• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic | 24/01/06

asajoseph

Established Member
Ah, the old 'straight-line down the middle of the pitch' ploy. Ingenious. They'll never see it coming...

A

Anonymous

When has Arsenal had true width in the last ...

Sometimes, you have to hope that even though people know whats coming, they will simply be unable to deal with it. Like Bolton for instance.

raphael_as

longrufus said:
Campbell was also at fault for the Beattie goal, at first was out of position, then he was slow to realise the danger and cover round.
Not sure if this is a typo, but if not then we're rating the game against Wigan not Everton, and if it is then both Senderos and Campbell were at fault for the Roberts goal since both were there and neither made the clearance or tackle. Further both Senderos and Campbell were equally guilty of manhandling Roberts all night, and either could (I'd even say should) have given away a penalty, both made ridiculous schoolboy mistakes (of course this is more forgiveable for Senderos since he is a schoolboy, but again we're rating the actual performance).

For me the differense was that I saw Campbell make great tackles and take the ball of Roberts and Bullard's toes a couple of times as they was bearing down on goal - I can't remember any instances where Senderos did that (not saying there weren't any, just I can't remember them, thus Campbell gets more points then Senderos).

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
agreed. although i've been standing for senderos, for the game against wigan, i rate sol slightly higher than senderos.

Ruslan Matuzau

Kha0z said:
Ruslan Matuzau said:
Kha0z said:
I accept your obvious resignation.
its time to admit that you are Hleb's secret fan. :lol:

Rofl.

Ok, your light hearted attitude has reached me.

I like Hleb, BUT he's not given the best account of himself.

I make no bones about it..

He's in my Arsenal team.. for Fifa, not the true first team.
I had hoped that he would cope better with the premier league, I said so before he came. But It seems my initial faith in Hleb was misplaced in general.

-----------------------Ady-----------------------RVP

< ---------Henry----[Lurking]--------Reyes------------------>

------------------------Hleb

------------------Diaby------Flamini-------------------

--------- Cole Toure Campbell

Lehmann...

Now here - :) Take the damm smile and stop infecting me with your niceness.
Hleb still got time to get your heart :lol:

A

Anonymous

Yes.

Authentic innocence gets under my skin.

I'm aided by the fact that most people in the world are unable to engage in such acts.

Leave me alone, Bully.

sabret00the

Established Member
Kha0z said:
When has Arsenal had true width in the last ...

Sometimes, you have to hope that even though people know whats coming, they will simply be unable to deal with it. Like Bolton for instance.
funnily enough, i solely blame the one dimentionalness of our play on this factor. i think that if we had winger able to provide width we could mix it up and nulify the effects of a 4-5-1 packed midfield.

A

Anonymous

Sabre, We've been saying that for quite a feckin while in about 60 damm threads.

That's why that little blasted formation I posted a while ago, was simply a better version of using what we have, and just not giving a feck like Wenger is doing with his rigid 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 tactics.

The closest Arsenal have to wingers is Quincy and Walcott.

mjkgooner

Viper said:
OneProudGooner said:
Almunia 7
Gilbert 8
Lauren 6
Senderos 3
Campbell 5
Hleb 7
Reyes 7
Diaby 7
Gilberto 7
Bergkamp 4
Henry 7

Subs
Pires 6
Flamini 6
Van persie 7
Yep I pretty much agree with you, but I'd give Campbell a 4.

yeah i have to agree.

sidenote: I went to the game and sat in Row 11, Block G of the East stand Lower, if anyone else on here was sitting near there i have to apology as i know that the amount of swearing i did was uncalled for but i was just so pumped for the game as the league cup is the only games i can go to now a days and we did lose a semi-final in the last minute, it still hurts to think about it. Well i just want to apologies to anyone i offended or upset, that is if there is anyone.

asajoseph

Established Member
Just out of interest, about 15-20 minutes in (my memory's fading a little), I was sitting in the corner near the Wigan fans and saw a load of them coming over towards us, the police and stewards getting stuck in and a load of guys getting arrested. Because I was watching the game, I didn't really see what happened - anyone else see that?

mjkgooner

Yeah, i was really close to that, it looked like a few of our fans had got into their end but the police moved in pretty quick.

Tegh

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Just out of interest, about 15-20 minutes in (my memory's fading a little), I was sitting in the corner near the Wigan fans and saw a load of them coming over towards us, the police and stewards getting stuck in and a load of guys getting arrested. Because I was watching the game, I didn't really see what happened - anyone else see that?
Were you in the Clock End?

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom