• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham v Arsenal | 08/02/09, 13:30 | Sky Sports

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
Asterix said:
Only saw the last 30 minutes but I actually felt reinforced about supporting Arsenal. Wenger has instilled a culture of going for the win. It isn't quite working for us right now, but we don't settle for draws. We play football to win, and win playing football. We played better than Sp**s, and we could have won it several times. To be fair so could they, but I love the ethos Wenger has created.

I can't say I agree Asterix. This naive attacking ethos almost cost us today, Sp**s could have won it at the end too, and it did in fact cost us at the Emirates against them, Wenger has set up this side to attack not defend- no team can win the title if they can't hold on to a lead. We've been looking at this same rubbish style of play for two years and we aren't getting any better- I'm sick of it already.

And also could have nicked it if Cudicini hadnt saved from Nik. If we sat back and just tried to defend, with the way we play, we could well have lost the game. Despite all their possession Biggus Sp**s only had what? 2 opportunities to score? Against a different team our attacking ethos might have cost us but yesterday it didnt.

Just dont understand why it takes a calamity to get some of the players actually contributing. Song was a monster after Eboue got sent off, Denilson may have offered little going forward but he covered alot of ground, tracked back and made a nuisance of himself. But prior to Eboue got sent off, both were woeful.

As for our defending - it has certainly improved over past month. Not enough but a better sign for times ahead. I'm not overjoyed and over enthuased about how we play but neither is it as terrible yesterday as people believe

Enfield

Established Member
Considering how many players are unavailable for the next while it must be time for Vela to get a run of games. Depending on how and when he fits in Arshavin and Eduardo veka could play up front instead of Ade or on the left with Nasri going to the right. I was disappointed he didn't get a game yesterday but Bendtner did well and worked hard. I think its time Bendtner, Ramsey and Vela started to pull some weight against the likes of Sunderland. Overall yesterday was probably a point gained rather that 2 lost but thats not going to get us into fourth.

AFCFan4Ever

After watching the game, can't believe Eboue's petulance. To get sent off in such an important game for dissent and then stupidly lashing out at Modric is beyond ridiculous.

I was fearful that it was coming after his yellow...thought Wenger might have the sense to take him off but he didn't.

Bendtner did well in coming on, he looked way more dangerous and competent than Adebayor who looked uninspired and downright lazy.

Toure looked lost almost the entire game, sometimes it's just pure comedy to watch him...why we didn't flog him to Citeh I'll never know.

Just wish Arshavin was fit, the game was screaming for someone like him to come on.

thegame24

Established Member
When that ref was strutting at half time it really, really pissed me off. Trying to act like a big man when yet hes balding, weedy and has a belly. ****.

Zico

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Oh and i love how ades called lazy yet pulled his hamstring because he was doing something very un lazy.

:) I thought I was the only one puzzled by that.

Feanor

Established Member
I've never been more angry and frustrated with Wenger than I am right now. That's all I'll say.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
SP*rs played like shyte and we didn't play any better. But Sp*rs looked more threatening and had more pops at Almunia.

I don't understand why Song started. Against Sp*rs our midfield should be equipped with more mobility and pace. Song doesn't offer that in that position. To be fair to Song, he started doing well from 60th min onward, but he was poor before that. As for Denilson, don't get me started. This is the first time I watched live telly broadcasting on Arsenal's league game instead of laggin dodgy online streaming. As a real-time witness, I was really baffled by most of Denilson's defending decisions.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

marco said:
To be honest i thought Sp**s were there for the taking,, we nearly nicked it at the end but so did they..

gallas and song were fantastic...- dont even want to talk about eboue..hope he gets booed to f**k next time at the emirates.. he was actually playing well upto that point..
bet mike dean wont book rooney next time for dissent though!
!
anyhow- atomshphere woeful.. never heard the lane so quiet in my life... they must realise how s**t they really are..

our end was good esepcially when arshavin and edy came out..

but the police! what scumbags.... drinkign otuside the 12 pins before the game...and at around 12.15 the police surround the place and dont let us out..cause they want to frog march us to the ground...
thankfully at finsbury park me and a few mates managed to go down the other set of stairs onto the platform..and get on a train sharpish...
the rest of my mates though got stuck in the group... and ended up in the ground 20 minutes late..
20 f****g minutes of a NLD missed cause police have to walk us!
treatment of football supporters is a f****g joke

You're completely right about the atmosphere, i was sat in with the spuds yesterday, near the corner by our boys and they were seriously depressed and annoyed by their inability to break us down with 10 men, especially their woeful distribution - they kept passing to empty space where Eboue would have been standing if he was still on the pitch but without checking whether one of their own ****ing players was actually there!

They have no belief in themselves and seem embarrased, their saving grace being that there are at least three teams (probably five) that are obviously worse than them.

Biggus

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
Can someone please tell me why on Earth Wenger recommended that Palacios guy to other clubs instead of signing him himself?

He probably wanted money to play- instead of the chance to learn the beautiful game under Wenger.

hackajack

Established Member
He came as a fullback and we had good cover there (Sagna, Eboue, Hoyte) as we did at DM (Flamini, Diarra, Gilberto). He would be useful this season but he's not really the quality you need to win the league.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom