• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - FA: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 06/01/07

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia 8 - Absolutely solid, as he has been for a dog's age.

Clichy - 7 Great game. Improving all the time.

Senderos - 8 Solid as anything you're likely to see.

Toure - 6 Did okay but not always assured.

Eboue - 6 Did okay before he was taken off. Still being a little ***** at times.

Rosicky - 8 Two world class goals and a great performance.

Gilberto - 6.5 Not his greatest game in terms of what he did on the ball, but the contribution he made off it, as always, is undeniable.

Flamini - 5 Poor overall but did have a period at the beginning of the second half where he played some great stuff. Will always get more stick than he deserves IMO. A case of judging the player rather than the performance.

Hleb - 5.5 The play between him and Rosicky for the build up of the first goal was amazing, but other than that Hleb had a poor game. Made some bad decisions and gave it away and wasn't involved too much. Unquestionable work rate though.

RVP - 4 Barely involved, which wasn't really his fault. Screwed up a good chance.

Henry - 7 Rarely involved but then turns it on and scores a great goal.

Mark

Established Member
Almunia - 7 - Apart from poor play on the goal, was a commanding presence at the back throughout.

Eboue - 6 - Annoying diving that led to him going off, but a decent display.

Clichy - 7 - Solid and assured both at the back and going forward.

Toure - 7 - Some crucial blocks.

Senderos - 7.5 - Liverpool with their long ball game just could not get past him. He was a giant today.

Hleb - 6.5 - Didn't get to do what he does best today, but great play for the first goal and worked hard throughout.

Gilberto - 6 - Did well, but could've done better in possession late in the game when Liverpool were constantly at us.

Flamini - 5.5 - Pretty much the same as Gilberto, just not as much of a physical presence sadly.

Rosicky - 8.5 - World class players win you games. This is what he was bought for. Two great goals put the game beyond Liverpool and he generally put himself about well.

van Persie - 5 - Pretty much anonymous from what I can remember, but to be fair he had no service.

Henry - 6.5 - Not his best game by any means, but still offers a lot with his experience, link-up play, and of course a good important goal to seal it.

Subs - Hoyte was solid, but didn't see any of Baptista or Walcott.

Overall - 9 - Fantastic team performance. Worked hard, left Liverpool with nothing but endless long balls and crosses, and clinical in front of goal. We've been a big improvement in the big games this season and hopefully we can continue to win without playing well, and start doing it against c*nts like Bolton too.

Dennis10

USArsenal said:
sabret00the said:
Almunia - 7 - Solid performance

Eboue - 5 - He's annoying sometimes, had me dreaming of Gilbert

Toure - 7 - Not one of his better performances but seems to be returning from the pits of where he was.

Senderos - 7 - Solid.

Clichy - 7 - Solid.

Hleb - 6 - Gave the ball away in some vital areas but in possession was nice to watch.

Flamini - 3 - Wish i saw him.

Gilberto - 5 - Gave the ball away too many times.

Rosicky - 7 - Two goals, some selfish play but was assured and effective.

van Persie - 5 - Hardly got any service but f*d up both times he did.

Henry - 6 - No service, couldn't get into the game but scored a wonderful goal.
we win 3-1 at Anfield, and you cant give anyone higher than a 7? you really are full of s**t sometimes, arent you?

I have to say that I pretty much agree with Sabre's ratings. Yes, we beat Liverpool, but they were really, really sh*t poor. Nobody at Arsenal played especially well to Arsenal's standards, and our goals looked really cheap in my opinion. But still; a satisfying win over a team I don't admire at all. Can't see Liverpool become great in the next five years. No innovation, little skill and today they even lacked heart. Embarassing performance by them, and a sub-par perfomance by us. Honestly.

lagos

Established Member
Standouts:
henry - 7.5 for his goal and the build up prior to it, that was my moment of the match
Rosciky 8 for his goals
Eboue 5 the guy is becoming an embarrasment.
Senderos 7.5 was impressive today

everybody else probably gets a 6 or 7

I'm very happy with the win but It must be said, Liverpool were poor. despite what the possesion stats say and Dudek was crap!

MOTM Rosicky

Flamini a 3? :shock: :shock:

jester

Established Member
Baptista has been here since august, had a few appearances but still hasnt controlled the ball once!

IBL

Established Member
Baptista has been nothing short of a disaster thus far. Controlling the ball is one of the most basic skills yet he struggles with that - he shouldnt need a run of games to master that :roll:

Lev

I keep trying to back up Bap (mainly in the lobby) about him needing time, and to get to learn the language, and the way we play. But everytime the guy gets a chance he makes me look like a fool. lol

Im sticking with give him some more time.......unfortunately i think he will need an entire season, but if he carries on at this rate he wont be here next season.

DOUBLE-YOU

Almunia 7 - Strong in the air and swept up any other danger
Eboue 5 - Didn't offer much going forward. Defensively he was more reactive than proactive.
Toure 8 - Made a lot of interceptions and won a number of second balls.
Senderos 8 - One shaky moment when he nearly scored an own goal, but was solid throughout.
Clichy 7 - Didn't give pennant much time or space although done little offensively
Hleb 6 - worked hard and set up rosicky goal
Gilberto 5 - Made a number of blocks and interceptions, but was surprisingly sloppy in possession. Lucky not to give away penalty.
Flamini 5 - Worked hard in front of defence but unable to give anything offensively
Rosicky 8 - relatively poor game...but he scored 2 brilliant goals (would have got a 5)
Van Persie 8 - ....not his rating - how many touches he had of the ball.
Henry 7 - like rosicky, poor game but the goal was amazing

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 7 - bravely went to catch the ball several times.
Eboue - 6 -
Toure - 7 -
Senderos - 8 - very solid with his no nonsense clearance.
Clichy - 7 -
Hleb - 6 - patchy performance. Any one noticed Hleb turned his back on Eboue when Eboue was in possession? What was Hleb thinking?
Rosicky - 9 - two flahes, two goals.
Gilberto - 8 - Super Silva.
Flamini - 6.5 - working very heard and deserved a half point more than Hleb's.
RvP - 6 -
Henry - 6.5 - if it wasn't the third goal, I would have considered Thierry went anonymous again. Yet consider of his very recet return, another 0.5 for the captain.

Sub:
Theo - 6 - still has a lot to learn.
Bap - 5 - now he began looking like a Brazilian Song to me. :( It's farcical to watch him looked like a youngster who was just being thrown to the Premiership game. Julio simply looked lost. C'mon Beast!
Hoyte - 7 - courageous with going to challenge the high ball. Even sometimes his competitor was Crouch!

Wenger - 7 - I would put Theo on for Hleb if I were him. But maybe Arsène didn't want Theo to come up too early, consider the Tuesday game.

Soler

Established Member
Almunia: 6
Eboue: 5
Toure: 7
Senderos: 7.5
Clichy: 7
Hleb: 7
Flamini: 6
Gilberto: 6
Rosicky: 9 (man of the match)
van Persie: 6
Henry: 7

Hoyte: 6
Baptista: 6
Walcott: 6

Meek

Almunia 7
Eboue 5
Toure 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 7
Hleb 7
Gilberto 6
Flamini 6
Rosicky 9
Van Persie 6
Henry 8

Hoyte 6
Baptista 6
Walcott (not on long enough)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
almunia 7 - very confident on dealing with crosses and high balls, had a good save, everything under controlled. i thought he could do more with the goal

eboue 4 - defensively very poor, attacking okay, acting terrible

toure 7 - bailed his countrymate out a few times, though still not his best

senderos 7.5 - towering giant

clichy 6.5 - gave pennant hell, but can be improved more

gilberto 6.5 - quite lucky in the alonso case, sloppiness in passing could have cost us

hleb 7.5 - good game, most of our goals this season is a copy of the first assist by hleb

rosicky 9 - motm performance.

flamini 5.5 - added steel to midfield, but liability in passing

rvp 6

henry 7 - largly anonymous, passing and creavtivity still okay, finishing superb

subs
baptista 1
walcott n.a
hoyte 6.5 - did better than eboue

Amadeor

Let me use this opportunity to say that the "penalty incident" was quite clearly NOT a penalty. It was a complete dive by Alonso. If you see the accident from the rear, you can clearly see Alonso deliberately move his right leg for 9-10" out of its way just to get a touch from Gilberto. Simulation, and a yellow was quite right.

I thought it was very very clear, but the studio people didn't see it.

Furthermore, I'd like to sound my appreciation for Alan Shearer as a commentator. At last a football commentator that has something useful to say, as opposed to Gary 'Is it' Lineker, Ian 'Innit' Wright, and Alan "Get in among them" Hansen. I liked the look on Hansen's face in the end... Frustrated like a coconut, but he wouldn't let it out :D

bazza_afc

Almunia 7 - Faultless

Eboue 4 - An embarrassment to the shirt

Clichy 7 - Solid

Toure 8 - Coped very well with the barrage of hoofs and made some vital blocks

Big Phil 9 MOTM - Did the number 6 extremely prod

Hleb 7 - Good first half, worked very hard as usual

Gilberto 7 -Sloppy in possesion but was still excellent defensivley

Flamini 7 - Did his job (which is not to be Fabregas II)

Rosicky 8 -Two magnficent Pires-esque goals

RvP 6 - Not a lot to say about his performance

Henry 8 - Great goal, killed the game off at a vital time

M+D

Established Member
Lev said:
I keep trying to back up Bap (mainly in the lobby) about him needing time, and to get to learn the language, and the way we play. But everytime the guy gets a chance he makes me look like a fool. lol

Im sticking with give him some more time.......unfortunately i think he will need an entire season, but if he carries on at this rate he wont be here next season.
It's the same with me, I keep saying give him time, and I was overjoyed when we bought him, but I am beginning to get annoyed with him now. He had a poor first touch and never once looked like going towards the defenders with the ball. He won a lot of headers, but not once can I remember one being directed to a team-mate. I found myself longing for Denilson to be on the bench instead. He looks from what I have seen a much more assured player.

Jameel46

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5 (looked solid and had no chance with the goal)

Toure - 8 (as expected)
Senderos - 8 (once again this season it took him time to start performing but now is looking like the promising defender we all know)
Clichy - 7 (looked good, and also starting to look better than Eboue on a whole)
Eboue - 5 (what's going on? doesn't he know that Lauren will be back to compete for the RB position)

Rosicky - 8 (first goal reminded me of bobby)
Gilberto - 7 (did his job very well)
Flamini - 6.5 (abit of a 'meh' performance, but we needed a midfield worker in the game where Liverpool dominated possesion)
Hleb - 7 (in and out but did look good while he was involved)

VP - 5.5 (only remeber one shot from him)
Henry - 6 (scored a very good goal but still waiting for him to come back)

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom