• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 24/01/07

kel varnsen

Established Member
almunia - 6. one great save and a decent game, but. not sure what happened at the first goal though.

hoyte - 7. solid game and a great assist to baptista.

senderos - 6. decent, but a complete mess at times in the first half.

toure - 6. solid, but let berbatov sneak behind him for the goal.

traore - 5,5. ok, but struggled with lennon quite a bit.

walcott - 2. very, very poor. disappointing.

cesc - 8. decent first half and a very good second half.

denilson - 7,5. played well throughout.

diaby - 6. some nice touches and made an effort, but sloppy passing at times and made the wrong decisions a few times on the ball.

baptista - 6. very poor game, but scored two good goals. should have scored a third though.

aliadiere - 6. worked hard and linked up well.

hleb - 8. shame he got injured. changed the game for us. calm and creative on the ball. very good movement off the ball and excelent passing.

eboue - 8. very good until he got injured as well. very composed and wasn't afraid to take on the defenders.

qs

Established Member
almunia - 5 Completley to blame for the first goal. One decent save after that didn't make up for it IMO

hoyte - 7. good game. some nice crosses, defending was alright after Sp**s sat abck

senderos - 7 Solid again

toure - 8 great really pushed forward as well as solid defending. The goal wasnt his fault, Almunia shouted at him.

traore - 6 bad first half hour settled a bit then

walcott - 6 was better when he moved up front, tried but not much worked out for him

cesc - 9 great agme, he was everywhere

denilson - 8 very good game, good defensively comfortable on the ball not afriad to shoot. i like him alot

diaby - 5. passing was terrible and he looked miles off the pace. To be expected after 9 months out though

baptista - 8 mediocre first half and some bad luck but a great second half

aliadiere - 5 never got into it

hleb -7 made the difference on the left, looked comfortable and composed did everything Diaby hadn't been dong

eboue - 8 great sort of restored my faith in him.

sabret00the

Established Member
almunia - 6- don't shout if you're not coming.

hoyte - 6 - solid, great cross though.

toure - 7 - bar the goal misunderstanding had a decent game.

senderos - 7 - bar a miskick had a good game

traore - 5 - i can't believe this is the same guy i saw looking fabulous in the reserves.

walcott - 4 - Arsenal Holdings PLC announce they have bought the rights to the "Where's Wally" books, however they've further announced plans to rebrand the books as "Where's out £12m". the guy appears to be going backwards.

Fabregas - 7 - misplaced passes in the first, less in the second but definitely occupied their three central mids - MOTM

Denilson - 7 - Strong, played well, seems to have an understanding of the pace of the game, few misplaced passes but definitely looking like a mighty prospect.

Diaby - 3 - Still too early for the head, he was atrocious.

Aliadiere - 5 - Largely anonymous

Baptista - 5 - His rating without the goals would've been up for some debate. Really can't be here next season.

nazo

Established Member
Almunia: 6
Hoyte: 8 Solid and good assist.
Toure: 7 At fault for the first goal but better later in the game.
Senderos: 7 Solid.
Traore: 6 Struggled but good.
Theo: 3 Very bad game.
Cesc: 9 doesn't need explanation.
Denilson: 9 fantastic.
Diaby: 6 some nice touches but his passes were bad.
Ali: 6 tried but got injured.
Baptista: 8 for the goals that got us the draw.

Hleb: 6 made an impact but got injured.
Eboue: 7 very good but got injured.
Flamini: N/A not much time.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5 Stunning save that kept us in it. Dunno what he was doing for the first Sp**s goal though.
Traore - 5 Meh, I'm not convinced. Didn't think he was particularly good against Liverpool and tonight Lennon had him on toast.
Senderos - 7 Again a completely unexplainable swipe at air but solid otherwise.
Toure - 6.5 Solid all night but cost us a goal.
Hoyte - 6.5 Good game. Getting better and better I feel.
Walcott - 3 Well, he managed to get kitted up atleast :lol:..
Fabregas - 7 Looks a class above everyone else these days.
Denilson - 7 I likey. Alot like Fabregas, and not afraid to get stuck in. That volley technique was faultless.
Diaby - 6 Typical of how he played before his injury.. as many poor moments as brilliant ones.
Baptista - 7 First touch sucks at times but he got the goals which was what required. Will get his chance with RVP injured.
Ali - 5 Didn't really noticed him much tbh, which can't be a good thing.

Mostarac

Established Member
Almunia 6, Traore 5, Toure 6, Senderos 6, Hoyte 7, Diaby 6, Denilson 8, Cesc 8, Walcott 5, Aliadiere 5 and Baptista 8.

BannedKwame

Almunia - 6.5
Traore - 6
Senderos - 7.5
Toure - 7
Hoyte - 6.5
Walcott - 4
Fabregas - 6.5
Denilson - 7
Diaby - 5
Baptista - 7.5
Aliadiere - 7

Eboue - 8
Hleb - 9

dublingunner

Established Member
Almunia - 7.5 Deserves a good mark for that save, and was calm as usual, but yes he has to shoulder some blame for their first goal.

Hoyte - 7 Good game, defended well and equally importantly, attacked well. That ball for Baptista was cool as Christmas.

Toure - 7 Again, could be partially to blame for Barbatov's goal, but mostly solid otherwise and had one brilliant run up the field. Love those runs!

Senderos - 6 Two words: error and prone. But in between these errors, he can be very good.

Traore - 6 Started quite well but lost out to Lennon all night long. It's not easy defending Lennon though.

Walcott - 3 Poor. Very poor. Luckily we know he'll improve vastly. Needs to start not being afraid to do the simple thing.

Fabregas - 8 Once again, immense. Running out of superlatives for the guy, would have got higher if he hadn't given the ball away a few times. We just don't expect that from him.

Denilson - 7 Thought he was a bit nervous or not clicking in the first half, but improved greatly in line with the team performance in the second half. Very encouraging.

Diaby - 5 Disappointing but not overly so as he's been out so long and he's obviously got to settle in again. Played out of position also.

Aliadiere - 6 Didn't have much to feed on while he was on the pitch. Tried hard though.

Baptista - 7.5 Credit to him, he's a goalscorer for sure, he's got a great mentality and he finally looks settled in. Hopefully he'll get a few more games now with players out.

Subs:
Hleb - 7.5 Had a huge impact for the short time he was on, looked much better than he did against Man Utd, twisting, turning, completing passes. Hope he'll be back soon.

Eboue - 7 Did well for us and looked bright and dangerous. Could be a great option on the wing with Hleb out.

Flamini - 4 Poor. Played dangerous balls, gave it away and had no offensive input. Although for alot of the time he was on we were playing containment.

Viper

Established Member
Diaby was hardly shocking. He had a couple of decent touches on the ball. Granted he looked off the pace, but the lad has been injured for almost a year ffs!

His decision making was fairly poor, but over time I'm sure he'll be a great midfielder. He was also being played out of position, so you can't really blame him.

How can you expect a midfielder like him to impress on the wings?

Almunia 6 - Great save to deny Defoe, but should've done better for Berbatov's goal.

Hoyte 7 - Played fairly well. Nice assist.

Toure 7.5 - Solid, but he should've done better when Berbatov scored.

Senderos 7 - Panicked at times, but put in some great tackles.

Troare 5 - Lennon ghosted passed him with ease in almost every 1-on-1 situation.

Walcott 4 - Very disappointing. Lost the ball, couldn't dribble, missed an easy chance. I hope this is a one off.

Diaby 6 - Had a couple of decent touches on the ball and but did look off the pace. But I didn't expect him to play a blinder for two reasons. A: Came back from a 10 month injury. B: He was being played out of position.

Fabregas 8 - Fantastic. Worked hard, pulled the strings in midfield. Great ball to Hoyte which led to the goal.

Denilson 8 - Very impressive, aggressive, not afraid to get stuck in. His passing is also very good. That was a cracking effort (the 30 yard volley). I hope to see more of that.

Aliadiere 5.5 - Never really got in the game.

Baptista 7 - Poor first half, improved second half. Two goals means we can win to reach the finals.

Hleb 8 - Fantastic. Changed the game when he came on. He showed great vision and passing. I would've liked for him to have a couple of shots though - he had a couple of opportunities to smash it outside the box, but he decided to play a 1-2 but resulted in losing the ball. :\

Eboue 8 - Like Hleb, he changed the game. He was a drastic improvement over Walcott and his pace, strength and willingness to run at Sp**s' LB was nice to see. He played a part in creating the first goal.

lagos

Established Member
almunia - 6. at fault for 1st goal. I think he also contributed to the defense loosing confidence, but improved and pulled off crucial save

hoyte - 7. Good display

senderos - 6. Had 1 or 2 Senderos moments

toure - 7 improved as game went on

traore - 5 was found wanting a couple of times

walcott - 3. with all the will in the world for him to do well he was utterly dissapointing. couldn't beat his markers all night long. Looked out of his depth

cesc - 8. 5 what are we going to do without this kid?

denilson - 7.5. Impressive

diaby - 6. ok looked a little rusty which is expected, played out of position

baptista - 7. own goal affected him but credit to him he shook it off in the second half

aliadiere - 5

hleb - 7 had immediate impact on game

eboue - 8. Instant impact

qs

Established Member
Viper said:
Diaby was hardly shocking. He had a couple of decent touches on the ball. Granted he looked off the pace, but the lad has been injured for almost a year ffs!

His decision making was fairly poor, but over time I'm sure he'll be a great midfielder. He was also being played out of position, so you can't really blame him.

How can you expect a midfielder like him to impress on the wings?

I'm giving him the benefit of the the doubt because he was out for s long and out of position tonight but his passings was that bad before he got injured and I'd be surprised if its any better by the end of the season.

Good dribbler though

jay-d

Established Member
The attitude of many on here is getting really annoying, Not just in this thread but in general. Such as slating Walcott and considering him a waste of money, he's 17 FFS a boy in football terms. And Baptista, he scores goals, that's enough but still there are those who want him gone for one reason or the other. Seriously a lot of you must have really sad lives.

qs

Established Member
jay-d said:
The attitude of many on here is getting really annoying, Not just in this thread but in general. Such as slating Walcott and considering him a waste of money, he's 17 FFS a boy in football terms. And Baptista, he scores goals, that's enough but still there are those who want him gone for one reason or the other. Seriously a lot of you must have really sad lives.

You see if they criticize before the game then they don't want to take it back. Plus they expect instant results from players no matter how they are or what age. Sure they're complaining Lennon got the better of traore. Some people here just don't live in the real world.

otfgoon

Established Member
Almunia - 6. Solid

Hoyte - 7. He's managed to gain my trust with recent performances, this one one of his best.

Traore - 7. Only 17 but done well considering he was up against Lennon.

Toure - 6. Actually had a really good game in the end but cant forget the first goal.

Senderos - 6. Shakey at first but got better as the game went on.

Theo - 4. Absolutely terrible. Only 17 though.

Cesc - 9.5. Enough said.

Denilson - 8.5. Was brilliant, defensivly reminicent of Bertie and passing was immaculate.

Diaby - 5. Off the pace, and out of position. Some good touches, should help him get back to full fitness.

Baptista - 7. Dire in the first half, but scored a hattrick in the end, as always getting himself into the box.

Ali - 5.5. Poor today, gave the ball away too often, on or two decent moments though.

SUBS

Hleb - 7. Helped change the game, was terrific in the short time he was on. Hope he's not out for too long.

Eboue - 7. Also was terrific when he came on up untill he picked up that knock. Can easily fill in for Hleb if he isnt injured himself.

Mark

Established Member
Almunia - 6 - Not quite as good as he can be, and arguably to blame for the first goal, but made a great save late on from Defoe.

Hoyte - 6.5 - Sp**s had zero threat down the left, so he had little to do in that respect, nice run and pass for our second.

Traore - 6 - Struggled against Lennon, but will be a good learning experience for him. Showed glimpses of what he could be. Will get better.

Toure - 6 - Also partially to blame for the first goal, but was otherwise pretty good, and lead by example getting forward well.

Senderos - 6.5 - Some anxious moments, but pretty solid really.

Walcott - 5 - Really did nothing all game. Needs desperately to bulk up a bit, then he can be better, but for now he's clearly got some talent but cannot impose himself on games physically. Too easily brushed off the ball.

Diaby - 6.5 - Thought it was odd that he was playing on the left, but I was pretty pleased with him really. Good passing, great on the ball and fashioned a few chances. Unlucky to go off, but I suppose he's only just come back.

Fabregas - 8.5 - Another top display, and another result almost single handedly orchestrated by him. Involved in everything good we did. Can't say much more than that or I'll be here forever.

Denilson - 8 - Really impressed with him. Looked much better today than when he was stuck out on the left at Anfield. Looks already like he could be a better option than Flamini and Song. Very similar to Cesc a couple of years ago in that he keeps everything simple and keeps the game moving well. Hope we see more of him.

Aliadiere - 6.5 - Put himself about and did pretty well I thought, shame about his injury.

Baptista - 7 - Unlucky on the own goal, but well done to him for getting us back into it. He's clearly quite lethal in front of goal, but I'm not sure he offers enough to our overall play to be considered a definite purchase. He looks a little slow at times, but we'll see. The potential is clearly there and I liked how hard he worked for the first goal.

Hleb - 7 - Made a good impact when he came on, but sadly wasn't on for long. Hope his injury isn't too serious.

Eboue - 7.5 - Did really well when he came on and caused Sp**s all sorts of problems. A great option to move into midfield if ever needed.

Flamini - 6 - Not much to comment on, wasn't on long.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I thought Diaby did really well tonight, considering.

Wenger played him on the left presumably to ease him back, so he's not in high pressure midfield environment where he might take a bad knock or lose possession dangerously. Now then when he cut inside there were more than a few glimpses of those driving runs that will be the bollocks for us when he gets back up to speed.

To say his passing last season was poor IS bollocks.

qs

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
To say his passing last season was poor IS bollocks.

He made 3 or 4 really good passes last season which gives people who aren't paying enough attention the impression he's a good passer but as with tonight he's always trying to be too clever with the pass and it rarely works out. He loses posession way too much, nearly as much as Song :p

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom