• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham United vs Arsenal | 26/10/08

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Arai said:
images
v
images

Performances

West Ham
Current Position : 8th
Last 5 matches : L-W-W-L-L

Arsenal
Current Position : 4th
Last 5 matches : W-W-L-D-W

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/page/FixturesResults/0,,12306,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/page/Fixtu ... 06,00.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw in Arsenal-Mania website, the game should be played on Saturday but I did recheck and compare with PL Official Web.It will be played at the date as mentioned above.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: EPL: West Ham v Arsenal| 26 Oct. 2008 16:00

There is talk that both Sagna and Gallas will be back for this one, but I've not seen anything official yet. Regardless I think that Djourou must get a run in the centre of defence with Song making way.

As for the outfielders, I'm guessing RvP will come back in with Diaby going to the bench. Unless we think Wenger is willing to play Cesc and Diaby together.

Alfonso

Established Member

Got a feeling RvP, who got the winner at Upton Park last year, is going to run wild in this game. Dont forget it was two seasons ago that some **** in the West Ham stand threw a coin at him (allegedly). Also, how many times did he hit the post against them when they beat us 3-2 at Highbury in 2006? Certainly no love loss there.

Will be tough, as West Ham away always is, but we must at least start equalling last seasons results if we want to be anywhere near the title come May. Im sure Bellamy will wreck havoc amongst our back four, he is the danger man to watch out for the Irons. Having Gallas back would be a big boost because he knows what it is like to go there and win and his experience will be vital, hopefully he will have a point to prove after his recent poor form.

Denilson also needs to get his finger out, the next three league games could give us the biggest indication if he's ready for the fight at this level.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
As for the outfielders, I'm guessing RvP will come back in with Diaby going to the bench. Unless we think Wenger is willing to play Cesc and Diaby together.
I think that's exactly what he's planning to do. He's big and his tackles are clumsy, but with that kind of challenges comes a certain amount of respect as well. Obviously they're gonna try and wind Fabregas up, but they might back off a bit with Diaby on the field. I think we're gonna play something like this:

Almunia
Eboue / Silvestre / Djourou / Clichy
Walcott / Diaby / Fabregas / Nasri
Adebayor / van Persie

Doubt that either Gallas or Sagna is gonna be back. We should win this pretty comfortable anyway since West Ham are literally leaking goals, though. Zola is a good manager but he has got a **** team. They play in an attacking and open style that suits us well. Defensively, Collins and Upson are a joke. Ade's gonna have a lot of laughs at their expence. I'm guessing at 3-1 or 4-1 to Arsenal. As soon as we get the first goal the rest will follow.

hackajack

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
We should win this pretty comfortable anyway since West Ham are literally leaking goals,
As the man above said it's never easy down there, even our best teams have struggled to get results. I'd normally be happy with a point but we're playing catch up after Hull, Fulham and Sunderland.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

hackajack said:
Klaus Daimler said:
We should win this pretty comfortable anyway since West Ham are literally leaking goals,
As the man above said it's never easy down there, even our best teams have struggled to get results. I'd normally be happy with a point but we're playing catch up after Hull, Fulham and Sunderland.
West Ham was a better team in past times than they currently are.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

West Ham ALWAYS remember how to play against us, so I'm not expecting too silly a result.

2-0 Ade and Theo.

Our defense to be seriously tested by Bellamy and Cole.

Anzac

Established Member

Which is the bigger game - WHU or Sp**s - and which game will AW want his best players for?

I'm picking that he'll want to get his injured players back on track to keep match fit, and as such he;ll want to rest those players involved mid-week so as not to play 3 matches in 7 days.

We have Sagna, Djourou, Gallas, Bendtner all back from injury, RVP has been rested, Vela needs more match time to keep sharp, and Ramsey warrants more time as well.

I'd be very surprised, and slightly concerned, if we didn't see most of these guys on the pitch for much of the game - otherwise they are unlikely to play much part until Stoke in another 2 weeks time.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
As soon as we get the first goal the rest will follow.

I think that'll prove to be the key. If we score in the first half an hour it should be comfortable, if we don't we could see West Ham grow in confidence and give us trouble like they have a lot in the last few years.

It should be interesting to see if Wenger goes for Cesc with Denilson, Diaby or both of them in midfield. Right now I'd stick with Denilson and not risk Diaby in the middle until a Carling cup/ Champions league match.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Zola have made West Ham more attacking than they ever been in recent seasons and that could work very well in our favour.

We have always done not as good as we have supposed to against them, but I have confidence this time they are in for a thrashing

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

AnthonyG said:
Cheers, Arai. Hope you don't mind that I thieved your thread. :D

No problem, mate :wink:

M+D

Established Member

I'd drop Nasri for this one and play Diaby on the left instead. Nasri has looked class in home games and a shadow of that in away games so far.

This is my team:

---------------- Almunia ----------------
Sagna --- Gallas ----- Silvestre --- Clichy
Walcott --- Fabregas -- Denilson -- Diaby
------------ van Persie ------------------
------------------------ Adebayor ---------

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

Makes sense. Like that line-up.

Maybe RVP could occasionally swap position with either Walcott or Diaby (more than usual).

Original_AAA

Need a win here, but it is going to be a tough game. We always seem to struggle here, but with Zola's offensive focus this might change.

West Ham have lost their last two games and are low on form. They are missing Ashton, Gabbidon, Spector and Dyer which weakenes them, but it is no coincidence that this West Ham team is in top half of the table.

My prediction: 2-0 win, Fabregas and Adebayor

DOUBLE-YOU

i am not expecting a good result from this game. i don't know if it is because the players are "young", but we seem to have a consistency problem. Whenever we have a good midweek performance we fail to deliver the following saturday. (conversely if we had lost to fenerbace, i thing we would have taken west ham to the cleaners)
it wouldn't surprise me if we lose this game. west ham do seem a more open team under zola though, so this could be a spectacle.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Merida+Denilson said:
I'd drop Nasri for this one and play Diaby on the left instead. Nasri has looked class in home games and a shadow of that in away games so far.
Can't understand that kind of reasoning. I'd like Diaby to start as well as he's in good shape, but every single time we've played without Nasri this season it has affected Cesc badly. I think he has been immense. He's the only one capable of grabbing goals from outside the box as well, except maybe Cesc. It just doesn't make sense to rest him if he isn't injured or tired, and he's neither.

GaelForce22 said:
It should be interesting to see if Wenger goes for Cesc with Denilson, Diaby or both of them in midfield. Right now I'd stick with Denilson and not risk Diaby in the middle until a Carling cup/ Champions league match.
Me too, but I think that Wenger's of a different opinion. I like what Denilson brings to this team, but against Fenerbahce he happened to have a very average game whereas Diaby had an excellent one. That might just have been the excuse that Wenger needed to switch our central midfielder. We all know how highly he rates Diaby (and I, for one, agrees with him. It's just that I think Denilson is a better option right now).

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

I dont think Wenger will drop Denilson for this match, Denilson has play every match for us so far this season Diaby is back from a injury and he played 70 minutes against Fenerbache but he looks very good and ready to play.

Wenger could play Diaby beside Fabregas for more strenght and body in midfield, and it would be a good choice, give Denilson a breather and Diaby is ready to play.

Van Persie will come in again ofcourse he is fired up always against West Ham and beside Adebayor i am confident we can nick some goals in.

I really hope Gallas is fit Silvestre was good good heading but he is to slow, and in the Premiership we will get countered and countered times again, and we need a little bit more pace at the back. If Sagna is also back, I have faith we will win comfortable. Song make place for Djourou.

1-3. for us

Shadow Moses

Established Member

Gallas and Toure available for West Ham trip

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gallas-and-toure-available-for-west-ham-trip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... t-ham-trip</a>

the direct link seems broken. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/home</a>

--

Knowing Wenger that means Toure to RB with Gallas & Silverter in the center.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom