• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 23/09/06

RC8

Established Member
Jens Lehmann - 7: Solid when needed.
Emmanuel Eboue - 7.5: Assist and defensively solid.
William Gallas - 8: very good defensively, and scored his first goal.
Kolo Toure - 8: excellent both in defense and in attack.
Johan Djourou - 8.5 faultless, and very good going forward.
Gilberto Silva - 6.5: Didn't add much to attack.
Cesc Fabregas - 7: Good, but obviously needs a rest.
Freddie Ljungberg - 6: had a bad game, lacked creativity.
Tomas Rosicky - 7.5: brilliant at times, but lacked end product.
Manu Adebayor - 6.5: lots of effort, but failed to capitalise.
Thierry Henry - 8 (6 in first half): once he was ready, he had a hand in all 3 goals.

Subs:
Robin Van Persie - 6 didn't do much
Aliaksandr Hleb - 6.5 added creativity, but didn't have enough time.
Julio Baptista - 7: impressed with his control of the ball, and sent Henry through perfectly.

Sammer

Established Member
Besides our defense, not too many things worked well today. We didn´t create many chances, and there were numerous bad passes and misunderstandings, therefore:

Lehmann - 7.5
Solid, not much to do

Eboué - 7.5 for his defending and...
4 for his abysmal passing (the assist excluded, of course)

Touré - 8
Rock solid

Djourou - 8
Just like Kolo

Gallas - 8
Who are you Ashley Cole :)

Freddie - 5.5
I said it last season: he is not able to beat his man any more properly. His first touch is so weak compared to Hleb and for me, he was the 1st obvious substitution. His comittment is still there, he tracks back, but Hleb is a different class.

Cesc - 6.5
Average game, too many balls lost for my liking

Gilberto - 7
Solid

Rosicky - 7.5
Great first half and maybe our best player after 45 minutes, but looked knackered after 60 minutes

Abedayor - 7
Great workrate and keeps defenders busy.

Henry - 6
OK, great assist, but other than that he looked far from his old self. Needs match practise to be fully fit again.

godfather

Lehmann got nothing to do??!!
what about that last min save?

Jens 7

Eboue 7
Kolo 7
Djorou 8
Gallas 8

Gilberto 6
Fabregas 6
Ljunberg 5
Rosicky 6

Adebayor 7
Henry 6.5

Goalkeeper

Lehmann 6.5 - Really not much to do, extra .5 for the save at the end.

Eboue 7 - Good cross to Henry at the end. Good to see his final ball is improving.

Djourou 8 - Solid.

Kolo 8 - Solid.

Gallas 8.5 (Motm) - Great goal to get things going for Arsenal. Hope to see more of Gallas' goals in the season. Good defending as well.

Gilberto 6 - Decent.

Cesc 6 - Again, seemed a little tired, slowed the play down when he was on the ball. Good touch for Gallas at the end however.

Ljungberg 5 - Average. Tireless worker but didn't really have anything at the end of it.

Rosicky 6 - Didn't do a whole lot but looked good.

Adebayor 6 - Like Freddie, some hard work, but nothing to show for it.

Henry 6.5 - Looked a completely different player in the second half. I wanted to walk up to Henry and just slap him in the first when he kept sulking and losing the ball. But on paper, he was Arsenal's best player, 6.5, a decent rating. Please Thierry, more consistency!

Not going to rate the subs.

phil15

Jens-7 Solid but had nothing do

Eboue-7 Did well in attack and nice assist for goal
Toure-7 A rock as per usual
Djourou-8 Improves with every game and brings the ball out of defence with ease
Gallas-8 Gives such consistient performances game in game out, great going forward

Ljungberg-4 Piss poor i mean this guy spends most of the game on his backside moaning like a little tart, someone pass me a machete and I'll be done with him.
Gilberto-6 A steady game from the invisible wall, however his passing is still poor
Cesc-6 Mixed bag, improved like the rest of the team in 2nd half although generally quiet.
Rosicky-6.5 Ability is always evident but a little off today, having said that always probing.

Henry-7 Like many others woke up in second half, emphasizing his class
Ade-6 Got through alot of work as always, but didn't accomplish much.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Army of Me said:
haven't seen any of the match, gonna watch it on Football First but from these ratings looks like we were pretty average today.

pretty much. can't be arsed to rate the entire team, but it was a very poor performance, in spite of the result. we lacked movement off the ball and there wasn't enough pace on the ball. a very, very dull performance. we didn't create many chances and the whole team just looked lost at times out there.

King_Henry

phil15 said:

Gallas-8 Gives such consistient performances game in game out, great going forward

Ljungberg-4 Piss poor i mean this guy spends most of the game on his backside moaning like a little tart, someone pass me a machete and I'll be done with him.
Gilberto-6 A steady game from the invisible wall, however his passing is still poor
Cesc-6 Mixed bag, improved like the rest of the team in 2nd half although generally quiet.
Rosicky-6.5 Ability is always evident but a little off today, having said that always probing.

ok, im sure ljunberg had a ****house game, but come on, aren't we all forgetting wat he's done for us over the years? i can remember all you guys singing his praises not too long ago after the UEFA final, and all the other times he's pulled through for us, he also provides much needed experience in the midfeild, something we're almost running short on a bit nowadays, sure hleb and rosicky are sick players and have experience, but not THAT much experience at THIS club.....not that im taking anything away from those two, especially rosicky, who in my opinion is a fantastic player, absolutley fantastic winger. just saying, give freddie a go, he deserves it after all he's done here. that sort of comment is a little harsh.

junialum

I'm not sure if Ljungberg is fully rested cause I think he is affected by not only tiredness but also "wear and tear" cause he's a combative midfielder.

Lysander

Ya he didnt have the best of games and even though I am a huge Freddie fan (He's MY namesake haha) I'll admit hes not been playing well recently.

However, he did show signs of coming back to form, like early on when he cut back inside and shot with his left, it did force a diving save from the keeper, also he beat his defender a few times only to be clipped. Possibly just needs to harden up a little.

Reyes no.11

Lehmann - 8, awesome
Eboue - 6, good assit but his defensive work sucks
Toure - 9, out of this world
Djourou - 8, awesome
Gallas - 8, awesome

Ljungberg - 4, absolute rubbish. adds nothing to arsenal. just another player on the pitch. always looking for the foul cause he knows he can't get past players.
Fabregas - 5, really out of form. i think he really needs a rest. id give baptista some starts now. just rotate them around.
Gilberto - 6, not called upon to do much
Rosicky - 6, still looks average in 4-4-2 formation

Adebayor - 5, i think henry intidmates him.
Henry - 7, better in second half as he came in deeper. still don't like his attitude towards the team. seems he only likes gallas and ljungberg.

Caspian

Ljunberg_Rulz said:
phil15 said:

ok, im sure ljunberg had a ****house game, but come on, aren't we all forgetting what he's done for us over the years? i can remember all you guys singing his praises not too long ago after the UEFA final, and all the other times he's pulled through for us, he also provides much needed experience in the midfeild, something we're almost running short on a bit nowadays, sure hleb and rosicky are sick players and have experience, but not THAT much experience at THIS club.....not that im taking anything away from those two, especially rosicky, who in my opinion is a fantastic player, absolutley fantastic winger. just saying, give freddie a go, he deserves it after all he's done here. that sort of comment is a little harsh.

Why I call it as I see the game Ljungberg added nothing to our attack, hardly offers himself for the ball, touch is off, doesn't beat people, no creativity and no ****ing product. Running around like a headless chicken doesn't excuse him, although the midfield was generally sub-standard Ljungberg took his shabbiness to new depths.

Lehmann1

Freddie has an excellent work rate and I believe he does more for the team than some realise. He really gets stuck in. He's done alot for us and was still unlucky not to score yesterday. He'll come good

King_Henry

Lehmann1 said:
Freddie has an excellent work rate and I believe he does more for the team than some realise. He really gets stuck in. He's done alot for us and was still unlucky not to score yesterday. He'll come good

that's quite correct, glad to see not everyone here is turning on freddie after a couple of bad performances, come on guys, have some more loaylty and faith in our players!!

Viper

Established Member
Freddie is past it.

He couldn't beat his marker even if his life depended on it. He has also lost his pace.

I think it would be wise to buy a winger in January. Freddie hasn't played well at all this season.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom