• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 03/01/06

Ruslan Matuzau

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
patrick42uk said:
fair point about the boy being a confidence player. but reyes has put in some atrocious performances in his time here and still had his name ringing round highbury. i wonder also how it makes his team-mates feel when he gets that undesrved praise. i dont expect him to be booed when he plays crap but he shouldnt be rewarded for it.

i just get this feeling that reyes is liked for factors not linked to footballing ability or potential. maybe its because he works hard and has a smile on his face, but then coupled with scoring 15 goals a season wiltord was exactly the same yet he didnt get no special treatment.

I am glad..those who are lucky enough to go to highbury do NOT have your attitude. The first thing in football that any football fans appeciates is the "effort". And if you are having a bad day.which happens in all professions..the fact you gave it all will always give u PROPS. Look at Toure though his position does cause more damage on off-nights,,but you can never take away the heart/passion he puts in the game..and since you already know he has skills..then on off-days you still want to encourage him. Its very f* NATURAL and logical to do that. I am a Pires fan..but i know he will always get stick on bad days at the office cos he has never proven his work rate..and same goes to quite a lot of our french players. So let HIGHBURY clap for Reyes, he works his butt off..gets tired with more defensive work..then you slag him for not creating sh* upfront. Well put him upfront and see for yourself. Even the few times we played with him as the lone striker..you could see how much he tracked back when we lost the ball compared to our captain..who spends most of the time..just walking around..talking to himself.
Great one! :respect

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Whats with this masterbation **** . It seem to me the guys doing the accusing have done a fair bit themselves. What do you reckon Khaoz does in a Lesbian palace? :) Make no mistake everyone on this site mastebates just that some are harder to please than others!

As for Jose he played well , and ,looked as good as any winger or striker on the pitch. When Cole come back it will be a different story .What did Rooney or Ronaldo do ? Ronaldo was up against Cygan remember ? that awe inspiring left back , what did he do ? not much. There were people here masterbating about how good Rooney was "oooh Wayne he is going to be the Fat Pele!" "I love the way his arse jiggles when he flicks ball on !" . :lol: Absoltutely nothing wrong with that , but only those who don't masterbate should throw that stone and thats well, no one on this site.

whoztheman

Tegh said:
One of the most * posts I've ever seen..
Reyes's work-rate, commitment and tracking back resulted in various Utd players, Ronaldo in particular being pressured to get rid of the ball ASAP and make mistakes. Had Reyes not bothered running back, Ronaldo could have skinned Cygan countless numbers of times, and would probably have been upended again, thereby receiving a red card.

Honestly, sometimes the trash some people post is appalling. You make it sound as if Reyes didn't play out of his skin, when he was the guy who was running here, there and everywhere trying to win back posession and create chances. As Kel said, it's not his fault it didn't lead to anything when the person he supplies screws the move up.

The fact you used ''apparently'' with regards to describing Henry's performance begs me to think whether you even watched the game. ''Oh, Henry passed the ball into the box one time more than Reyes did, who worked his ar$e off all game whilst Henry was as effective as sh!t - so yeah, Henry was better.'' I love the logic behind that one, congratulations, seriously.[/quote="Tegh"]

if you had to just deride me you could have done withonly a couple of sentences-dint need to write a long post without any arguments-* or otherwise.

regarding reyes, in a couple of years time-if it isnt too late already-it'll be clear who was right and who was wrong.

oh and btw, its never reyes fault is it? but its always henry's, cygan's and pires fault or at othertimes its the weather, his gf, his mom......

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
So, let's be clear on this, whoztheman, patrick, neither of you have found ANYTHING to be impressed by in Reyes' performances in the last few weeks? As I said before, some of you will always find a reason to criticise.

But I am glad the "he wants to play for Madrid" brigade have gone very quiet. Anyone can see the effort that Reyes puts into his game. If others had demonstrated the same level of commitment over the last 5 months that Reyes has then Arsenal would surely be riding a little bit higher than 5th.

Sammer

Established Member
KingReyes said:
I think the reason Reyes is getting a higher rating than other players is because of his efforts on the defensive end.

King Reyes,

but that is the crucial characteristic that distinguishes Reyes from LeBob (although he played well on Tuesday) and especially Freddie.

Those two provide f*ck all defensive cover in midfield this season, and this is why it is often embarrassing to see our 18-year battling opposition teams as well.

Reyes does exactly what other wingers should do: not only initiate attacks, but work damn hard to get the upper hand in midfield.

Tegh

Established Member
whoztheman said:
Tegh said:
One of the most * posts I've ever seen..
Reyes's work-rate, commitment and tracking back resulted in various Utd players, Ronaldo in particular being pressured to get rid of the ball ASAP and make mistakes. Had Reyes not bothered running back, Ronaldo could have skinned Cygan countless numbers of times, and would probably have been upended again, thereby receiving a red card.

Honestly, sometimes the trash some people post is appalling. You make it sound as if Reyes didn't play out of his skin, when he was the guy who was running here, there and everywhere trying to win back posession and create chances. As Kel said, it's not his fault it didn't lead to anything when the person he supplies screws the move up.

The fact you used ''apparently'' with regards to describing Henry's performance begs me to think whether you even watched the game. ''Oh, Henry passed the ball into the box one time more than Reyes did, who worked his ar$e off all game whilst Henry was as effective as sh!t - so yeah, Henry was better.'' I love the logic behind that one, congratulations, seriously.

if you had to just deride me you could have done withonly a couple of sentences-dint need to write a long post without any arguments-* or otherwise.

regarding reyes, in a couple of years time-if it isnt too late already-it'll be clear who was right and who was wrong.

oh and btw, its never reyes fault is it? but its always henry's, cygan's and pires fault or at othertimes its the weather, his gf, his mom......
The stupidity of your original post is exactly the reason why I had to 'deride' you, and I felt justified in using the term '*'.

It's hard enough adjusting to another league, especially the EPL which is a lot more physical than La Liga, and don't forget he's young, it's a big change, so you can't expect him to click his fingers and have everything alright. It looks as if he's finally past all that now anyway, so we'll see how good he is this season. But up to now, as Sammer and Casbah have pointed out, he's been pivotal in our defensive strategies, and attack. He, Kolo and Cesc give 100% each game, and we need that from others too.

EDIT: What did you do in the first place to ruin the quote's? Damn you! Nevermind I fixed it.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Watched the video of the game last night hoping to see this out of this world performance from Reyes that it appeared I missed at the game.

Didnt see it though.

No shots, no crosses and Neville made sure that either the ball or Reyes got past him, never both. No real attacking threat what so ever. Also gave the ball away plenty of times and some cringe worthy dives.

He effort was second to none, as I said. He did run around a lot, but saying that I expect that.

He had a decent game, and in what was a very uninspired performances from us was one of our better players.

But all this 9/10, our most dangerous player, he was a constant threat, skinned Neville time after time is all a bit silly really, isnt it.

When he actually dominates a game, scores a couple of goals and actually deserves a motm this forum is going to go into meltdown.

Tegh

Established Member
How many of our players took shots? How many shots did we even have without passing it inside the area to walk the ball home.

How many crosses did we make? When we did, was anyone in there? Nope, Lauren crossed into the box early in the second half, Henry was on the wing somewhere not doing much.

Reyes beat his man a number of times, not always on the wing though. There were a few instances when he cut inside in our own half running past two or three Utd players and laying the ball off. However, then we either gave the ball away or moved up the pitch, passed it around the box, and gave it away again.

His pace, and running past players in those examples were an attacking threat, other than Hleb he was our most attacking threat, the rest didn't do much with the ball.

Perhaps 9 is a bit too strong, and an 8 would have sufficed, but I do think he played well and his work-rate and tracking back to aid Cygan proved a pivotal roll in us keeping a clean sheet and Ronaldo from raping Cygan.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Tegh said:
How many of our players took shots? How many shots did we even have without passing it inside the area to walk the ball home.

How many crosses did we make? When we did, was anyone in there? Nope, Lauren crossed into the box early in the second half, Henry was on the wing somewhere not doing much.

Reyes beat his man a number of times, not always on the wing though. There were a few instances when he cut inside in our own half running past two or three Utd players and laying the ball off. However, then we either gave the ball away or moved up the pitch, passed it around the box, and gave it away again.

Pires put in two decent crosses in in the first half, but yeah apart from that we were no threat to utd what so ever, which is kind of my point.

And all this Reyes spent all his time protecting Cygan, I can remember him doubling up with Cygan on Ronaldo once.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rock , Tegh I reckon it is time to stop wasting your breath . This is not about Reyes's performances anymore . More about people wanting to win an argument and being right and it is getting really petty.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Rocky... come on, Reyes ended up so deep, he was BEHIND Cygan on a number of occasions as Pascal went ball watching in midfield.

But yeah, I see with hindsight now that 9 was definitely strong. That said, don't you wish everyone played with Reyes' commitment?

Tegh

Established Member
I agree Celstis, I know what I saw!
The example Rocky gave was a very important one too. It epitomised his defensive performance that night. The calus is starting to bleed, and I have got to learn how to spell that damn word.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom