• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player ratings for City vs Arsenal

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
Almunia 3 terrible all game.
Sagna 4 bad in defence, worse in attack
Gallas 4 terrible marking, missed an easy header, responsible for the Ade goal
Vermaelen 5 best of a bad defence but still his worst performance this season
Clichy 4 beaten on his side far too often
Bendtner 3 offered nothing, his passing was terrinle
Denilson 6 ok first half
Song 6 not as good as he has been, raped by Richards, yet his removal changed the game
Fabregas 7 tried hard but had no options for a pass 90% of the time
Diaby 4 headless as usual, cowardly in front of goal
Van Persie 7 scored one, could easily have had 3.

Rosicky 8 changed the game
Finally one which I very much agree with (except the Gallas-Vermaelen part, Vermaelen was just as faulty as Gallas, though they were left exposed by the midfield and the full backs so not much of the blame goes to them).

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 3. Pathetic mistake for the first goal. Completely unacceptable. Had sod all to do for the rest of the game, accept pick the ball out of the net.

Sagna - 5. Looked tired all day, and although he defended okay, he was definitely a couple of levels below his usual in every department.

Gallas - 7. Really impressive, only let down by the disintegration of our shape for those crazy 10 minutes (which affected him).

Vermaelen - 7. The same as Gallas. Except he was also incredibly good on the ball, his left foot is something else. Won every single header against Adebayor! Loses a mark for getting beaten by Richards for the goal, although it never should have resulted in a goal.

Clichy - 5. You feel like he is always living on the edge. he defended well for 40 minutes against Wright-Phillips and then, bang, he gets turned like an amateur, then was pretty good for a long period, and then, bang, went to pieces in that crazy 10 minute spell. Attacked really poorly also.

Fabregas - 6. Played some clever passes, but looked extremely jaded the whole game.

Song - 7. Won so many tackles, in fact made Adebayor his ***** for most of the game, but let himself down when Richards beat him for Bellamy's goal. Although it should be noted Richards was extremely fortunate the way the ball bounced of his left foot in beating Song, it looked intentional but clearly wasn't.

Denilson - 4. Waste of space. Made poor decision, after poor decision. Gave away countless needless freekicks, and his passing was poor as per usual. Liability.

Bendtner - 3. Worst player on the pitch. He did look tired after his efforts for Denmark, but he's not good enough full stop.

Van Persie - 7. Had a really poor start to the game. Couldn't get the ball under control, missed a few openings that nearly prersented themselves because he couldn't decide what to do with the ball. Around the 30th minute mark he started to get into the game, and some of his little touches and passes were sublime. Awesome goal, deserves credit for doing it when it mattered. Still getting over the fact that he had a free kick 20 yards out, quite cntral and he didn't shoot! Crazy, he's supposed to be good at them. Watch him thrive when he has Arshavin, Walcott, Rosicky, Fabregas and Nasri to work with. He's at about 50% capability at the moment.

Diaby - 6. Some nice touches, some nice skills, but ultimately lots of nothingness, and rubbish. Incredibly slow in his decision-making, and it has no place in our team.

Subs

Eboue - 5. Dumb-dumb.

Rosicky - 7. His intelligence shone like a beacon of hope for the season ahead!

Eduardo - 6. Didn't do much, but still looked a class up from Bendtner and co.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
jay-d said:
QS can I please ask you. Did you see Denilson 3 times LET a player with the ball go past him? Honestly I don't know why some respect you on here, your Bias against Gallas and Diaby and Bias for Denilson is Shocking. I'm just glad Wenger agreed with most Regarding Denilson today and hauled his useless arse of early.
Noticed this as well. Very obvious from Qs's ratings.

I was very glad AW took Denilson off early once he saw he was really poor, but taking off Song really changed the game. No choice since we need to go for broke though.

Those slow jogging tracking back runs was shocking though. Can someone make a gif of that video where he let Bellamy run past him and he jogged back?

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Almunia- 4
Sagna- 5
Gallas- 6
Vermaelen- 7 (Came forward with the ball well and distributed it nicely, good shot too)
Clichy- 4 (Poor, I have come to expect better from him)
Bendtner- 4
Denilson- 4
Song- 7 (taking him off killed our shape, shows how important he has become. Loose him and we are royally ****ed)
Fabregas- 6
Diaby- 5
Van Persie- 6 (Did well not to react to Ade, I would have)

Rosicky- 7 (Stay fit, please god keep him fit. I don't ask for much!)
Eboue- 5
Eduardo- 5

Captain

Established Member
Clrnc said:
jay-d said:
QS can I please ask you. Did you see Denilson 3 times LET a player with the ball go past him? Honestly I don't know why some respect you on here, your Bias against Gallas and Diaby and Bias for Denilson is Shocking. I'm just glad Wenger agreed with most Regarding Denilson today and hauled his useless arse of early.
Noticed this as well. Very obvious from Qs's ratings.

I was very glad AW took Denilson off early once he saw he was really poor, but taking off Song really changed the game. No choice since we need to go for broke though.

Those slow jogging tracking back runs was shocking though. Can someone make a gif of that video where he let Bellamy run past him and he jogged back?

Most people are biased in their match reviews. I happen to think that Denilson did well to cover the angle on that instance people keep going on about when Bellamy blew past him (if it is the one I a thinking of).

Have a look at where Wright Phillips runs from and what Rosicky is doing on their fourth goal.

kazu

Denilson is pure crap, if I were Fabregas, Arshavin or RVP, I would be disgusted to play with him.

Headless as Diaby can be (except when facing his own goal), he can still offer something going forward. Only god knows how Denilson and Lucas ever played for Brazil! Please sell him or let Diaby break his legs in training, it's painful watching him..

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
kazu said:
Denilson is pure crap, if I were Fabregas, Arshavin or RVP, I would be disgusted to play with him.

Headless as Diaby can be (except when facing his own goal), he can still offer something going forward. Only god knows how Denilson and Lucas ever played for Brazil! Please sell him or let Diaby break his legs in training, it's painful watching him..

Ok now you're over-reacting.

kazu

haha! rather him than nasri right... watching denilson give away ball after ball really makes me pissed.

he tries hard enough all right but i think at this level you need more than just pure hard work. he has a bit of everything but it is really just a bit, i'm afraid.

lagos

Established Member
Almunia - 3

clichy 4

Gallas 6 -

Vermaelen 6 -

Sagna - 4

Denilson - 6

Fabs 6 -

Song 7 -

Bentdner 4

RVP - 6

Diaby - 6

Rosickly - 8

gstew

Almunia - 4 First goal was a total and complete embarassment

clichy 6 - I don't blame him for goal 2 as Cesc put him an an untenable position

Gallas 7 - Had a decent game

Vermaelen 7.5 - Had a good game

Sagna - 6 Average

Denilson - 5.5 Not good enough again

Fabs - 6 His passing was quite poor, but has anyone else noticed that he seems a little quicker and faster this season? He no longer seems slow to me.

Song - 8 Would have been a 9 if not for his whiff against Richards. His only mistake in the game, but a huge one. MOTM

Bentdner - 4.5 Horrendous passing. Where is the player from the pre-season who looked so good?

RVP - 6.5 Great goal and some other nice plays. But his decision-making is driving me crazy. Of all our players he is the one that needs to just turn and shoot when he has even the slightest opening. He should watch Rooney tapes.

Diaby - 2 I think that I might be giving him too high a rating.

ROSICKY - 8 Excellent.

Wenger - 2 His persistence with D & D is truly baffling. I believe that we have good squad depth, so I don't understand his selection process. Also, to play our style we need at least 2 of Cesc, Arsh, Rosicky and Wilshere at all times. These players break down defenses. Without at least a couple of them on the field our opponents can sit behind the ball with no worries. When I saw we started with just one (Cesc), I knew we were screwed. Possession without creating chances is almost meaningless.

And I was also baffled by his pulling of Song. Unless there is an injury possibility you don't pull off your best player. Take your best player off and leave your worst player (Diaby) on for 90 minutes?!? What is he thinking?

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia 5 - Fed up of him and his awful mistakes. Sort it out, Almunia!
Sagna 6 - Same old story with him. Faultless in defence, offers nothing in attack.
Gallas 6.5 - Unlucky to concede 4, he did OK.
Vermaelen 6.5 - Same as Gallas, really.
Clichy 5 - Poor when in attack, poor in defence.
Bendtner 6 - Forced a great save at the end, but didn't really see that much of him during the game.
Denilson 6.5 - Looked energetic and very good when he was on.
Song 7 - Another good performance from Song, he done exactly what he's suppose to.
Fabregas 6 - Didn't see nearly enough of him
Diaby 6 - Poor in truth, offered nothing really.
Van Persie 6.5 - Good goal - looked like our main threat to score from.

Rosicky 7.5 - Amazing considering his situation. Looked absolutely class.

Anzac

Established Member
I think Song was knackered when Richards did him,
likewise with Rosicky not chasing Bellamy back for their last(????) - he's only just started playing again so IMO he's not match fit, let alone fit enough to play B2B alongside Cesc in a 424.

Goonereagle

Rosicky was no doubt tired, and has an excuse.

As for the rest; City players had midweek games too and they were sprintin' back to the win the ball off us. Song isn't the quickest (or most determind) and his tacklin' isn't that intelligent. De Jong showed him how it should be done.

Goonereagle

Yeah, but that's what some attackin' players do. Sometimes they hope for the defence to get a tackle in, then they'll be in an advantages position for the counter attack.

kamikaze80

Established Member
lol at rosicky being too knackered to track back on the last goal. no, he just couldnt be bothered. if, after 25 minutes of playing, he physically couldnt sprint back knowing that a goal would surely result if he didnt, then we should release him because he's useless. that goal was 100% his fault.

almunia - 5

sagna - 7
gallas - 7
vermaelen - 7
clichy - 4

fabregas - 5
song - 7
denilson - 5 - did he even play?

bendtner - 4 - not a good day
diaby - 2 - wow, he was beyond useless in attack and defence - how was he not subbed off??
van persie - 6 - great considering the **** surrounding him. very well-taken goal.

rosicky - 5 - the goal scored was irrelevant because of the goal he single-handedly conceded
eduardo - 3 - not really his fault, though
eboue - 5 - way to make your ex-dancing buddy look good as soon as you get on the pitch...

wenger - 2 - i have no idea what he was thinking with his subs. if song was knackered, then it should've been rosicky > song, eduardo > diaby. as it were, we lost our grip on the match when we had 10 men on the pitch (diaby was effectively a citeh player) and only 1 CM.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Goonereagle said:
Yeah, but that's what some attackin' players do. Sometimes they hope for the defence to get a tackle in, then they'll be in an advantages position for the counter attack.
rosicky was 10 yards in front of swp when clichy lost the ball and ended up 20 yards behind him. he watched swp run right past him with the ball, with clichy 10 yards behind him and decided he'd rather go walkabout.

banduan

Established Member
Almunia 4 - should really do better
Sagna 4 - was mostly terrible
Gallas 5 - along with others at fault for 2 goals
Vermaelen 6 - no standout errors
Clichy 3 - dire. just not there.
Bendtner 4 - effort was in but passing uncreative
Denilson 4 - dawdled too long on the ball
Song 6 - should not have let Richards through so easy, but good overall
Fabregas 5 - injury made him look pedestrian, at fault for last goal
Diaby 4 - back to last season's diaby