by water hoses. It isn't the first time we had been dealt with these sort of pitches (e.g. CSKA away) so we might as well learn how to deal with it.

Plan B in that sort of pitch could be playing on that sort of crap
in training before going up there. That way the boys don't take a half to adjust and were at the races from the first minute.

vin de guerre

Shadow Moses said:
oh no he didn't..

Jags hits out at Arsenal 'babies'

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... l+'babies'

"That's what happens when you have a lot of foreign players who don't like the nitty gritty of the Premiership."

EEE BYY Gum theres nowt like a bit o yorkshur grit up y nose!

There is a direct genetic link between Neanderthal man and the traditional English "True Grit" Footballer. God save English football and the Premiership if these apes get their way. You might as well play ally oop football on a mud pit with no holds barred.
There is nothing like an underdog winning to bring out the best of the zenophobic underachievers!

KingReyes

Established Member
Doesn't surprise me how we react to a defeat, just look at how we reacted to our defeat at West Ham.

KingReyes

Established Member
Cesc really needs to grow the **** up, he already has a reputation with opposition fans regarding his character. Not like I give a **** nor will Cesc I think.

The point is that there is a time where you have to put your hands up and accept a loss. Something we don't seem to do well at all.

henry79

KingReyes said:
Cesc really needs to grow the f**k up, he already has a reputation with opposition fans regarding his character. Not like I give a s**t nor will Cesc I think.

The point is that there is a time where you have to put your hands up and accept a loss. Something we don't seem to do well at all.

Cesc is an arrogant player .He is a fine player but he needs to deal with it when we lose, he taunts players when we win so if he can dish it out he surly must take it aswell. maybe he needs to learn a few things from Henry .

Lukazan

Established Member
Erm, no.

While Cesc needs to tone down certain things, I like some of his firey character. Have him taking advice from Henry and he'll be blowing the cocks of opposition players in the tunnel before games...

stuart

Established Member
I dont mind Cesc, he doesn't like to lose! Surely thats a good thing. As Lukazan says we don't want him turning into the apparent Princess that is Thierry, sucking up to everyone but not delivering on the pitch.

stiiphunn

Established Member
To be honest, I don't care if Cesc doesn't know how to deal with a loss. I like his character- he hates defeat and he is right.

You could argue that he's a spoilt brat, but again I don't care. He wants Arsenal to win, and I do too- what's wrong with that?
When I play football, I hate losing, and that's what motivates from start to finish. If all of our players could be like Cesc we'd be a lot better.

Oh and I couldn't care lessthat oppositions fans don't like our players. It's none of our business.

famous no 10

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Cesc really needs to grow the f**k up, he already has a reputation with opposition fans regarding his character. Not like I give a s**t nor will Cesc I think.

F**k that.

I love the fact that it hurts like hell that Cesc can't take a loss..."show me a bad loser, and I'll show you a winner"...or something like that. We need more of that, not less.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

LuKaZaN said:
Erm, no.

While Cesc needs to tone down certain things, I like some of his firey character. Have him taking advice from Henry and he'll be blowing the cocks of opposition players in the tunnel before games...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fact is , RVP was punched , kicked etc. Why the **** should he shake hands? so he looks like a total *****? and Cesc look like he stood up for his mate in the incident , which shows loyalty.

Don't be fooled by **** they are spouting in the papers , just playing games.

M+D

Established Member
Rocafella said:
I wanna see more of Denilson. Played a great ball through to Baptista when he came on which another of our strikers would of done a lot better with, got a shot off at least. I'm sure he would offer more than Flamini offers us atm, the guy is Brazil U-19 captain so he's definately got quality.

In fact, although he wasn't on for long, he looked like he was less of a wimp than his countryman Baptista. And an interesting thing for me is that once again he showed that his talents lie in being both attacking and defending, a box to box type midfielder.
Does anyone know who's back for the Charlton game, if any?
If the answer is no-one I would play Baptista as far away from the wing as possible :) , and put Denilon in the middle and drop Ali.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom