• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 29/10/08

kamikaze80

Established Member
Re: Arsenal - Tottenham Player Ratings.

why am i bothering.

almunia - 2 - not his fault he's not good enough for the big games
sagna - 7
gallas - 7
silvestre - 6
clichy - 5 - two pt deduction for the slip
walcott - 6
fabregas - 5 - where was his head at the end?
denilson - 5 - we were winning the physical battle in midfield but didnt track back and close the angles
nasri - 6
van persie - 9
adebayor - 4 - what a lazy performance

song - 3 - usually rate him, but thanks for tracking back, asshole.
diaby - 6
eboue - 4 - he'd been really growing on me, too, cutting out the annoying **** and playing well, but his lack of intelligence shone through at the end

wenger, you're a smart man. you can see patterns. surely you know what you need to do in january.

lagos

Established Member

RVP -8
Nasri - 6
Walcott -6

Evreybody else left on the pitch as we conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes - 0

Particular mention to Cesc who had been pissing me off all day with his comment and then ****ed up big time

ricky1985

Established Member

Almunia - 5. One ridiculously bad msistake for Bent's goal and was caught out by the brilliance of Bentley.

Sagna - 7. Did his job well, and never looked under any threat. Crossing was average at best though.

Clichy - 7. Played brilliantly throughout, but he slipped at a vital moment. It happens though.

Gallas - 9. Brilliant display, in every aspect. He looked the awesome defender I remember.

Silvestre - 8. Very, very solid. Him and Gallas look really good together.

Walcott - 7. Looked astonishingly good in the first half, electric every time he got the ball. Just wouldnt quite fall for him. Faded in the second half but that was as much to do with service as him slacking off. first half was a preview of coming attractions though. My God is he gonna be good.

Nasri - 8. Class, class, class and more class from Samir. He was excellent tonight.

Fabregas - 5. Very poor by his very high standards. No incisive passes and when he isnt doing his thing his lack of defensive discipline becomes a towering liability.

Denilson - 6. Didnt play badly, did his thing well. Kept posession ticking over and played some clever passes at times. However he cant do what we desperately need Fabregas' partner to do, and it was the hugely predominant factor in the final result tonight.

Van Persie - 9. Brilliance from Robin. Bit of everything from exquisitte touches, to glorious passes, to rasping shots.

Adebayor - 7. Got better as the game wore on, but wasnt involved enough, and certainly didnt win enough headers for my liking.

DC Gunner

Established Member

Almunia [NUMBERS DON'T CUT IT, YOU ARE A CLOWN]
Sagna 5 slower than usual
Gallas 6
Silvestre 6
Clichy 4

Walcot 5.5 still can not decide when to shoot or when to pass
Denilson 2
Fabregas 5
Nasri 6

Van Persie 6.5
Adebayor 6

James

Established Member

Ricky, you've got it all spot on there mate, apart from Nasri. I thought he was far too quiet.

has this been taken??

Almunia - 1

Sagna - 4
Gallas - 6 - Respect to him for staying out at the end to clap the fans
Silvestre - 7 - Just for his celebration
Clichy - 3

Walcott - 7 - thought he was our brightest player
Denilson - 3
Fabregas - 6 - thought he had quite a good game, he was through on goal at least twice and Robin didn't play him in and at least showed a bit of spirit
Nasri - 5

Van Persie - 6
Adebayor - 4

Alfonso

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
It happens though.

No it doesnt im affraid. Once ok, but this is the third time in 9 months Clichy has ****ed up like this (first one being Man City away but we got away with that one). When is he going to learn?

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Almunia - 2 - Terrible.
Clichy - 5 - Unlucky.
Gallas - 6
Silvestre - 7
Sagna - 4
Walcott - 6
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 5
Nasri - 5

RVP - 8
Adebayor - 4

Subs - 3

GaelForce22

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Almunia - 5. One ridiculously bad msistake for Bent's goal and was caught out by the brilliance of Bentley.

Sagna - 7. Did his job well, and never looked under any threat. Crossing was average at best though.

Clichy - 7. Played brilliantly throughout, but he slipped at a vital moment. It happens though.

Gallas - 9. Brilliant display, in every aspect. He looked the awesome defender I remember.

Silvestre - 8. Very, very solid. Him and Gallas look really good together.

Walcott - 7. Looked astonishingly good in the first half, electric every time he got the ball. Just wouldnt quite fall for him. Faded in the second half but that was as much to do with service as him slacking off. first half was a preview of coming attractions though. My God is he gonna be good.

Nasri - 8. Class, class, class and more class from Samir. He was excellent tonight.

Fabregas - 5. Very poor by his very high standards. No incisive passes and when he isnt doing his thing his lack of defensive discipline becomes a towering liability.

Denilson - 6. Didnt play badly, did his thing well. Kept posession ticking over and played some clever passes at times. However he cant do what we desperately need Fabregas' partner to do, and it was the hugely predominant factor in the final result tonight.

Van Persie - 9. Brilliance from Robin. Bit of everything from exquisitte touches, to glorious passes, to rasping shots.

Adebayor - 7. Got better as the game wore on, but wasnt involved enough, and certainly didnt win enough headers for my liking.

I'd give Cesc and Nasri 7's, but totally agree with the rest.

ricky1985

Established Member

Alfonso said:
ricky1985 said:
It happens though.

No it doesnt im affraid. Once ok, but this is the third time in 9 months Clichy has f*d up like this (first one being Man City away but we got away with that one). When is he going to learn?

Oh come on Alf. There is not a defender that has ever played football that doesnt make mistakes, look at Rio last week at Everton last week, he made two in one game and has just been voted into a world XI.

Clichy slipped, it was unfortunate and perhaps ill-advised (to dally on the ball) but if anything the way the team reacted to his slip, when trying to prevent Jenas capitalising on it was the unforgivable part.

lagos

Established Member

Clichy slipped because he panicked. He panicked because he was dilly dallying on the ball and got into trouble. It's not the 1st time it's happennned and cost us a win, but at the same time he regularly brings the ball out from defence without problems which leads to us retaining possesion of initiating an attack from a defense. So it's hard to say, it works most of the time but he got sloppy this time (maybe tiredness crept in) and thast's where the blame lies if any. But Cesc's action was unforgivable, he lost his head because of the crap he had said earlier and started playing like Gerrard and allowed his emotions to overwhelm his head. why the hell did he feel the need to score another goal other than to prove a point because of the crap he said in loaded?

McIntyre

Established Member

Almunia: 3 - Culpable for at least two of the four we conceded. Awful!

Sagna: 6 - Not bad, not good. Crossing was tragically bad at times. Needs to work with Theo on their wing play.

Gallas: 7 - For once he led the team but should react much much better to Almunia's spills.

Silvestre: 7.5 - only gets a higher rating than Gallas because he's not meant to be as good as Gallas yet still defended well. Needs to work on his communication with Denilson. That area between DM and CB was no-mans land, they kept bumping into each other trying to deal with the same ball.

Clichy: 9 - He f*cked up for their 3rd but he was f*cking awesome for the majority of the match. Attacked, tackled, battled, shouted. He looked like he really cared about winning, even more so than normal. That's whaqt I like to see in a derby.

Walcott: 8 - He was a nightmare for them to deal with. Every time he got on the ball they sh*t themselves.

Fabregas: 6 - By his standards he should do much, much better. Not finding the passes he did last season. Working harder than he has to in midfield to cover for others.

Denilson: 7 - Weak physically and doesn't cover for Fabregas as he should. But he really got himself about and worked f*cking hard. He gets an extra point just because got himself about the place.

Nasri: 8 - Going forward he wasn't as creative as I would hope but he worked harder than I've seen him work since he arrived.

RVP: 9 - He came deep to tackle like a midfielder. Found passes, got up for headers, took the brunt of the Spuds tackling. Won us crucial free-kicks, took crucial frre-kicks, set up two goals, finished his goal with aplomb. Hardest I've ever seen him work. He knows what this game means to us. That alone needs applauding.

Adebayor: 4 - Got himself about okay, won a few headers but apart from setting up RVP's goal he was awful on the ball. Extremely lazy in the final 5/10 minutes, didn't help the team out at all. Contributed to both Clichy and Fabregas f*cking up.

Subs:

Diaby: 3 - Okay on the ball. Didn't create much. Had a potentially great shot closed down. Showed what a liability he COULD be by giving away a dangerous free-kick.

Eboue: 5 - Did all we expect from Eboue. Passed it around okay on the right but provides nothing creatively going forward. Not much better in defence either.

Song: 0 - He was on for all of 6 minutes. But the fact that he ran on with a huge grin on his face high-fiving people like the game was already over didn't impress me. Don't remember him touching the ball let alone helping out his teammates who'd been working for 90 minutes already.

DOUBLE-YOU

McIntyre said:
Almunia: 3 - Culpable for at least two of the four we conceded. Awful!

Sagna: 6 - Not bad, not good. Crossing was tragically bad at times. Needs to work with Theo on their wing play.

Gallas: 7 - For once he led the team but should react much much better to Almunia's spills.

Silvestre: 7.5 - only gets a higher rating than Gallas because he's not meant to be as good as Gallas yet still defended well. Needs to work on his communication with Denilson. That area between DM and CB was no-mans land, they kept bumping into each other trying to deal with the same ball.

Clichy: 9 - He f*cked up for their 3rd but he was f*cking awesome for the majority of the match. Attacked, tackled, battled, shouted. He looked like he really cared about winning, even more so than normal. That's whaqt I like to see in a derby.

Walcott: 8 - He was a nightmare for them to deal with. Every time he got on the ball they sh*t themselves.

Fabregas: 6 - By his standards he should do much, much better. Not finding the passes he did last season. Working harder than he has to in midfield to cover for others.

Denilson: 7 - Weak physically and doesn't cover for Fabregas as he should. But he really got himself about and worked f*cking hard. He gets an extra point just because got himself about the place.

Nasri: 8 - Going forward he wasn't as creative as I would hope but he worked harder than I've seen him work since he arrived.

RVP: 9 - He came deep to tackle like a midfielder. Found passes, got up for headers, took the brunt of the Spuds tackling. Won us crucial free-kicks, took crucial frre-kicks, set up two goals, finished his goal with aplomb. Hardest I've ever seen him work. He knows what this game means to us. That alone needs applauding.

Adebayor: 4 - Got himself about okay, won a few headers but apart from setting up RVP's goal he was awful on the ball. Extremely lazy in the final 5/10 minutes, didn't help the team out at all. Contributed to both Clichy and Fabregas f*cking up.

Subs:

Diaby: 3 - Okay on the ball. Didn't create much. Had a potentially great shot closed down. Showed what a liability he COULD be by giving away a dangerous free-kick.

Eboue: 5 - Did all we expect from Eboue. Passed it around okay on the right but provides nothing creatively going forward. Not much better in defence either.

Song: 0 - He was on for all of 6 minutes. But the fact that he ran on with a huge grin on his face high-fiving people like the game was already over didn't impress me. Don't remember him touching the ball let alone helping out his teammates who'd been working for 90 minutes already.

most realistic rating posted so far. everyone else has been given stupid knee-jerk posts. if we hadn't conceded those last 2 goals no-one would have received less than 7. The only outfield player below par was adebayor but he got a goal and an assist. anyway here's how i saw it.

almunia - 4. (i have no confidence in him)
sagna - 6. solid first game back
gallas - 7. commanding at the back
silvestre - 6. solid performance and got a goal. maybe he could've closed modric down quicker for Sp**s' equaliser.
clichy - 6.5. he would have received 8 but for his mistake
walcott - 7. constant threat even though he didn't always have end product. disappeared a bit before he got substituted.
cesc - 7. played well. he ran tirelessly
denilson - 7.5. i can't find fault in denilson's performance. he never put a foot wrong
nasri - 6.5. steady game
Van Persie - 8. he is starting to show consistency. imo thats 3 good games back to back from robin.
adebayor - 6. he wasn't in the game as much but he did score a goal and get an assist. what more do you want from a forward.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Almunia - 1 (FFS this is NLD)
Sagna - 5
Gallas - 7
Sylvestre - 8
Clichy - 8
Walcott - 7
Fabregas - 5
Denilson - 6
Nasri - 5
RVP - 8
Ade - 5

Eboue - 4
Diaby - 4
Song - 4

M+D

Established Member

Almunia - 3

Sagna - 6
Gallas - 7
Silvestre - 8
Clichy - 8

Walcott - 7.5
Fabregas - 5
Denilson - 5.5
Nasri - 7.5

Van Persie - 9
Adebayor - 5

DOUBLE-YOU

has anyone watched this game for a second time. how anyone can give denilson and cesc a 5 rating is beyond me. both played very well.

M+D

Established Member

DOUBLE-YOU said:
has anyone watched this game for a second time. how anyone can give denilson and cesc a 5 rating is beyond me. both played very well.

Defensively they didn't though. Tracking runners and closing space they only did for certain periods of the game, and the fact that Bentley, Jenas, Huddlestone and Modric were allowed to shoot so easily was key in us losing a match we dominated.

Another thing that they did was that although Cesc and Denilson are great at dictating tempo when we're piling the pressure on teams, yet they were tactically extremely naive when they did not keep possession and kill the game as they should have done at 3-1 or indeed 4-2 and 4-3.

sabret00the

Established Member

Almunia - 3 - Shaky
Sagna - 6 - Sloppy passing but some cracking challenges.
Gallas - 5 - Failed to lead and let in four.
Silvestre - 5 - Big head for nothing.
Clichy 7 - Was immense up until the slip
Walcot - 7 - Patchy, but kept us moving forward
Denilson 7 - Solid
Fabregas - 6 - Still hasn't found form
Nasri - 6 - Sparks but no flame.
Van Persie - 7 - Our best attacker without a doubt, how he gets taken off two minutes after almost bagging a second and with two assists in his pocket is beyond me.
Adebayor - 4 - He was ****!

=====

Wenger - 0 - Why wouldn't you bring on substitutions that would kill the game off with goals? Possession based defence is a/ Hleb dependent and b/ Stupid.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Oh clichy clichy you ****.

I was feeling the same anger toward Clichy like last season at Birmingham. What the **** does he think he is doing. He NEVER ever uses his right foot and tries to dance on the ball.

At a moment last night, when he was in Spuds box, he coudd've ****ing use his right foot to cross the ball to RvP who was alone, but instead he chose to turn to his left foot and it was too late then.

Only because he dispossessed Bentley on few occasions, doesn't mean that he has the privilege to play that **** in our half.

I am pissed and I know that this draw will mean end of our title chase. We have maybe 2% chance, only if we get good amount of points against the Big Three.

Still pissed

DOUBLE-YOU

Merida+Denilson said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:

Defensively they didn't though. Tracking runners and closing space they only did for certain periods of the game, and the fact that Bentley, Jenas, Huddlestone and Modric were allowed to shoot so easily was key in us losing a match we dominated.

Another thing that they did was that although Cesc and Denilson are great at dictating tempo when we're piling the pressure on teams, yet they were tactically extremely naive when they did not keep possession and kill the game as they should have done at 3-1 or indeed 4-2 and 4-3.

i think you forget Sp**s had 5 in midfield so its not always possible to pick up a runner unless someone drops from upfront.
first goal bentley came in from wide to score. where was nasri?
second goal denilson was close to modric but huddleston was the extra man when he got his shot in.
third goal clichy slipped when our midfielders were in good advanced positions. can't expect them to get back. maybe a defender could have closed the shot down earlier. maybe.
forth goal song lost 2 aerial challenges which led to modric shooting.

i do agree with you about the tempo argument though.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom