• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player ratings against Roma

gstew

Almunia: 9 One stunning save and no mistakes

Sagna: 7
Touré: 8
Gallas: 8
Clichy: 8 Loses a point for overcommiting on the pass against Motta, which gave Roma their only serious chance

Denilson: 8 Had a pretty good game
Diaby: 8.5 Best he has looked in a long, long time
Nasri: 7.5
Eboue: 7 Had a good game, but loses a point for that awful miss and another point for diving/falling at the edge of the box....really embarrassing

van Persie: 8
Bendtner: 4 Made some good runs, but his first touch reminded me of the days of Wiltord

Unforgiven

Established Member
Almunia 8 - made a great save in the first half.
Sagna 7.5 - was great defensively but his crossing could have been much better.
Touré 8 - Solid, he has had a great run of games lately. Don't wait for Gallas in future in the changing rooms.
Gallas 8 - again solid and was great when he pushed up.
Clichy 8 - His pace was really effective. Had a really good run in the box past a few defenders.
Eboue 7.5 - Missed a really easy chance but otherwise he was good. When we were on the counter he was effective with his pace. Just lacked some of the vision to play wide to other players sometimes.
Denilson 9 - excellent game. His passing was excellent, probably his best game of the season in my opinion.
Diaby 8.5 - Soon as Diaby came off you could tell the game slowed down a bit. Good tackling, dribbling was great.
Bendtner 6.5 - I would say Bendtner was greater than average. He didn't give the ball away too much etc. Shame he missed his chance.
Nasri 9 - Nasri had an excellent game, especially in the central role.
RvP 8 - RVP had a good game but could have had more of the ball from our other players.

It was a really good performance from the players today. It showed that when there was the space in the game we took advantage of it. I was surprised how much Roma gave the ball away in that game. Glad we kept another clean sheet. Looking forward to the next game.

hesham

Established Member
Almunia - 7 - A couple of good saves and good catching

Solid back Four
Sagna - 8 - Put in some decent crosses
Touré - 7
Gallas - 8
Clichy - 7

Bendtner - 4 - Rubbish
Denilson - 8 - Best performance in a while, not surprising with the formation we played
Diaby - 8 - Good performance, can see him in the DM role if he really wants it, shame about the injury
Eboue - 7 - Had a great game till he missed the chance and completely disappeared
Nasri - 7

Van Persie - 7

Song - 7
Ramsey - n/a
Vela - 6

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Almunia 8
Sagna 8
Toure 8
Gallas 8
Clichy 8,5
Eboue 7
Diaby 8
Denilson 9 (MOTM)
Nasri 8
Bendtner 6,5
RVP 8

Proof

Established Member
Almunia 8

Sagna 8.5
Toure 7
Gallas 8
Clichy 8

Eboue 6.5
Denilson 8.5 MOTM
Diaby 8
Nasri 8.5

Van Persie 8
Bendtner 6

Subs:

Vela 6
Song 6
Ramsey N/A

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia: 8

Sagna: 7
Touré: 8
Gallas: 8
Clichy: 6

Denilson: 7
Diaby: 8
Nasri: 7
Eboue: 5

van Persie: 6
Bendtner: 3

Song: 5
Vela: 6

TomasCR

Established Member
Not going to bother with ratings three days after the game, but I just wanted to say that those who gave Eboue less than 6 are jokers and nothing more than jokers. Before Wenger took him off, he was one of the most attacking and, as much as I hate myself for saying that, one of the most creative players we had on the pitch.

It was the first game this season so far when I can say I was satisfied with his performance. Well done.

Extremely pleased with the result by the way, we should have won by a larger goal difference but as long as we´re going to score in Roma, and with Adebayor and Walcott back in the squad we should be, it doesn´t matter.

sabret00the

Established Member
I won't go into the full ratings, i'll just add that I thought Eboue was more influential, in fact just simply better than Diaby on the night. He provided a lot of energy and facilitated most of the forward movement of the ball. Obviously he deserves to be marked down for a lack of end product, but at the very least i feel he should be on par with Diaby in terms of ratings after the match. Criminal or not.

-vapour-

Hmmm... I feel Diaby was better than Eboue on the night but nevertheless Eboue was still outstanding. Especially compared to usual. Main issue is no doubt his finishing. But if Eboue could play like that every game I wouldn't have a problem with him given a regular place. Shame I still believe that, that won't happen.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 7

Clichy - 7
Toure - 8
Gallas - 8
Sagna - 7
Eboue - 5 - wasteful
Diaby - 7
Denilson - 7
Nasri - 6

Bendtner - 5 - is he really a striker?
Van Persie - 7

Vela - 5
Song - 6
Ramsey - n/a

Anzac

Established Member
I've only seen most of the 1st half, but based on that showing I can't rate Eboue any higher than Bendtner - in fact I'd still rate Bendtner higher as IMO he is certainly no worse than Eboue at the role they are both playing, and yet he has had the least time to adapt to playing a role that is more 'foreign' to his normal role.

Eboue looks good on the ball but there is absolutely no substance to his play - both in regards to individual or team outcomes. His running on the ball serves no more constructive purpose than Toure bringing the ball forward - Toure hoofs it away & Eboue runs into a tackle = they both lose possession. As I've said in the match thread he has no vision/intelligence on the ball and becomes myopic. I believe he actually thinks he IS an AM & he actually spurns making a pass to continue his run, or he can't pass the ball other than 3 metres & directly to a player.

As with Flamini last season, I think some people here are perhaps impressed by something that looks impressive (considering our style is to pass & move so anyone running on the ball looks direct & purposeful), and fail to see that not only is there no substantial gain from it, but it becomes counter productive when we lose possession after spurning better options.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom