• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 02/01/07

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6. never tested.

hoyte - 7. played well and scored a good goal. made a number of good runs and really offered us a bit of width going forward. needs to work on his final ball though.

senderos - 6. decent, but a bit sloppy on the ball at times.

toure - 6,5. solid.

clichy - 7,5. very good performance. his final ball is improving as well.

hleb - 8. didn't succeed in everything he tried and should take the shot himself more often, but he played very well. creative, mobile and beat his defender often. good game.

cesc - 7. not brilliant, but very good nevertheless. unlucky not to score at least one goal today.

gilberto - 7,5. strong performance yet again.

rosicky - 7,5. good game. a few lovely through passes to hleb, van persie and henry, but should have scored a goal today. it's hard to fathm how he, hleb and cesc aren't scoring more goals. they get into good goalscoring positions on a regular basis...

van persie - 8. played well, but his first touch was a bit sloppy at times. however, redeemed himself with two good goals in the second half.

henry - 8,5. MOM. played very well. not the old 'unstoppable' henry, but he just returned from injury and he was instrumental to our performance today. superb off the ball, held on to the ball very well and his passing game was excelent. nice to see him back.

f4evo

id agree with your ratings, maybe slightly lower for Rosicky, he still should get more involved

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Can't be arsed writing a long spiel at the moment so I'll take a leaf out of SSN's book and write some vague one/two worders:

Lehmann 6. Spectator.
Clichy 6. Okay.
Senderos 7. Steady.
Toure 6.5. Fine.
Hoyte 7.5. Tidy finish.
Rosicky 5.5. Off colour.
Gilberto 8. Excellent. (MOTM)
Fabregas 7.5. Busy.
Hleb 7.5. Threatening.
Henry 7.5. Good performance.
Van Persie 7.5. Two good finishes.

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann 6 - Never tested.
Hoyte 7.5 - Good job.
Toure 7 - Solid.
Senderos 7 - Near solid.
Clichy 7.5 - Good job.
Hleb 7.5 - Good job, creative and some nice runs.
Cesc 7.5 - Pulling strings here and there but should've scored.
Gilberto 7.5 - Another great performance.
Rosicky 7.5 - Same as Hleb, should've scored too.
Robin 8 - Overall good performance, he sealed it with a cheeky nice goal.
Henry 8 - Good return, great passing but should've scored more.

Flamini 6 - Good runs and good passing.
Ali 6 - Some good runs.
Denilson 6 - I like the looks of this kid.

Army of Me

Established Member
lehmann - ? - For all I know he was sat against his goalpost doing his nails.

hoyte - 7 - A good all round performance.

senderos - 6 - Had very little to do.

toure - 6 - Had very little to do, ventured forward a few times trying to get a touch of the ball.

clichy - 6 - Decent performance.

hleb - 8 - Good possession, good passing, good movement, good work-rate.

cesc - 7 - Looked a bit shaky at the beginning but recovered to put in a solid performance.

gilberto - 7 - Broke up their play well.

rosicky - 6 - Not great, but OK enough.

van persie - 8 - Brilliant shift, never stopped trying for 90mins. A constant pain in Charlton's necks.

henry - 5.5 cos I'm a fickle **** - Stopped trying after about 15 mins, still managed to contribute to most of the goals.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Lehmann 6 -
Hoyte 7.5 -
Toure 7 -
Senderos 7 -
Clichy 7.5 -
Hleb 7.5 - .
Cesc 7.5 -
Gilberto 7 - .
Rosicky 7.5 -
Robin 8 -
Henry 8 -

Flamini 6 -
Ali 6 -
Denilson 6 -
:worthy Hoyte for England :worthy

Sammer

Established Member
Army of Me said:

toure - 6 - Had very little to do, ventured forward a few times trying to get a touch of the ball.

cesc - 7 - Looked a bit shaky at the beginning but recovered to put in a solid performance.

van persie - 8 - Brilliant shift, never stopped trying for 90mins. A constant pain in Charlton's necks.

henry - 6 - Stopped trying after about 15 mins, still managed to contribute to most of the goals.

I can´t believe you gave Henry only a 6.5. For the absence time he had, he was brilliant ! Easily an 8 if not higher.

Army of Me

Established Member
Sammer said:
I can´t believe you gave Henry only a 6.5. For the absence time he had, he was brilliant ! Easily an 8 if not higher.
He looked like he hadn't played in over a month, no where near an 8 despite his contribution to the goals.

He was walking around for most of that match, in fact, I might deduct a half mark for that.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lehmann N.A - did nothing except routine training stuffs

hoyte 7 - good game, and a goal

toure 7.5 - again, i see leadership skills in him

senderos N.A - have nothing to do

clichy 7 - good game too

gilberto 6.5 - decent

hleb 7

rosicky 7.5 - very unlucky not to get a goal

cesc 8

rvp 8.5

henry 8

subs
denilson 6
ali 6
flam 5.5

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This Denislon is really something. Shame that teammates didn't pass the ball to the young brazilian more often.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
based on his short time on the pitch. everyone could see he has the potential. good ball control, no fear, decent passing. exactly a young cesc

xxxxxx

Army of Me said:

henry - 5.5 cos I'm a fickle c**t - Stopped trying after about 15 mins, still managed to contribute to most of the goals.

Are you mad? Henry was by far the best player on the pitch today.

Army of Me

Established Member
xxxxxx said:
Are you mad? Henry was by far the best player on the pitch today.
haha noooooooo he wasn't! Hleb was. Henry strolled around like he'd been sat on his arse for 5 weeks.

xxxxxx

I seriously can't believe people are slating this man. See how much better Arsenal plays when Henry is in your side?

nidza7

Established Member
Come on mate,it was Charlton with 10 players.

We`d get far less chances with slightly more serious opositon,and we need to take them.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom