• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Villareal vs Arsenal | 25/04/06

Iulya_18

dmitri said:
Lehmann - 9 Hero
Eboue - 6
Toure - 4 annihilated by Franco
Campbell - 7
Flamini - n.a
sub Clichy 6
Fabregas - 6
Gilberto - 8 The Blank Wall
Ljungberg - 4 invisible
Reyes - 4 Honey, Where You Been So Long?
sub Pires - 6
Hleb - 6
Henry - 6

WTF are this ? You watched another game last night. How can you rate Henry with 6 and Freddie or Toure with 4? Henry played like s**t and gets a 6? the way you rated the players Henry should get a 2 or a 3.

Jens 10
Ebue 6
Toure7
Campbell - 6
Flamini - n.a
sub Clichy 6
Fabregas - 5
Gilberto - 7
Ljungberg - 6.5
Reyes - 4
sub Pires - 6
Hleb - 6
Henry - 3

dmitri

Toure made 2 terrible errors and only God knows why Villareal didn't score.
Henry played without ball and it's not his blame. If Fabregas and Hleb sometimes and somehow gave passes to him then Reyes and Ljungberg not. Reyes and Ljungberg just run by the football field with big eyes without any idea.

Captain

Established Member
Henry mis-controlled every ball that came to him; the worst being when he tried to pass to Ljungberg and the ball went straight above his own head.

It definitely wasn't his night and excuses that he didn't get the ball are wide of the mark.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Lehmann 9 - Great pen save and MOM

Eboue - 8 Great going forward and defensively

Kolo - 7

Campbell - 7 Pleased with his comeback

Flamni - 7

Clichy -7

Reyes - 7 One of his better games. Still average

Hleb - 7

Freddie - 7

Fab - 8 Can find space so easy its untrue

Gilberto - 8

Henry - 6 Tried but failed

Gort

dmitri said:
Toure made 2 terrible errors and only God knows why Villareal didn't score.

Yet Toure also made some great interceptions and covered for Campbell, but I suppose people notice the mistakes more than when things are done right. Sure, he has played better, but your four is laughable. The defence wasn't helped by a lot of our midfield's lack of pressing and holding onto the ball, which just ended up with our defence unduly under more pressure than it should have been. Our defence, keeper, as well as Gilberto, saved us last night.

Henry played without ball and it's not his blame.

Yes, I tend to agree. But, still, he didn't really do much when he did get the ball. It wasn't one of his best games, but then again, it wasn't helped by the rest of the team. Six is too high for me, I'd give him five. Then again, that celebration of his after the penalty might be worth an extra point. ;)

If Fabregas and Hleb sometimes and somehow gave passes to him then Reyes and Ljungberg not. Reyes and Ljungberg just run by the football field with big eyes without any idea.

Your mark for Ljungberg is way down. He ran his guts out, put in some good tackles, helped defensively, and did at least look like he was trying. Sure, I expect better from him, so give him a six, but your four is a bit low for my tastes.

James

Established Member
Lehmann 10
Eboue 10
Campbell 10
Toure 10
Clichy 10
Ljungberg 10
Gilberto 10
Hleb 10
Reyes 10
Fabregas 10
Henry 10

Nice one lads ;)

Gunner Ossie

isnt it interesting that those with the lowest scores are actually the very same players who were rested against Sp**s?.

the rest clearly did not have its desired effect.

bobo69

Gunner Ossie said:
isnt it interesting that those with the lowest scores are actually the very same players who were rested against Sp**s?.

rubbish... if you were watching the same match as me by the 70th min the players looked v tired.

in addition its less likely that the attacking players will get the best ratings if you go there to defend and not let a goal in. the tactical emphasis did seem to be that with 10 men behind the ball throughout the whole match. so what did you expect?

:roll:

dmitri

All our midfielders were good in defence. But they failed in support attack, especially Ljungberg and Reyes. Ok, maybe i was wrong with "4" for Ljungberg, Reyes and Toure. I had become accustomed to Toure "The Rock", Reyes "The Wizard" and Ljungberg "The Omnipresent". And i am sad because didn't see last night the REAL ARSENAL GAME.

Gunner Ossie

bobo69 said:
Gunner Ossie said:

rubbish... if you were watching the same match as me by the 70th min the players looked v tired.

in addition its less likely that the attacking players will get the best ratings if you go there to defend and not let a goal in. the tactical emphasis did seem to be that with 10 men behind the ball throughout the whole match. so what did you expect?

your talking rubbish because prior to the game wenger expressly said that arsenal are to play their normal attacking game so we did not go there to defend. furthermore, i dont recall us having 10 men behind the ball until late in the game.

So let me get this right, you would rest your best attacking players just so they can defend better? very logical :roll:

bobo69

yes the attacking players do the running...

hence you rest them. new concept to you?

AW can say what he wants before the match. The proof was in the pudding last night. We were defensive … End of.

keep yr knickers on... we are in the final so whatever AW did was spot on ...

knock him if we don’t qualify next year for the CL (by one way or another) until then you dont have an argument. Ok?

DOUBLE-YOU

Lehman - 9. This guy has been immense all tournament
Eboue- 7. i thought he defended well and looked one of our better players going forward.
Toure - 7 Defended well
Campbell - 7 Solid return
Flamini - 4... (can't comment)
Hleb - 6 Always neat and tidy but lacked penetration
Gilberto - 8 outstanding cleaning up
Ljungberg - 6 never really saw the ball in effective areas. played better when Pires came on
Fabergas - 5 things didnt go right for him
Reyes - 5 Beginning to frustrate me. he goes to ground to easily and slows the game down
Henry - 6 Going forward he was poor. he ran into wide spaces when a lot of the time we needed someone central to hold the ball up. his first touch was poor. saving grace was he worked very hard defensively.

subs

clichy 7 - fantastic return. never looked out of place
Pires 7 - we were much better when he was on the pitch. we had slightly more control.

Meatwad

Gunner Ossie said:
bobo69 said:
Gunner Ossie said:

your talking rubbish because prior to the game wenger expressly said that arsenal are to play their normal attacking game so we did not go there to defend. furthermore, i dont recall us having 10 men behind the ball until late in the game.

So let me get this right, you would rest your best attacking players just so they can defend better? very logical :roll:

what Arsène says before the game is irrelevant. That team was out there to defend, you could see it with your own eyes. The commentators saw it. But you're hanging on pregame banter? Wow.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom