• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea vs. Arsenal | Sunday 9th November | 16:00 | SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast

Established Member
It's almost time for the team to redeem itself after the dissapointing CL performance. I'm really not sure what to expect here. The Anderlecht result will probably either have the team all fired up or we'll be fearing a repeat and have a nervy game.

Expected lineup:

----------- Szczesny
Chambers - Per - Monreal - Gibbs
Ox -- Ramsey - Flamini - Cazorla
--------Alexis - Welbeck

or

----------- Szczesny
Chambers - Per - Monreal - Gibbs
-----------Flamini
Ox -- Ramsey - Alexis - Cazorla
-------------Welbeck

Maybe Wenger will drop Ramsey (or Cazorla?) for Wilshere if the latter is fit for this game. I'm hoping to see Wally get 30 minutes or so.

Can't see us keep a clean sheet in this one (Bony vs. Monreal :bash) so... 1-2 to the Arsenal. Alexis to score both for us.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Re: PL: Swansea vs. Arsenal | Sunday 9th November | 16:00 |

I'd play Ramsey.

He should be up for this as he's a Cardiff boy - hates Swansea.

Szczesny
Bellerin Mertesacker Chambers Gibbs
Flamini Ramsey
Sanchez Wilshere Chamberlain
Welbeck

Walcott to come from the bench.

Iceman10

Established Member

For midfield and further up the pitch would consider:

-----Flamini--Ramsey-----
Ox----Sanchez-----Cazorla
--------Welbeck----------

If Theo is fit and can start I would play him instead of Cazorla, probably Ox on the left and Theo on the right. Even though Cazorla is a playmaker to help with holding the ball up the pitch and helping with creativity he isn't offering up much right now. Plonking in Campbell or Podolski for Cazorla is unpredictable because they haven't really been given any chances, for whatever reason. In the end we may have to persevere with Cazorla for now.

Anyway, the above allows Sanchez to be the central figure that can enable a hybrid 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-2-2, as long as Ramsey stays back as a DLP and gets more involved with some of the dirty work in helping out Flamini, a bit like how Flamteta was used against Burnley. A hybrid 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-2-2 is useful in providing added fire-power as insurance for Welbeck who is a little inconsistent right now.

Fitness of Wilshere is a doubt right now, I suppose he can be considered alternative to Ramsey although if he is fit no doubt both of them will be played by AW, and then it will be the 4-1-4-1 again.

FinnGooner

Established Member

I'd shake up the squad a bit. Definitely would drop Cazorla and maybe Ramsey as well. I'd go with:

------------Szcsz--------------

Bellerin--Mert--Chambers--Gibbo

------Flamini---Wilshere-------

------------Ramsey--------------

Theo--------Welbz-------Sanchez

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Monreal has out performed per these past few games tbh. I think a nervy draw or loss.

FinnGooner said:
I'd shake up the squad a bit. Definitely would drop Cazorla and maybe Ramsey as well. I'd go with:

------------Szcsz--------------

Bellerin--Mert--Chambers--Gibbo

------Flamini---Wilshere-------

------------Ramsey--------------

Theo--------Welbz-------Sanchez

Ditto. It's a ****ing travesty that Flamini is pretty much one of the first names on the team sheet now.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member

This will be a test of character for the team. Swansea away is a difficult fixture, especially after the result against Anderlecht. It's imperative we get a positive result leading up to the United match.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cannot believe we have a squad of key players that has been rarely rested for these next two games. Appalling. This will be a hard game Swansea will dominate possession our defence is in disarray with any confidence zapped after Tuesdays ineptitude. Ramsey is off form Arteta is injured Wilshere us recovering from an illness and Flamini is due to start. We are going into this game in bad shape in search of a victory and performance. Optimism slowly draining I expect a sneaky victory.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

As much i like us to win this game but with the defense we having i can't see it and Swansea are decent team. we will be forced to play Flamini who is s**t and Ramsey who is off form in midfield if Wilshere still out for this game. i want Bellerin start this game as right back and Chambers as central defender. If Walcott is 100% fit he should start this game Cazorla set on the bench and Sanchez play behind welbeck.

Scezncey

Bellerin Chambers Mertesacker Gibbs

Flamini Wilshere/Ramsey

Walcott Sanchez Ox

Welbeck

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I dont think Walcott will be started so I'm playing Campbell, even though I know Wenger wont. Cazorla & Ramsey must be dropped, the latter depends on Wilshere being fit.

Szczesny

Bellerin Chambers Mert Gibbs

Flamini Wilshere/Ramsey

Campbell Sanchez Ox

Welbeck

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

FWIW here is Per talking about how we will bounce back!

"We will bounce back quickly, we are really good at that (yes because you disappoint us so often). We have shown that a couple of times. That was a good warning on Wednesday (what was good about it?) that everyone should raise their game and give maybe 10 per cent more when it's really needed. (Well Per if you have 10% more to give, try using it every fu**ing game!)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141105/per-we-ll-respond-to-this-warning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... is-warning</a>

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

We'll lose or draw. No way we're winning. Nothing positive I hear coming out of Arsenal registers either. It's just a gentle hum in the background. Seen it and heard it all before. We all know they'll absolutely **** themselves, draw or lose, before Wenger comes out and says we were very low on confidence and also fatigued.

Because we ARE fatigued already, aren't we? He said so after the debacle on Tuesady. So that's already terminal, and we're just out of October. Unless we have another preseason planned for xmas.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Any normal team subs off Sanchez at HT or 60 minutes, sees the game out 3-0 or 3-1 at worst, and looks to THIS game.

But no. We run the only player worth his salt into the ground for 94 minutes, blow a 3-0 lead and go up to Wales with our tails between out legs.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

The Jury said:
Any normal team subs off Sanchez at HT or 60 minutes, sees the game out 3-0 or 3-1 at worst, and looks to THIS game.

But no. We run the only player worth his salt into the ground for 94 minutes, blow a 3-0 lead and go up to Wales with our tails between out legs.

Yep, the draw midweek has hit me harder than most losses. Clueless, a 30 min shambles masterclass!

error_prone

tap-in said:
FWIW here is Per talking about how we will bounce back!

"We will bounce back quickly, we are really good at that (yes because you disappoint us so often). We have shown that a couple of times. That was a good warning on Wednesday (what was good about it?) that everyone should raise their game and give maybe 10 per cent more when it's really needed. (Well Per if you have 10% more to give, try using it every fu**ing game!)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141105/per-we-ll-respond-to-this-warning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... is-warning</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Listening to their comments is even worse than watching them play, the bouncing back cr*ap again. The next best thing is "showing strong mentality" when they f*ck up in the first half and Koscienly bail us out in 90 min with some sh*t goal from corner (that was the case last year).

GDeep™

League is very weak

I don't think you can win away in this league, to decent opposition, when your spine is Monreal, Flamini and an atm poor Welbeck.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Can we please get Monreal out of the centreback position please. Chambers looked decent there. He looks woeful at right back. I'd rather play Bellerin Mertesacker Chambers Gibbs. We'd have to sit the defence deeper as they're both slow but that probably isn't a bad thing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

He wont change anything. Who else reaches for their jacket pocket, can't find it, but digs another 20 times in the exact same spot expecting one to appear? :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I hope we win!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

DanDare said:
Can we please get Monreal out of the centreback position please. Chambers looked decent there. He looks woeful at right back. I'd rather play Bellerin Mertesacker Chambers Gibbs. We'd have to sit the defence deeper as they're both slow but that probably isn't a bad thing.

Chambers. Slow.

UWotM8

Mertesacker I'll give you.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Monreal will continue at the back to regain some confidence. Flamini and Ramsey will be starting in midfield.....that alone is enough to expect a tough game.

I'll lose the plot if I witness another abject defending performance again, but I somehow feel we will "bounce back" and win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom