• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 31/01/07

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 7 - Good saves early on but a bit lost for their goal.

Hoyte 7 - Solid as ever.

Toure 7 - Caught out a few times, looks like the fixture pile up is getting to him. Did well at the end.

Senderos 8 - A rock, our best defender.

Traore 6 - Good going forward but terrible defending. Even Ghaly got past him.

Walcott 6 - Better than his last game but his decision making has to improve.

Denilson 8 - Not as good as in the first leg but still a very impressive performance, considering the number of competitive games he has played in England.

Gilberto 8 - Great to have him back, did some vital defensive work for us.

Diaby 7 - Some very good moments. Drifted in and out of the game but that's normal considering how long he's been out for.

Aliadiere 8 - Held the ball up well, worked hard all night and got the goal he deserved.

Adebayor 7 - Not his best game because he didn't keep it simple. But his head never dropped and he still scored.

Subs:

Rosicky 9 - Completely changed the game with his quick passing and movement when he came on.

Clichy 9 - A monster. I lost count of how many times he beat 3 or 4 players on that left wing.

Fabregas 6 - Didn't look too bothered until he started showboating at the end.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Kind of agree, though I wouldn't give Traore a 6. Defending like that for a defender is not good enough. 5

go49oner

Established Member
Almunia- 7

Toure-7

Philip- 8

Traore-6

Gilberto-9 MOTM

Denilson- 8

Walcott- 5

Diaby- 7

Ali-7

Ade- 7

Subs

Rosicky- 8

Cesc-6

Clichy-7

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 7 - Good saves early on, I dont think he could do much with their

Hoyte 7 - very solid, I'm really starting to like this guy, getting more confident and composed with each game
Toure 7 - Solid enough, tiring
Senderos 7.5 - strong, heroic showing
Traore 6 - Good going forward but suspect defending

Walcott 6 - Slightly better than before, poor set pieces
Denilson 8 - Impressive MotM performance, strong, quick, technicaly accomplished, great shot - bright future
Gilberto 8 - great return, battled all night
Diaby 7 - certainly has confidence, some lovely moments

Aliadiere 7 - Worked hard for the team, well taken goal
Adebayor 7 - again worked hard but poor in front of goal until he scored. nice assist for Rossi

Subs:
Rosicky 8 - instant impact, lovely goal
Clichy 8 - Mini-Theirry when it comes to dribbling, also changed the game in our favour
Fabregas 6 - took it easy really

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Almunia: 7.5. Couldn’t do too much about the goal but immaculate otherwise.
Traore: 4.5. Not bad going forward but beaten far too easily in 1 v 1s. Has the pace and power to stop any winger going at him, so needs to learn to position his feet better to stop it happening in the future. Big prospect nonetheless imo.
Toure: 7. Typical, enthusiastic performance from our stalwart.
Senderos: 8. Aside from being megged at the end of the 90 by Mido, an excellent performance.
Hoyte: 7. His attacking game is coming on leaps and bounds but he made two bad errors in the first half. Good game defensively otherwise.
Gilberto: 8. Excellent game. Shielded the defense brilliantly, won possession many times and kept the midfield ticking along nicely.
Denilson: 8. Very impressive, a few silly tackles but the boy seems to have everything.
Diaby: 7. Flitted in and out of the game but produced quite a few moments of absolutely sublime play. He’s got bags of talent, just needs to work on his overall game.
Walcott: 5.5. Very short on confidence. A bit better than his last two league cup outings but still way short of his best. Theo of 2 or 3 months ago would have finished the game as a contest in the second half.
Adebayor: 7.5. Good game. Worked the Sp**s defence hard and tucked away the goal superbly.
Aliadiere: 7.5. Good game also. Tirelessly chased and harrassed the Sp**s defence and midfield and made it easy for the team to pressurise Sp**s high up the pitch. Superb finish.

Clichy: 8.5. Wasn’t really tested defensively but showed how excellent he can be going forward.
Rosicky: 9 (MOTM). Made the difference. Brilliant.
Fabregas: 7. Not at his best but didn’t need to be, controlled the play nicely.

qs

Established Member
Almunia 7 Did well maybe could've been better for the goal
Toure 7 good game, pushed forward well too
Senderos 8 "Away by Senderos" heard it all night
Traore 7 good game before he got injured. Really impressed me
Gilberto 7 good solid game
Denilson 9 did everything. Passing was incredible, he was strong and comfortable on the ball, wetn past defenders, had a couple of shots MOTM for me
Walcott6 good movement off the ball, was good on the ball but his final ball was terrible all night.
Diaby8 looked strong and skillful as well, kept the ball well and his passing was nice too.
Ali7 was pretty good, took his goal well, worked hard but could've been a bit more involved
Ade 7 alot of wasteful play early on but his goal and alot of effort made up for it

Rosicky8 Made a huge impact, his skill and hard work really paid off
Fab 7 usual Fab, worked hard and played well but didn't have enough time to really take a hold of the game
Clichy8 was brillaint aswell. As good a performance as you could ask for from him. Hows your ankle Ashley?

asajoseph

Established Member
Pretty much agree with everything you've got there Gurgen, particularly your recognition for Aliadiere and Senderos.

otfgoon

Established Member
Almunia 7 - Pretty solid thoughout the game.

Traore 6 - Seemed to get better defensively as the game went on, good going forward.

Hoyte 8 - Solid, looking like a quality player :shock:

Toure 7 - Was marking Mido so its his responsibility really, otherwise a solid game.

Senderos 7 - Solid

Diaby 7 - Still not fully fit but thought he was terrific, definately adds something different to the midfield.

Denilson 8 - This guy is brillaint. His shooting and passing ability is terrific. Hopefully he gets his chance in the league now.

Walcott 6 - Not going to be too harsh on the lad and the runs he was making were good. Needs to get out of this dip if he's going to play in the league for us.

Ali 7 - Starting to believe in the lad, great finish, lively all night.

Ade 7.5 - Finishing a bit off but was great all night.

Thomas 8, Clichy 7, Cesc 6.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Almunia-7
Hoyte-7
Senderos-7.5
Toure-7.
Traore-6
Walcott-6
Diaby-7
Gilberto-7.5
Denilson-8
Aliadere-7
Adebayor-7

Rosicky-8
Clichy-8
Fabregas-7

Man of the match-Denilson

otfgoon

Established Member
The Sun mush use a random generator for these ratings. I refuse to believe someone actually gives these out after watching the match.

sesquioxide

Ice Berg legend said:
Adebayor 7 - .... nice assist for Rossi

Am I correct, Ice Berg legend, to say that this is possibly the first time that a midfielder scored from an Adebayor knock down?

It seems like a terrible waste to me that very few in our team can take advantage of this dimension of Adebayor's play.

lagos

Established Member
The sun's ratings are always crap

Almunia- 7
Hoyte -7
Toure-7
Philip- 8
Traore-5
Gilberto-8
Denilson- 8
Walcott- 5
Diaby- 7
Ali-7
Ade- 7

Subs

Rosicky- 8
Cesc-6
Clichy-8

Rocha 10

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Alumnia: 7
Pretty good game, though the goal I thought he was a bit weak on. Still, he's getting a lot better

Hoyte: 7
I really like this guy, and I think both him and Eboue are bennefitting from the challenge they're giving each other for the right back spot. So great to have a local youngster come through the ranks and establish himself as a worthy member of the squad. Has never slated the club and being rewarded for his persistence.

Toure: 7
What an athelete, 100% in every game

Senderos: 7
Some of his passing was wayward but he read the game excellently last night, we've got some talented Defenders at Arsenal. I like them all

Traore: 6
A few lapses, but another really promising youngster. He'll sort them out in the coming years and him and Clichy will provide each other with healthy competition. It stops complacency. A typical Wenger full back, ie.....****ing fast!!

Gilberto: 7
Defensive wall as per usual. Gave the ball away though a bit last night. Once just after we conceded and gave possession straight back to Sp**s when we were on the ropes a bit. Unlike him as he's usually our cool head. Other than that, Mr Reliable

Denilson: 8
Wenger, you are a god amongst men. We have an embarrasment of riches in the centre of midfield and this little gem is quickly rising to the top.

Diaby: 7
Was quite a colossus at certain points. Kept the ball really well. And some of them glimpses of skill....Paddy anyone?

Walcott: 6
Suffering from lack of confidence, his final ball was poor, and that was the worst display of corner kick taking I have ever seen from a top level player. But we got faith in you kid, you're gonna come good.

Aliadiere: 7
Worked really hard all night, ran his socks off and great finish when the chance came his way

Adebayor: 7
Well taken goal, worked hard, is a great physical presence up front holding the ball up. His finishing particularly when shooting from range was bloody awful :lol:

Rosicky: 8
Class class class act

Clichy: 8
When this guy runs at defenders I want to wet myself with excitement

Fabregas: 7
Is there an Arsenal fan that doesn't love Cesc?

Henry: 9
Threw some nice shapes with Ade, has a new jacket for every occasion!

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia 7 - Another very solid performance

Hoyte 7 - ^^^^

Toure 6 - Not great by his standards tbh, and his marking has to improve.

Senderos 8 - Brilliant all night.

Traore 5 - Meh, really don't see what all the fuss is about. Decent at best going forward and is about on par with C.Ronaldo defensively..

Walcott 5 - Theo Theo Theo. Feel a little sorry for him.. still trying too hard.

Denilson 7 - Calm, composed and likes a tackle. Can shoot also. He'll make it here for certain.

Gilberto 7 - Trademark sloppy passes but trademark defensive work too. Great to have him back.

Diaby 6.5 - So strong, and so much skill. Decision making was off at times, but decent game all things considered.

Aliadiere 7 - I really like him. Great goal and a really intelligent striker. Glad we decided to keep him, atleast for a little longer.

Adebayor 5.5 - Despite his goal I thought he was pretty poor.

Subs:

Rosicky 9 - Changed the game and was too much for Sp**s to handle. Hitting the post from 5 yards out was criminal though! :lol:

Clichy 9 - BEAST.

Fabregas 6 - Never needed to come out of first gea... reverse gear even. :lol:

Mostarac

Established Member
Almunia 7, Traore 6, Toure 7, Senderos 8, Hoyte 7, Denilson 7, Diaby 7, Gilberto 8, Walcott 6, Aliadiere 8 and Adebayor 7.

Rohit

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
Senderos: 7
Some of his passing was wayward but he read the game excellently last night, we've got some talented Defenders at Arsenal. I like them all

That was the best i have seen Senderos distribute the ball from the back in an Arsenal shirt.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom