• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - FA: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 14/02/07

kel varnsen

Established Member
almunia - 7,5. solid.

djourou - 5,5. decent, but offered very little going forward.

toure - 7,5. solid.

gilberto - 8. composed and very solid. good game.

clichy - 8,5. very good game. great defensively and great going forward. developing into a top class left back.

hleb - 9. MOM. Out-****ing-standing. on the ball he was in a league of his own. the ball was stuck to his feet. brilliant, just brilliant!

denilson - 8. i thought he was excelent tonight. agressive, excelent on and off the ball and great passing. superb.

diaby - 6. some good moves, but disappeared too often in the match and went completely awol at times. tactically poor as well at times, but obviously very talented and has the ability to drive past defenders.

rosicky - 8,5. another excelent performance i thought.

baptista - 3. sorry, but close to god awful. poor passing, poor touch, missed a penalty and a couple of good chances. looked like he struggled with the pace of our passing game.

ade - 8,5. excelent job as a target man. held on to the ball superbly, scored a good goal and worked tirelessly. great game.

ali - 7,5. excelent. easy to see why wenger rates him.

ljungberg - 5. piss poor, but scored a great goal.

nazo

Established Member
Spot on kel.
I would give Freddie a 6 for the winning goal though. (while doing nothing else :lol:)

lagos

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Spot on kel.
I would give Freddie a 6 for the winning goal though. (while doing nothing else :lol:)

agreed

nothing to add

freddie -6
Baptista 5

actually Toure gets a 7 he had quite a few sloppy moments

stiiphunn

Established Member
Re: Bolton - Arsenal. Fa cup, player ratings.

kel varnsen said:

Djourou was poorer than that IMO. Diouf almost always found a way to go past him- I lost count of how many times he was outclassed on his right side. It's not his position though.
I'd give him a 4.5.

Agree with the rest of your ratings.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Don't think Ade was anywhere near as good as that, don't think Baptista was anywhere near as bad. Freddie deserves a better rating for that sublime winner and Hleb, despite some brilliant stuff, also gave the ball away in some extremely dangerous positions and should be lowered.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 7 As solid as you like. Again. Again.

Djourou - 6.5 I personally thought he did well. Didn't get forward often, if at all, but defended well and showed excellent composure on the ball.

Toure - 6 Not his best night tbh. A bit hesistant on the ball at times and also wasn't marking tight enough at times. However, he dealt with what Bolton threw in to the box most of the time.

Gilberto - 6.5 Covers CB superbly. Not a foot wrong all night, apart from the peno which was awful which I'm afraid lowers his rating.

Clichy - 8 Got forward BRILLIANTLY. Defended BRILLIANTLY. BRILLANT performance once again.

Denilson - 7 Got tired later on but was a class act up until that point. Surely the immediate choice should Gilberto or Fabregas fall unable to play?

Diaby - 6.5 A little sloppy in his play and passing at times, but the talent and potential is blatant

Hleb - 9 Special is the word to describe his performance. We all know he can dribble, but jesus... some of the stuff he did with the ball at his feet tonight was just immense. Bolton players could not get anywhere near him or the ball.

Rosicky - 8 Drives forward with such conviction, I just love his tenacity. Also works like a horse and doesn't mind a tackle. Getting better and better.

Baptista - 5.5 A bad night ultimately but I thought there were signs of promise. He is linking up quite well, which could not have been said about him before. I also like the fact he seems like a constant goal threat. I reckon he'll be crucified by some people, but he doesn't deserve it, not at all. Should have scored atleast 1 goal tonight though.

Adebayor - 7 How did he miss that??!?!? That aside, a great performance. Worked tirelessly at both ends of the field and also scored the late goal which all but sealed the game.

Freddie - 6 Said he'd score. :D The finish alone deserves a 10 but (and I'm NOT Freddie bashing here) the fact that he was very poor the goal aside cannot really be ignored.

Hoyte - 6 Did his job.

Aliadiere - 7 That run was stunning. I really like him and I'm so glad he's stayed with us. He is still young but plays like a much more experienced player, and he keeps the ball superbly.

nazo

Established Member
Hleb was amazing. I would give him a 10 but that would be slightly unfair. Unbelievable performance from him.

BannedKwame

Diaby was excellent--8

Hleb -- 8.5
Baptista does not deserve a 3. He gets a 6

And Toure was better than Gilberto, so how in the bloody world does the later get the better rating?

The starting midfield was great, as was Clichy, Almunia, Adebayor-- in the first half, and Ali

qs

Established Member
almunia - 8 very good game made some crucial stops and his distibuton was top notch
djourou - 6 Good solid game
toure - 7 good most of the time
gilberto - 7 solid game, better than i expected
clichy - 8 every game now he's one of our best
hleb - 9 amazing. How we've missed this man.
denilson - 8 another great game from a lad who needs to start getting chances in the league
diaby - 5 good on the ball but his passing was dreadful. He always trys to play it inside when theres an easier and more effective pass onto the wing.
rosicky - 8 Great game, strong, direct, tricky. Looked tired late on though
baptista - 4 Terrible game but he's always in the right palce, he doesn't hide. He's close to being a good layer for us
ade - 8 nearly MOTM he worked his socks off and got a goal he deserved, hit the post too. great game
ali - very impressive, his pace was a massive threat against tired legs. Should start the B'burn game
ljungberg - 6 ****e but a great goal. He's so slow now but he reminded me why we love him so much when he took his goal.

RC8

Established Member
Re: Bolton - Arsenal. Fa cup, player ratings.

kel varnsen said:
almunia - 7,5. solid.

toure - 7,5. solid.

gilberto - 8. composed and very solid. good game.

clichy - 8,5. very good game. great defensively and great going forward. developing into a top class left back.

hleb - 9. MOM. Out-f****g-standing. on the ball he was in a league of his own. the ball was stuck to his feet. brilliant, just brilliant!

denilson - 8. i thought he was excelent tonight. agressive, excelent on and off the ball and great passing. superb.

diaby - 6. some good moves, but disappeared too often in the match and went completely awol at times. tactically poor as well at times, but obviously very talented and has the ability to drive past defenders.

rosicky - 8,5. another excelent performance i thought.

baptista - 3. sorry, but close to god awful. poor passing, poor touch, missed a penalty and a couple of good chances. looked like he struggled with the pace of our passing game.

ade - 8,5. excelent job as a target man. held on to the ball superbly, scored a good goal and worked tirelessly. great game.

ali - 7,5. excelent. easy to see why wenger rates him.

ljungberg - 5. piss poor, but scored a great goal.

Agree, but Freddie was crucial stopping Bolton's counter-attacks and his goal was amazing. He gets a 7 for me.

Gort

Almunia - 7 Had a good performance. Couldn't really be faulted for the goal

Djourou - 6 Had a reasonable match. Seemed out of position, which he was.

Toure - 6 Reasonable, but made a few uncharacteristic mistakes.

Gilberto - 8 Solid throughout the game and captained well. Yeah, missed the penalty, but the rest of his game was worth more than the penalty.

Clichy - 8 Great game. Really is showing that he was well worth taking over Cashley's role.

hleb - 10 (MOM) Can't add more than that. Just brilliant.

Denilson - 7 Great in the first half, but seemed to fade in the second. But in extra time, he perked up a bit. Looks like a great future player we have here.

Diaby - 6 Reasonable game. Nothing too special, but did his job.

rosicky - 7 Good game, although he did begin to fade in the end of the second half.

Baptista - 5 Missed chances and a penalty. Thought, other than his shot taking, he played fine enough, but when you have so many chances, you really need to take one of them. Still confident he'll be a good player for us in the future, though.

Ade - 8 Great and tireless play. Someone commented that he robbed our third goal from Baptista, but that's what confident strikers should do. ;)

Ali - 8 Good to see this lad showing his play. Great on the ball and good at setting up goals. Great play for that second goal of ours.

Ljungberg - 5 Would have been a four, but that goal gave him an extra point. I feel sad about giving this, but for moments in the game he was frustrating me. Still, the way he took that goal shows what I know... ;)

Hoyte - 6 Did fine for the time he was on.

f4evo

Almunia - 8 - fine performance

Djorou - 6 - Decent, a couple of mistakes

Toure - 6 - some nervy moments

Clichy - 8 - great defending, some good attacking play too

Gilberto - 6.5 - good defense but missed the penalty!

Diaby - 7 - started poorly but finished strongly giving Bolton a lot of trouble

Denilson - 8.5 - Very good throughout the match, did lose the ball a few times, but he was the only player who battled throughout the match and he's only 18!

Hleb - 9 - outstanding, incredible dribbling, tired towards the end, but a stunning performance on the whole

Rosicky - 8.5 - Very dynamic performance, some very nice moves

Adebayor - 7.5 - was amazing in the first half, wasnt really there in the second half, but came back in extra time, a fine performance

Baptista - 4.5 - terrible performance really, not much else to say

Ljungberg - 6.5 - didnt do much but great finish

Aliadiere - 8 - stunning run for the assist, good play throughout

Hoyte - 7 - did his job well

kamikaze80

Established Member
almunia - 8 - solid, excellent distribution to kickstart some breaks

djourou - 5.5 - great passing, got beat too often but he was out of position
toure - 7
gilberto - 7 - brave of him to volunteer, but we have better pen takers
clichy - 8 - wow, this kids good

hleb - 8 - provided the possession we needed without cesc
denilson - 8 - fantastic all-around game; surely must be third-choice CM now?
diaby - 6 - yes, his talent is blatant
rosicky - 8 - aggressive in attack and defence

baptista - 5.5 - couldve easily been an 8 but the pace was too much for him
adebayor - 8 - great movement

ali - 8 - exploited the tired bolton defence, smart play
freddie - 6.5 - what a finish. wouldve been a 5.5 otherwise
hoyte - i dunno, whatever

>YounGunner<

Established Member
almunia - 8 - Solild showing. Good distribution.

djourou - 6 - Made some mistakes but recovered well.

toure - 7- Soild as usual

gilberto - 8 - Looked like a natrual centre back and dealed with everything in the air

clichy - 8 - Amazing left back. In terms of talent i rate him higher then cole. Can control a game on the left.

HLEB - 100! - Awesome absoluletly stunning. Turned majestically, fantastic passing, quick feet and pentrating runs. Glad to see him back. Hopefully injury is minor.

denilson - 8 - More then ready to start. composed, passed well and got stuck in. What a talent.

diaby - 6.5- Good short passes and released the ball quickly however he needs to work on his long balls. Was very strong in midfield.

rosicky - 8 - Another fantastic showing fro the Mozart. Ran Bolton ragged and everything good came from him and Hleb today.

baptista - 5- Decent when one on one with a defender and great skill to win the penalty. However the weight on his passes where dreadful always over hit in promising positions.

adebayor - 8 - Good movement, worked hard and good link up play. Should have taken the penalty.

ali - 8 - Hleped kill off bolton with his runs. Should be playing ahead of walcott.

freddie - 6 - Only because of the nice finish. Other then that he offered little and was average at best. Mabe he should become a striker ala andy johnson because he clearly will never do anything on the wing,

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Expect a 10 for Freddie from him :|

And a 5 for Hleb.

Seriously though, I was agreeing with him just today or yesterday that Fred's runs are STILL there and he STILL has a (smaller) role to play. He went someway to proving it today.

**** defensively, lost a bit of his pace, but STILL gets into a position to score if only he receives the ball. A coincidence that a long time Arsenal player threaded it through? Possibly.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Manuel Almunia - 7
Did well when he was called into action, which wasn't very often. Made one good save outstretched off Diaby errand header and can't be faulted for Bolton's goal in my mind.

Johan Djourou - 6
I think he started to help thwart Bolton's aerial attack, but looked troubled by Diouf and Anelka whenever they went one-on-one against him. Out of position, so I'm being lenient.

Gael Clichy - 8
Was very good today. Top notch one-on-one defensively, and runs up the field with class. Gave away the ball trying to play his way out of trouble once or twice, but was very good.

Kolo Toure - 7
Was good, but not great. Looked nervous on a couple of occassions but made some good forward charges.

Gilberto - 8
Looked assured and kept a level head towards the end when he could've booted the ball upfield surrendering possession back to Bolton. Toure - Gilberto vs Blackburn maybe?

Aliaksandr Hleb - 9
You'd think he had never been injured. What a tremendous performance. One of the best dribblers in the World, and his passing (short and simple) was extremely effective. Played a mjaor hand in our first goal. Great performance!

Tomas Rosicky - 8
Also fantastic, espeically in the first half. Absolutely destroyed Ivan Campo, and was just so menacing with his passing and runs. Has been very consistant the last few weeks, and looks to have overcome any "adapting" period. Great game.

Abou Diaby - 6
Gave the ball away a fair amount near the Bolton attacking third, and gave up a lot of misguided passes. Did, however, show glimpses of pure quality with some great runs, and had Baptista not been dreadful, would've set up a goal in the 1st half of injury time with a sensational run.

Denilson - 8
Extremely impressive. Went into challenges willingly and intelligently and sprayed the ball all over the pitch with quality. Very exciting talent, and should be played again against Blackburn.

Julio Baptista - 5
Dreadful performance. Made a good run or two, and won a penalty, but really offered very little. Who knows what Aliadiere would've done had he been in those positions.

Emmanuel Adebayor - 8
Great performance. Does his job exceptionally well as a target man. Held the ball up well waiting for the midfield, and worked extremely hard, as he always does. Would've got a 9 but he missed an empty net when still at 1-1.

SUBSTITUTES

Freddie Ljungberg - 6
First game back since forever, and didn't do much. However, did do the most important thing in the game and got the winning goal. Read the play well, and made a trademark Freddie Ljungberg run and produced a sensational finish.

Jeremie Aliadiere - 8
Came on for Rosicky and looked lively from the word go. Like Rosicky, absolutely destroyed Ivan Campo at will and his speed and dribbling ability had Bolton troubled every single time. Great cameo performance.

Justin Hoyte - 7
Normal rating. Didn't notice him much, and wasn't really in the play with Bolton's long balls and our counter attacks, which usually developed from the left hand side.

kel varnsen

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
bluenaz said:
Expect a 10 for Freddie from him :|

And a 5 for Hleb.

Seriously though, I was agreeing with him just today or yesterday that Fred's runs are STILL there and he STILL has a (smaller) role to play. He went someway to proving it today.

s**t defensively, lost a bit of his pace, but STILL gets into a position to score if only he receives the ball. A coincidence that a long time Arsenal player threaded it through? Possibly.

does that warrant 60-70k a week though?

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom