• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Twente | 27/08/08

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - N/A We could have played this game without a goalkeeper and still won.

Clichy - 6
Gallas - 7
Djourou - 6
Sagna - 6

Nasri - 7
Fabregas - 5
Denilson - 5
Walcott - 6

Bendtner - 2
RVP - 2

Eboue - 6
Adebayor - 5
Song - 5

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Re: Arsenal Vs FC Twente Player Ratings

Almunia N/A

Sagna 6
Gallas 6
Djourou 6
Clichy 6.5

Denilson 6
Fabregas 6
Nasri 6
Walcott 7

van Persie 4
Bendtner 6

Eboue 5
Song 5
Adebayor 4

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Almunia 6

Clichy 7
Gallas 7
Djourou 6
Sagna 6.5

Nasri 7
Cesc 6
Denilson 6
Walcott 8

Bendtner 7
RVP 6

SUBS
Eboue 6.5
Adebayor 6
Song 6

arsmile

Established Member

Al-6- difficult to rate him- he had fa to do- but didn’t do anything wrong really

Sagna-6.5- good running

Galas-7- is good at being an auxiliary attacker, difficult to rate any of our defenders on their defensive performance because they went even nearly tested

Djourou-6- no mistakes, consistent good decisions

Clichy-8- back to his normal self- sprinting his aris off to start an attack when we were 6-0 up

Walcott-8- credit where credit’s due- did run down lots of blind alleys but I’m willing to accept that if he gets a goal + semi-assist a game

Denilson-6.5- one great assist, otherwise decent-looks liek he’s still recovering fromfulham

Cesc-6.5- great to see him back- didn’t look quite at his best but it’s understandable, we actually look like a team when he plays

Nasri-7- got a good goal in a decent 45 minutes play

Vanpersie-5.5- was instrumental in nasri’s goal- got in soem great positions, his shooting boots must hav egoen missing somewhere cos he is having reeeeal problems getting shots on target

Bendtner-7- I actually thought he was quite good- worked hard, was clumsy- good shot for gallas’ goal, got the goal he deserved in the end

Eboue-6.5- was fine

Ade-6- good for bendtner’s goal (gave him a nice hug afterwards too!), nothing else

Song-6.5- very happy to see himn get an outing in midfield, where I think he belongs

giuliob

5.5 is average

Almunia 5.5 Nothing to do; came out and almost got buried
Clichy 5.5 Average game for him
Gallas 6.5 Decent game; with a goal
Djourou 6.5 Decent game; not too much to do
Sagna 5.5 Average game for him
Nasri 7 Very active all the while; loved his goal
Cesc 6.5 Okay for his CL debut; brought intangibles tonite.
Denilson 6.5 Nice improvement from his last outing; lovely little flick to Nik.
Walcott 7 A nice outing from Theo; worked hard; very nice goal
Bendtner 6.5 Clumsy as can be; held onto the ball longer than necessary at times; Johnny on the spot with his goal.
RVP 6 Maybe trying too hard; Solid work rate..

SUBS
Eboue 6
Adebayor 6
Song 6

They worked hard; there is a long way to reach the promise land; Twente was awful; So not a good barometer of how the wind will blow.

True Gooner

Established Member

Almunia - 5

Clichy - 6
Gallas - 7
Djourou - 6
Sagna - 6

Nasri - 6.5
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 6
Walcott - 6.5

Bendtner - 5.5
RVP - 5 - Really needs a goal to get going

Eboue - 6
Adebayor - 5
Song - 5

AliBabaBrewer

Almunia - 6
Clichy - 7
Gallas - 6
Djourou - 6
Sagna - 6
Nasri - 7
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 5
Walcott - 7
Bedntner - 5
Van Persie - 4

Adebayor - 6
Eboue - 6
Song - 6

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Al N/A looked bored as hell.....as well he might.

Sagna-6- looked slugish going forward for me and very few crosses. But not a problem against Twente

Gallas-7- rating at 7 purely for the goal , didnt have enough to do at the back to merit more

Djourou-6- better option at this moment in time

Clichy-6.5- thankfully p[layed well after a nightmare game against Fulham

Walcott-7.5- he's one of those annoying players that when confident can take on and beat anyone but a little too honest and a little too unselfish. Henry-esque finish

Denilson-6.5- one great assist and decent in midfield. Seems play better when Fab beside him but still the weak link in the team

Cesc-6.5- Ideal game to start back. Poor opposition and as always willing to direct things from CM

Nasri-7- Good control if not as good as Hleb but shows a willingness to cut inside and not afraid to have a go. As such not a typical Arsenal midfielder

Vanpersie-5- looks frustrated and out of sorts. How did he miss THAT one?

Bendtner-4- goal or not looked poor. Even the goal was laid on a plate for him. Should have had more - esp from that run by Eboue (Eboue of all people)

Eboue-6- did ok. Nothing special but I've no problems with him coming on...when we're 2 or 3 nil up

Ade-5- still doesnt look himself but game was already over when he came on so hard to rate him when supply wasn't that urgent

Song-5-never really got hugely involved but didnt have to really. As someone else has said, happy see him finally in CM

IBL

Established Member

Almunia - 6 for just being there

Clichy 6 - quiet first half but better attacking wise in the second
Gallas 6.5 - did what was required and got himself a goal
Djourou 6 - decent enough
Sagna 6 - ditto

Nasri 7 - good movement and nice finish
Fabregas 6 - solid game back if unspectacular
Denilson 5.5 - ok, nice assist
Walcott 6.5 - good match overall but still casual and poor anticipation at times, nicely taken goal

Bendtner 4 - bit of a mare
RVP 5 - tried hard

Eboue - 6
Adebayor - 5
Song - 5

dutchMasta

Almunia - 6 (Nothing to do)

Clichy - 6 (Tiny bit of trouble with Venneboom but mostly fine)
Gallas - 7 (Nice goal and determination throughout)
Djourou - 6 (Fine)
Sagna - 6 (Fine)

Nasri - 7 (Good game, nice skills and slick goal)
Fabregas - 6 (A bit rusty but solid overall and showed some typical Cesc passes)
Denilson - 5.5 (Looked a bit low on confidence from Fulham, but it grew, finished with a nice assist)
Walcott - 7 (Very nice goal, and caused trouble with his pace)

Bendtner - 5.5 (Some poor touches, but involved and caused problems, scored goal to finish match)
RVP - 5 (Should've scored, still off form, really worrying, NEEDS to get it back)

Eboue - 6 (Nothing special)
Adebayor - 6 (Few touches)
Song - 6 (Cameo appearance)

Twente's Entertainment Value - 0.5 (Passing it along the backline and back to goalie most of the match *really* annoyed me, lucky I wasn't on the pitch!)

algunner

I don't think Twente is a bad team I feel they are a good team than people give them credit. The whole team had energy and passion ran all over especially walcott and Bentdner even though we missed several chances. This is how the team should play fight with passion for every ball then chances will be created. We won so many balls because of pressuring them even though we did make use of the balls better atleast you can see there was hunger in the team. So i say well done to AW for the team talk and good respond from the team. I hope for same trashing against Newcastle!!!!

sabret00the

Established Member

Almunia 6

Clichy 7 - Defensively sound and less blind crossing.
Gallas 7 - Wasn't beaten and grabbed a goal.
Djourou 6 - Looked a tad overzealous in a bid to establish himself.
Sagna 7 - Got forward less and that suits me best.

Nasri 7 - Was probably his most effective game for us thus far, looked assured and purposeful.
Cesc 7 - Was great to have him back, he was a touch of class.
Denilson 7 - Was much better than against Fulham, still a few misplaced passes but the assurance was back and even took control for Nicky's goal.
Walcott 7 - Patches of very nice stuff and patches of averageness. The left wing really didn't suit him though.

Bendtner 6 - Seems like he'll always be a bit hit or miss for us.
RVP 6 - Was actually an improvement *shock horror* for what he lacked in clinicalness, he made up for in tenacity, grit and drive. Sadly, we want clinicalness from a striker.

SUBS
Eboue 6 - Meh
Adebayor 6 - x2
Song 6 - x3

GaelForce22

Established Member

Almunia 5 - I thought he made a couple of errors of judgment when coming for balls, but that's really just nitpicking.

Sagna 6 - Solid performance with some poor crosses.
Gallas 6 - Solid performance with one mistake and one goal.
Djourou 7 - Excellent. Please keep him in the side Arsène.
Clichy 8 - What a fantastic footballer. Shows the same level of determination in every game and is still improving.

Walcott 8 - The kind of performance we hope to see on a regular base in the not-too-distant future. Beautiful finish.
Denilson 7 - Strong in the challenge and got himself a great assist but his passing was very inconsistent.
Fabregas 8 - "We've got Cesc Fabregas." "We've got Cesc Fabregas."
Nasri 8 - Another good performance. His link up play with Cesc was impressive too.

Van Persie 6 - 2 Awful finishes but his passing and determination were impressive. At the end of the match he went up to this kid in front of me in a Robin suit and hugged him. Anyone know if that was his son?
Bendtner 5 - Some terrible desicion making but showed some good touches too.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Aluminia - 6 - Had nothing to do.

Sagna - 6
Gallas - 7 - Worked hard, was vocal and commicating. He got a 7 not because of his goal, but his general performance.
Djourou - 7
Clichy -8

Theo - 6 - scored a goal but still looked inconsistent.
Denilson - 6 - in and out of the game. He needs to relax. I believe he has the technical skills to pass the ball well. But he needs to keep a cool head before flicking the ball with his outside boot or trying to hook a overhead pass to Theo in uncomfortable body position.
Cesc - 6 - looked only 80% of his best but still managed to provided some creativity and stability.
Nasri - 7 - scored an opening goal. Not looking very lively afterward.

Van Persie - 5 - looked struggling and indecisive.
Bendtner - 7 - some of his cball ontrolls looked very clumsy. Had he dones some of the first touches right, he would have more pops at goal and scored. Still credit to him, he did work hard and try to impress.

Sub:

Ade - 5 - ineffective.
Song - 6 - ok
Eboue - 6 - did ok

I would really like to see Ramsey and Vela came on instead of Ade and Song/Eboue.

I am still unconvinced by the team's attacking play. Too often the team look abit disjointed, even with Cesc's presence. I don't think Cesc is very match clinical. The most apparent difference between his current state and the one last season is his penetrating passes. I almost saw none from him in this aspect. Usually when ARsenal have the possession, the opposition try to close down but when they get there the ball is already being transfered to another advantagous spaces, with a teammate running into it. So far I haven't got this impression from the team's midfield. However, a 4-0 win is a good result to build confidence. The coming Newcastle game is at Emirates so that will be an advantage to the home side.

xcdude24

Established Member

Aluminum- 6

Sagna- 6- I feel like he's set such a high standard that a 6 for Sagna would be 7 for Eboue if he were to play at RB.
Gallas/Djourou- 6.5. Didn't really have much to do
Clichy- 6.5. Needs to work on his crossing

Theo- 6. Would be lower if it wasn't for that world-class finish. He's by far the best finisher on this team; I wish Wenger would realize this.
Denilson- 5. New CM, please
Cesc- 6. Did well for his first day back at the office.
Nasri- 7. Decent performance, he's still not firing on all cylinders for us though.

RVP- 5. Needs 5-6 more games and a goal or two. Patience, my friends.
Bendtner- 5.5. Goal aside a fairly below average performance. His touch let him down too many he times and he made a few too many stupid mistakes on the ball. Still, better than Ade could have done.

Eboue- 5. Did nothing
Song- 6. Nothing to do given the role he was in
Ade- 5. Didn't do much to cement his starting place. Kind of a shame, I was hoping we'd be able to flog him off for more money next summer.

mjkgooner

7's all round a professional performance, just what we needed roll on Newcastle

jay-d

Established Member

xcdude24 said:
Theo- 6. Would be lower if it wasn't for that world-class finish. He's by far the best finisher on this team; I wish Wenger would realize this.

Sorry to pick on this quote, but why? OK Theo didn't have an amazing game but he was a threat throughout especially on the right. So why would he have gotten lower than a 6? I'm suprised you gave him that low he was at least a 7 for his overall game not even considering the goal.

dutchMasta

I'd say Eduardo's the best finisher, but Walcott's definitely up there.

asajoseph

Established Member

Almunia - 6 - Only gets a 6 by default. Might as well have not bothered getting changed for this one.

Sagna - 6 - Another up and down performance - some good challenges, but beaten as well a few times. Didn't add too much in attack either.

Djourou - 6 - One bad mistake in the first half, as he misjudged a header and ended up with the ball bouncing over his head. Otherwise wasn't too badly tested, and overall did ok.

Gallas - 7 - Overall, slightly more assured than Djourou at the back, though also wasn't really tested. Pushed up quite well through the middle, and his positioning for his goal was very smart.

Clichy - 7 - Got forward pretty well, and showed real energy all match. Linked well with Nasri in the first half in particular.

Walcott - 7.5 - Inconsistent end product, but for patches he did a fantastic job of offering us an outlet from midfield. Gave FC Twente some real problems, and benefitted from much better service than he's had in recent matches.

Fabregas - 6.5 - Brought the composure and structure that our midfield's been lacking. Did looks a little short of fitness, but having him back really illustrated the massive gulf in class between himself and the alternatives we have in the squad.

Denilson - 5 - Started out where he left off against Fulham, and had a shocking 1st 15 minutes. Picked things up a bit from there, and added a little more bite in the tackle, as well as slightly less incompetent passing. Still, despite all that, clearly doesn't look like he's up to the required level yet, and I cannot quite fathom why Wenger thinks this guy is up to the job for a whole season. He's not earned his place, and he's not doing much to indicate that he deserves to keep it.

Nasri - 7.5 - Again looked bright, and a very well taken goal. Like Walcott, benefitted from having a more effective central midfield next to him. Shame to see him go off at half-time, but the tie was won by then.

Bendtner - 5 - Worked hard, but overall was very poor, particularly in the second half. Actually got a cheer toward the end because he managed to touch the ball without losing it.

Van Persie - 5 - Shocking miss in the first half, and didn't really contribute a great deal overall. Some decent link play, but really looks off his game at the moment - badly needs a goal.

Subs:

Eboue - 4 - Added absolutely nothing when he came on, and further served to highlight the enormous gap between him and the players above him. He really offers far too little - why Wenger persists, I don't know.

Song - 6 - Nothing good, nothing bad from Song. The game was in the bag by the time he came on, and he didn't really do all that much.

Adebayor - 5 - Didn't really make a huge impact, and seemed to be missing for quite a while. Nice work in the buildup for Bendtner's goal, but needs better service than Eboue & co are capable of providing

qs

Established Member

Almunia -

Clichy - 7
Gallas - 7
Djourou - 7
Sagna - 7

Nasri - 7
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 5
Walcott - 7

Bendtner - 7
RVP - 4

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom