• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Stoke City vs Arsenal | 01/11/2008

GaelForce22

Established Member
30ae7ir.png
V
images

3pm kick off at Stoke who beat Sunderland in their last game which has moved them up to 15th. Their main threat is the long throw from Rory Delap, which no-one in the league seems to be able to deal with yet. Because of this, I think we should start with Fabianski. Almunia's confidence is no doubt going to be shot after the Sp**s game and Fabianski looks better at claiming high balls anyway.

We need to win this one, no question about it. The only way we're going to win the league is if we go on a winning run (including the matches against Man Utd and Chelsea) but then that's been said after the Hull and Fulham matches too. It looks like Gallas and maybe Eboue are going to be out along with the usual suspects, so I can see Arsène putting out a team like this:
---------Almunia

Sagna---Toure---Silvestre---Clichy

Walcott--Fabregas--Song/Denilson--Nasri/Diaby

---------Van Persie---Ade

Galahad

Re: Stoke City V Arsenal Premiership 1/11/2008

Away from home to a relegation side? I can see os losing 1-0...ESPECIALLY considering our current form. But I might be wrong and we show a "response", playing well for one game so we have an excuse if we play on badly from there.

goonerwarsh

Established Member

We know we can't defend so we should just go all out attack, this team reminds me of Keegans Newcastle actually.

We can at least show a bit of pride and start winning these type of games even if we don't challenge for the title

dutchMasta

I think we'll win this one. This is the last of the "easy" games run we've got from the start of the season. After, we've got some pretty tough games, if we go into them after a disappointing Stoke result, it's going to be a nightmare.

I'll go for the same line-up except Denilson off for Song. Don't like picking either, but Song's the better defensively. If Gallas is out, then Toure in his place. Cesc needs to step up, as does Ade, Nasri needs to be more risky, he's got the ability and Walcott needs to sharpen up his decision making. When these players are on form, we can show some crazy attacking, let's ****ing do it.

the dawn raids

Established Member

well probably win; we always respond after playing ****.

then we lose that motivation, and any form of spark to our play, and we go back to where we started.

j'nuh

We'll see Diaby, Bendtner and Song i suspect due to Stokes strength in the air.

asajoseph

Established Member

I don't care about this game at all.

We need a solid win, and anything less will be poor, but honestly, in terms of our season, what we do is irrelevant.

What counts now is what we do in the sequence of games between Manchester Utd and Chelsea - we're playing 4 strong teams, all of whom could be our rivals this season, in one form or another. 8 points is a minimum from that sequence now, I think, and 10 would be an excellent achievement.

This is where I'm focussed now. If we can't beat Stoke, we might as well give up and go home now, but if we do win, we haven't even begun the challnege.

James

Established Member

Agree with asa a little bit here. The next game for me doesn't come this weekend, but the weekend after.

Of course, i'm still hoping for a victory, but this match doesn't mean a great deal in the whole context of things.

stuart

Established Member

Step up Rory Delap.

Who gives a ****. Give Stoke the points and put us out of our misery. Nothing we do will make me feel better. We put 5 past them and we'll just be waiting for the next blip while some get stupidly excited again. We nick a 1-0 win and we'll be pissed cos we didn't hammer them. We get beat and...well, we've got beat again

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Will probably concede a few, don't know whether we will win

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Gallas set to miss Stoke

... and Eboue is doubtful, but he wouldn't have played anyway.

Apparently, it's a "little recurrence" of the hamstring that kept Gallas out last time. While I like the fact that Touré is most likely gonna be back against Stoke it was Silvestre who should have gone, not Gallas who I think have been playing very good in the last two games.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

This will either be us being undone by set pieces and losing, or us simply being to good and putting 6 or 7 past them.

awooga83

Established Member

This game is all about the win the team must and if they achieve it there is no real slapping if backs its what they should be able to do, not because we are so mighty and Stoke should roll over but we should be able to put the effort in and get the result, and then onto the next week, how long since we strung some victories together this season.

xcdude24

Established Member

Wouldn't be surprised if we won this 4-0 or something, only to lose our next four games. Seriously, i'm too bitter from yesterday to be bothered.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Gallas set to miss Stoke

... and Eboue is doubtful, but he wouldn't have played anyway.

Apparently, it's a "little recurrence" of the hamstring that kept Gallas out last time. While I like the fact that Touré is most likely gonna be back against Stoke it was Silvestre who should have gone, not Gallas who I think have been playing very good in the last two games.

Silvestre should keep his place, for simple reason he is the only one that can head the ****ing ball.

IBL

Established Member

I want a reaction of epic proportions, that doesnt mean that I want us to win by a silly margin but show some humilty and respect towards the club and fans they let down so badly yesterday.

In a way I'm glad Toure could be back, if as captain then even better. He's one player who certainly dishes a bit out to players if they get out of line, something that was lacking yesterday with our players going into cruise mode at 4-2 up.

We should never be behind the leaders by the amount we are right now, we are our own worst enemy

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

This game can't come quick enough for me. The line-up post-Sp**s and away from home will be very interesting. I wonder if there will be a Vela-sighting this time.

General

Established Member

Should be interesting to see the midfield we put out. Stoke are a big physical side.

nazo

Established Member

If we don't rip them apart and win this match i will give up on this team.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom