• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven | 07/03/07

sam961gunners

LEHMANN-6, didn't have a lot to do for most of the game, i felt he could have done better with the goal, if he has stayed on his line i think he would have saved it.
TOURE-7, was one of our better players on the night, i was not sure about him playing at right-back before the game but he done well, wherever you put him he will do good job.
GILBERTO-5, looked a natural center-back on saturday against Reading but looked very shakey tonight, three or four times he hesitated and almost cost us a goal.
GALLAS-6, nothing special but a soild performance. Looked a little negative to me, usally he likes to make a few runs forward but didn't do that today.
CLICHY-5, He was a little too hesitant at times, didn't get forward enough for me.
HLEB-6, was our best player going forward, made things happen with his little weaving runs but just will not shoot. Was no need to give away that free-kick at the end.#
DENILSON-7, ran the midfield, always looked comfortable on the ball and showed great strength throughout the game, maybe a little too much strength on Farfan where he nearly conceaded a penalty.
FABREGAS-7, played well in the middle with Denilson, really should have scored when Hleb squared to him on the edge of the area.
LJUNGBERG-6, a spectator in the first-half, got more involed in the second but nothing spectaular.
BAPTISTA-5, missed numerous chances as usual, i few nice overhead kicks but they resulted in nothing.
ADEBAYOR-6, ran his socks off as usual, like Fabregas, he should have scored when he broke through in the second half, would expect him to finish them sort of chances.

lagos

Established Member
LEHMANN-6,
TOURE-7,
GILBERTO-6
GALLAS-6
CLICHY-7,
HLEB-7,
DENILSON-7,.
FABREGAS-6.5,
LJUNGBERG-6,5
BAPTISTA-6.5,
ADEBAYOR-7

Wenger -0 (****ed it up)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lehmann - 6 -
Toure - 7 -
Gilberto - 5 - shaky and Farfan smelled oppotunities on him.
Gallas - 6 -
Clichy - 7 -
Cesc - 6 -
Hleb - 5 - that bloody foul led to the concession
Denilson - 7 -
Ljunberg - 6 -
Ade - 5 - beaten by Alex almost every tmie
Bap - 6 - some good flashes in front of the goal

Sub:
Diaby - 7 - solid and managed to create
Henry - 6 -

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann: 5, didn't do anything all game and his positioning for the goal was completely wrong.
Toure: 7, lion.
Gilberto: 6, mistakes in the first half, better second.
Gallas: 6, didn't have anything to do.
Clichy: 6, quiet.
Hleb: 6, created very good chances but lost the ball occasionally. The foul for their goal was not needed.
Cesc: 6, should've scored and should've shown more urgency.
Denilson: 7, one of few positives from this whole season. Good block against Farfan but it could've been a penalty (it looked like it)
Freddie: 5, pointless.
Ade: 6, can't finish and was average overall.
Baptista: 5, same as Ade but didn't do anything.

f4evo

lehmann - 6
toure - 7
gilberto - 6
gallas - 6.5
clichy - 7
hleb - 6
denilson - 7
cesc - 7.5
ljungberg - 6
baptista - 3
adebayor - 6.5

henry - 6
diaby - 7
walcott - N/A

True Gooner

Established Member
Lehmann - screwed up the only sot on target -
Toure - played well as a right back - 6.5
Gilberto - where were all those people who said Gilberto should be a CB, amazing what one performance does to a persons opinion either way - 5.5
Gallas - solid - 6
Clichy - added to our attack - 6.5

Hleb - good game, stupid to concced to foul, really stupid for a player of his experience - 6.5
Fabregas - hot and cold - 6.5
Denilson - decent performance - 7
Ljungberg - played awful in the 1st half, slightly better in the second - 6.5

Adebayor - cant finish, worked hard mixed up performance - 6.5
Baptista - Same as Adebayor - 6

Subs -
Henry - Didnt do any worse than Ade and Baps, then again he did nothing more - 6
Diaby - N/A
Walcott - N/A

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens - 6 - Nothing to do but should have been in a better position for the goal

Kolo - 7 - Non stop action, did his best throughout and gave 100%.

Gilberto - 5 - Never looked comfortable in defense and made mistakes that could have cost us in that first half.

Gallas - 5 - Not much to do but once again a poor effort in defense let Farfan through which should have lead to a penalty.

Clichy - 6 - Not the usual Gael but did what was needed in defense.

Freddie - 6 - Same boring old move from Freddie, goes to his left and gets nowhere, Can't even get into goalscoring positions anymore.

Denilson- 6 - Decent debut, passed the ball well at times but was wasteful on other occasions.

Cesc - 6 - Same as Denilson but for the love of Christ hit the ****ing target for once.

Hleb - 6 - Great with the ball at his feet but no end product. Made the wrong decisions for the pass and its obvious he can't ****ing shoot a ball.

Ade - 6 - Good work rate, got involved but should have scored.

Beast - 5 - Touch of a rapist and should have scored in the first half.

Lord Dula

Established Member
A lot of the team average scores are around the 6.5 mark - I'd expect a team with the calibre of players we have performing at that rating should win at home - so arewe saying its down to bad luck?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
bluenaz said:
Lehmann: 5, didn't do anything all game and his positioning for the goal was completely wrong.
Toure: 7, lion.
Gilberto: 6, mistakes in the first half, better second.
Gallas: 6, didn't have anything to do.
Clichy: 6, quiet.
Hleb: 6, created very good chances but lost the ball occasionally. The foul for their goal was not needed.
Cesc: 6, should've scored and should've shown more urgency.
Denilson: 7, one of few positives from this whole season. Good block against Farfan but it could've been a penalty (it looked like it)
Freddie: 5, pointless.
Ade: 6, can't finish and was average overall.
Baptista: 5, same as Ade but didn't do anything.
those are about mine, with a 5 for Hleb and a 4 for Jens.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Oi Clockwork, I beg for forgiveness, Alex is a MONSTOR.

I previously thought he was just 'good' but **** me seeing him tonight he was a beast.

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 5 What on Earth was he doing for Alex's goal?

Clichy - 6 Not a good game by his recent standards. Didn't get forward very well at all, although was pretty sound defensively.

Gilberto - 3 Did his best to gift PSV the tie, bless him.

Gallas - 6.5 One slip but aside from that he was steady.

Toure - 7 Did well at full back and drove forward with intent. Would like to see him there again from time to time.

Hleb - 7 Will get alot of stick by ****** but the fact is he was one of our best players tonight. Only player, aside from Toure, to really make things happen. Silly free kick to concede though.

Fabregas - 5 Poor, as he has been for a while now. So many needless little clips foward that came to nothing, and his passing was off. He probably gave the ball away more than Hleb, although no one will ever 'fess up to that.

Denilson - 7 Hehe, lucky to get away with a stone wall peno but another very nice mature performance. Awful corners though.

Freddie - 4 Touched the ball 3-4 times and did little with it those few touches.

Baptista - 4.5 Not involved nearly enough. Nice overhead kick but that aside he was poor.

Adebayor - 4 Couldn't finish his bloody dinner. Throw in a few million really poor touches and there you have it, the Adebayor show.

dos1986

Established Member
Lehmann: 5 Quiet game but ****ed up for the goal.

Toure: 8, Our best player and deserves much better

Gilberto: 6, Decent

Gallas: 6 Ok expected more.

Clichy: 6 Not his usual self

Hleb: 5 Ok until that stupid stupid foul at the end

Cesc: 6 Looked Tired and needs to get back to what he's good at,your not Zidane Yet Cesc so stop shooting and keep it simple.

Denilson: 7Great performances considering his experience

Freddie: 5, Waste of a shirt as usual

Ade: 6 Ran about and did what was expected,needs to improve if he wants a future here.

Baptista: 5 Not good enough at this level.

Viper

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Lehmann - 5 What on Earth was he doing for Alex's goal?

Clichy - 6 Not a good game by his recent standards. Didn't get forward very well at all, although was pretty sound defensively.

Gilberto - 3 Did his best to gift PSV the tie, bless him.

Gallas - 6.5 One slip but aside from that he was steady.

Toure - 7 Did well at full back and drove forward with intent. Would like to see him there again from time to time.

Hleb - 7 Will get alot of stick by ****** but the fact is he was one of our best players tonight. Only player, aside from Toure, to really make things happen. Silly free kick to concede though.

Fabregas - 5 Poor, as he has been for a while now. So many needless little clips foward that came to nothing, and his passing was off. He probably gave the ball away more than Hleb, although no one will ever 'fess up to that.

Denilson - 7 Hehe, lucky to get away with a stone wall peno but another very nice mature performance. Awful corners though.

Freddie - 4 Touched the ball 3-4 times and did little with it those few touches.

Baptista - 4.5 Not involved nearly enough. Nice overhead kick but that aside he was poor.

Adebayor - 4 Couldn't finish his bloody dinner. Throw in a few million really poor touches and there you have it, the Adebayor show.
I agree with your ratings, except I'd give Hleb 6 and Freddie 3.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann - 5 - bad day at the office
Toure - 7 - good forward well but lacks vision in order to play right back
Gilberto - 3 - worst player on the pitch
Gallas - 6 - average
Clichy - 6 - average
Hleb - 7 - MOTM in spite of the mistake
Fabergas - 7 - was tidy
Denilson - 7 - he's such a great player
Ljungberg - 5 - for all of the off the ball genius he offers, by genius i mean movement, he offers **** all in possession.
Adebayor - 6 - Wasn't even that hard working today to be honest, but made an impact
Baptista - 4 - Every touch he had seemed to go wrong.

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6. meh.

toure - 7. good game. poor final ball at times, but good effort and intensity.

gallas - 5. not impressive.

gilberto - 3. poor.

clichy - 3. poor.

hleb - 5. some good moves, some poor moves.

denilson - 5.. mediocre

cesc - 4. another disappointing performance.

freddie - 4. his usual self.

baptista - 4. poor.

ade - 3. very poor.

henry - 2. piss poor.

dos1986

Established Member
:lol:

Cant argue with that.

Kolo deserves an 8 though,he's the only one who gave a **** and deserves better.Seeing the look in his eyes at the end was very sad.

kel varnsen

Established Member
dos1986 said:
:lol:

Cant argue with that.

Kolo deserves an 8 though,he's the only one who gave a s**t and deserves better.Seeing the look in his eyes at the end was very sad.

i'd give him a 9 for his effort and energy, but his final ball was far too sloppy. therefore the 7 rating...

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bayern's goal, it's called 'be direct'.

If it were Helb snatching the ball from Carlos, he would probably turn and turn and turn. And Ade would wait outside the box to see if the ball will come to him, rather than go into the box and take a chance. Arrrgh

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom