• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - FA: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 28/01/07

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
iskjefree, your ratings are kinda too nice. We could've lost but thankfully we drew. I don't think anyone deserved an 9 or 10.

Almunia: 7.5 - Made that crucial save to deny Blton the second goal, was solid from then onwards.

Hoyte: 6.5 - Not much to complain but I was expecting him to go forward a bit more. But he shut down the Bolton attacks a couple of time.
Toure: 7.5 - Thank you for scoring the equaliser but Bolton turned our defence inside out when they scored their goal. Focus Kolo, Focus!
Senderos: 7 - Used his brain on a lot of occasions but him and Kolo should've been more organised to not let Bolton score that goal.
Clichy: 7.5 - Was superb going forward and defending but where were you when you were supposed to protect that left side during the build up to the Bolton goal? That gave the opponent space and bam! We conceded a goal through some bad defending.

Walcott: 6. 5 - Tried to pass people but failed on so many occasions. But after the 60 minute, only then everything worked out for him because before that, he was crap.
Fabregas : 8 - Superb in winning the ball and is always focused. Tried everything to break the Bolton defence.
Flamini: 7 - Running around everywhere like a headless chicken during his time at CM. It was not until when he was used as an emergency RB that he cleared every obstacle infront of him and he looked like the superb Flamini that we saw at LB last year.
Rosicky: 7.5 - Good at winning and keeping the ball but was awful in almost every attack move.

Ade: 6.5 - You thought he could've tried to bully the Bolton defencebut no, that didn't happen today. Was very slow in making decisions.
Henry: 7 - Didn't work out for him tonight, balls not reaching his feet, Meite on the goaline to clear his superb backheel. Worked hard but wasn't his night

Ali: 6 - Good shot at the death but other than that, didn't had much to do. It ain't easy being on the field with 3 other strikers you know.
Baptista: 7 - Everyone thought he would be scoring again but no, he didn't. Should've done better on that header but meh, he was ok.

M+D

Established Member
Almunia - 8 - made good saves, couldn't prevent goal

Hoyte - 7.5 - Good
Toure - 8 - Thank god for Kolo
Senderos - 8 - His type of game
Clichy - 8 - Did well, he is sooo quick!

Walcott - 6 - O.k, good in places, bad in others
Fabregas - 6 - Didn't run midfield like normal, lacked creativity, fatigued.
Flamini - 5.5 - Poor game. Normally tries hard but hasn't the quality to back it up. Today he didn't even try that hard.
Rosicky - 7 - Goes for killer pass to often.

Adebayor - 6 - Didn't do too much, works, but bad touch let him down.
Henry - 5 - Poor. Full stop.

Baptista - 7 - Did well, contributed to attack, not afraid to take people on. Touch much improved.
Ali - 6 - Didn't do much, had one shot saved. Not on long.

vantoure

almunia - he was there

Clichy - 6 (the best player there for me)
Toure - 5 (the first thing i saw of him was an error). he gets 5 because he scored
Senderos - 5
Hoyte - 4

Flamini - 2.5
Fab - 4
Rosicky - 4 (or 3.5) he shouldnt get up to fab
Theo - 3.5 he kept doing the same thing that did not work

Ade - 4 tried to work but was annoying all the same
Henry - 3.5 lazy

wenger - 1

i cant believe this i have never been angry with these players this much but they misbehaved big time. <b>damn</b>

Lukazan

Established Member
Mr. Hotshot said:
Henry: 7 - Didn't work out for him tonight, balls not reaching his feet, Meite on the goaline to clear his superb backheel. Worked hard but wasn't his night

Those comments yet he gets a 7? Ridiculous.. especially since you're basically saying Clichy, Almunia and Toure were 0.5 better..

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Almunia 7
Clichy 9 MOM
Senderos 8
Toure 8
Hoyte 7

Rosicky 5.5
Flamini 5
Fabregas 7
Walcott 5

Adebayor 5
Henry 5
The Beast 7

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Mr. Hotshot said:

Those comments yet he gets a 7? Ridiculous.. especially since you're basically saying Clichy, Almunia and Toure were 0.5 better..

Hey had he scored that backheel he would've been the hero. But he didn't have the luck

lagos

Established Member
I'm surprised you guys think Ade was so poor. i thought theo was easily the worst player on the pitch. I din't give him a poor rating cos he redeemed himself a bit

mccroix

Almunia 7
Clichy 10
Senderos 6
Toure 8
Hoyte 6

Rosicky 7
Flamini 3
Fabregas 7,5
Walcott 6,5

Adebayor 5
Henry 5

baptista: 7

lagosgooner said:
I'm surprised you guys think Ade was so poor. i thought theo was easily the worst player on the pitch. I din't give him a poor rating cos he redeemed himself a bit

flamini was the worst
ade was working hard but his first touch really let him down today

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 7 - one excellent save to keep us in it

Hoyte 7 - solid effort
Kolo 8 - took the goal well and took the game to Bolton
Senderos 7 - Solid
Clichy 8 - one of his best games for us, really impressed with him today

Walcott 5 - very dissapointing, doesnt appear to have much composure, very one dimensional when attacking and easily defended against
Flamini 6 - worked hard enough
Cesc 6.5 - was denied space expertly by Bolton and wasnt able to influence the game as much
Rosicky 7 - never stopped running, some shoddy passing

Ade 6.5 - worked hard but little attacking threat from him
Henry 6 - almost scored an outrageous goal, hard to get used to the 'new' Henry

SUBS
Beast 6.5 - looked up for it
Ali 6 - not enough time to make impact

Lev

Almunia - 7.5 Looked good all game, and couldnt have done anything against the goal.

Hoyte - 6.5. Decent throughout

Toure - 8. He was very good at the back, and tried to get things going foard. Showed heart, which is great to see at 1-0 down.

Senderos - 7. Did well, although i expected him to win a few more headers. But, nothing came from it, and he dealt with Anelka and Davies well

Clichy - 8. Class. Didnt stop running, didnt stop fighting, and played excellent.

Walcott - 5.5 Slightly below average. Obvious excuse is to put it down to youth, but still....

Flamini - 6. Average. Ran his heart out, but his creativity is non existent.

Cesc - 7. Came out better in the 2nd half, and overall did well.

Rosicky - 7.5 Ran his heart out also, and tried to get things moving. Good performance

Ade- 5.5 Poor touches all game, and won hardly any headers. I expected a bigger performance from him today, but we didnt get it

Henry- 6. Didnt get enough service. All he could do was chase down Bolton players, which he did. Otherwise, below par.

Bap 6.5. Did well once he was introduced, and looks to have confidence

Ali 6. Didnt have much time, and had one good shot which got the crowd a little excited.

qs

Established Member
Almunia 7
Clichy 8
Senderos 7
Toure 7
Hoyte 6
Rosicky 7
Flamini 4
Fabregas 8
Walcott 5
Adebayor 6
Henry 5

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Almunia-8

Hoyte-7.5
Toure-9
Senderos-8.5
Clichy-9

Theo-7
Cesc-8
Flamini-6.5
Rosicky-8

Henry-7
Ade-7.5

Baptista-8
Ali-7

stuart

Established Member
The Walcott talk is total nonsense. One day on here someone said he is crap and everyone has followed suit. Theo had a decent game, he lost the ball a few times, so did everyone else. He created more chances than anyone and give it is best, get off his back

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
LuKaZaN said:
Flamini - 5 Game passed him by.
Flamini didn't make good choices at crucial moments. He should be the invisible wall and provide protection in front the the back four :( Usually I don't bother to cut&paste pics but this time similar error happened again and it really got on my nerve.

On the goal conceded, he had three chances to intercept or disrupt Bolton's play: But he did none of them and watched the ball passed to Nolan in front of himself.

x1iu9.jpg

x2pe9.jpg

x3zr5.jpg

x4yi1.jpg

x5fc6.jpg

The formost thing I sahve to say is I do like and rate Flamini. He has good techniques and attacking awareness. But as a holding midfielder he still has some corners to cut. The goal conceded today is just an example of his lack of sensing dangers.

On the goal conceded agasint ManU, where was Flamini when the ball was thrown-in? Why Flamini chose to helped Gael when he could just shout at Tomas and ask him to help the fullback? Why he left a space where Ronney picked up the ball and Neville threw the ball into?

z1gc1.jpg

z2ce7.jpg

In the end Kolo had to come up to mark Larsson and when the ball was switched to CR7, other three defenders didn't move as quick as a unit, consequetly Evra exploited the space behind Eboue and Kolo was unable to cover that area. Cesc followed Evra but the little Spaniard was not quick enough then the goal was conceded. I am not saying Flamini should take the whole blame but if he had stayed where he should have been, the goal might not be conceded at all.

I hate to pick on Flamini but another example indicates that Flamini should learn how to SMELL danger - the goal scored by VDV. What the hell was Flamini doing in that area? He did put a foot in but he just could not see where the danger truly lie and how it would come.

y1oa4.jpg

y2ob0.jpg

y3op4.jpg

God help us please let Flamini have a third eye or radar or something useful so that he can tackle at where he should be tackling.

stuart

Established Member
Nice to see a bit of constructive criticism at least. You made the effort and you make a good point but i think the simple fact is, today, Anelka skiined him, he would have done the same to anyone

ronitc

Aluminia - 7.5
great save

Clichy - 7
good energy but lacking quality on his final ball which is frustrating.

Senderos - 7
decent performance, hopelessly lacking pace

Toure - 7.5
showed determination as always, some nervous moments

Hoyte - 6.5
ok...needs to try and match eboue's attacking contributions

Rosicky - 8 (lol at the 5.5 rating)
good game, felt a little sorry for him and cesc as our other 2 midfielders and forwards were so dire.

Cesc - 7.5
looked tired, had to play the role of 2 cm

Flamini - 4
Flamini gives us neither attacking impetus, nor defensive solidarity - he is effectively useless. He isn't particularly good at anything, except running around and even that is purposeless.

Walcott - 5
Poor performances continue. How can he be in a slump when he hasn't exactly been in great form for Arsenal. Coming off the bench and getting the occasional assist do not make for a good run of games.

Adebayor - 6
Mediocre game. High workrate as usual but touch let him down at vital moments. I don't think he's had a shot in about 3 games now. Doesn't he play forward? Oh right, he had that weak header on goal today.

Henry - 5
Backheel attempt was the only real thing of note he did today. Badly fluffed up a volley that sat up well for him. Made no attempt to run off the ball when Rosicky + Cesc carried it up the pitch. Doesn't look quicker than anybody else on the pitch. Ok, maybe Campo.

Jameel46

Established Member
Almunia - 7

Clichy - 8.5
Senderos - 7
Toure - 8
Hoyte - 7

Rosicky - 6.5
Fabregas - 6.5
Flamini - 6
Walcott - 6

Adebayor - 6
Henry - 6
-------------------
Baptista - 7
Aliadiere - 6

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom