• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic | 07/05/06

eddie_wills

After the CL final I'm going to collate all my old ratings in my post history and get an average rating for each players, be interesting I think. Obviously I've only been doing this for about 6 months, but even so.

Jens 5 - Should have come for the free kick I think, not sure how he was expecting to catch it and positionally poor for Thompson's goal.

Eboue 6 - Beaten time after time by McCulloch in the air, and hit ball aimlessly long too much. But as ever got forward excellently, gave us real width and positionally much better than he has been.

Cole 7 - Good defensively, looked a bit lost going forward at times but has done enough to start against Barca, surely.

Sol 6 - A bit cumbersome and bullied by Roberts. But also more commanding in the air than of late, and his passing from the back was better than normal. We seem to have a problem defending set pieces when he's on the pitch?

Kolo 9 - Brilliant. Roberts and Camara were taught a lesson by him. Absolutely wonderful speed, determination. Brilliant.

Pires 7 - Could have worked harder, and flittered in and out but was on his game more often than not.

Fabregas 6 - Found it hard to get going, avenues to fowards with passes were largely blocked off. Side to side, very effective, used it well but unspectacular.

Gilberto 6 - Mixed bag. Passing very poor in first half, but broke up play well. Other way round 2nd half.

Hleb 5 - Not Alex's day. Best involvement was his determination to win ball back for Theirry's 1st.

Reyes 6 - Some nice touches, very determined but didn't seem to be on same wavelength as Henry/Pires. Much better than at left wing.

Henry 9 - Brilliant, what more is there to say.

Freddie 6
RVP 6
Bergkamp 6

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann - worst game all season funnily enough - 6

Eboue - very quiet game for him - 6

Toure - to call him anything but immense is a joke - 8

Campbell - on that performance, i'm hoping Phil is back for the final - 6

Cole - back to being Old King Cole, some immense tackles and ****ttttt - 8

Hleb - quiet by his standards but worked hard - 6

Cesc - it's a adelight to see him play - 7

Gilberto - got forward/i] well - 7

Pires - not good enough for the majority, some nice moments - 6

Reyes - worked hard, but didn't have the magic of Sunderland - 6

Henry - big game hero - 8

===

Freddie - 6
RvP - 6 - his link up game is improving but i wanted selfish van Persie
Bergkamp - so wanted him to get a goal

f4evo

Jens - 6 - made a mistake in the free kick

Eboue - 8 - nice interplay, defending wasnt the most solid possible but looked great on the attacking side again

Toure - 9 - superb covering, made sure Roberts didnt get close to goal, best defender in the premiership

Campbell - 7.5 - good tackling, but he is really lacking pace and it worries me if he has to play against Eto

Cole - 8 - is coming into form, good both attacking and defending

Pires - 8 - good game, good oppurtunistic goal, great assist

Fabregas - 9 - Fabulous, this guy is just amazin for 19 i say for the thousandth time

Hleb - 7 - was bit invisible at times but eventually got into it and produced some decent play

Reyes - 7 - some nice play, but not convincing as the second striker, still needs a bit more confidence

Gilberto - 7.5 - great game, but jus ****ed up near the end when he should have scored or atleast set uop bergy

Henry - 9.5 - amazing got a hattrick, legend!!!

Ljunberg - 8 - won us penalty to get us safe

Bergkamp & Van Persie - 7 Both just joined in the fun at the end, by that time we were playing superb, amazing end to Highbury, very fitting

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 5 Silly mistake. Had no chance with the other goal it seemed and not alot else to do.

Eboue - 6 Didn't charge forward as frequently as usual, but still a good display.

Toure - 9 What is left to be said?

Sol - 6.5 Shakey in some areas but I thought he was reasonably solid.

Cole - 7 No messing. Good game.

Hleb - 6 No great, not bad. Worked hard, as seen for our second goal.

Fabregas - 7 I am just more amazed everytime I see him play tbh.

Gilberto - 6 Not as good as he has been in recent weeks, but not bad.

Pires - 5 Got our first goal and made the easy pass for Henry's first but not alot else from him.

Reyes - 6 Looked lively and worked hard as always.

Henry - 9 The king.

seatiger

LuKaZaN said:
Lehmann - 5 Silly mistake. Had no chance with the other goal it seemed and not alot else to do.

Eboue - 6 Didn't charge forward as frequently as usual, but still a good display.

Toure - 9 What is left to be said?

Sol - 6.5 Shakey in some areas but I thought he was reasonably solid.

Cole - 7 No messing. Good game.

Hleb - 6 No great, not bad. Worked hard, as seen for our second goal.

Fabregas - 7 I am just more amazed everytime I see him play tbh.

Gilberto - 6 Not as good as he has been in recent weeks, but not bad.

Pires - 5 Got our first goal and made the easy pass for Henry's first but not alot else from him.

Reyes - 6 Looked lively and worked hard as always.

Henry - 9 The king.

when hleb is 6, pires with a goal and an assist is 5?
:roll:

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Campbell does lack acceleration but his recovery pace is what makes him stand out, Senderos is not very quick remember. He seems more assured with his headers nowadays you can see he is growing in confidence with the more games he plays.

Toure had a much better game than recently if I had a choice I would make a clone of him and make his clone better in the air. Cole looks very good for somebody who only played his 2nd competitive match in the space of 3 days, he was defensively sound and his usual forwards runs gives us another option down the left without the need for shifting the ball to his right foot when Flamini was playing there.

Reyes was alright I guess but he does go down very easily! With Henry well I've seen him play better but what he did led us to victory and for that reason he deserves a MOTM although he should have done someting about Wigan's first goal though.

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6
terrible mistake, but other than that, he played fairly well. only his second mistake this season, so i am glad it didn't matter in the end.

eboue - 6
decent

toure - 8,5
superb.

sol - 6
lucky not to give away a penatly and struggled at times with both camara and roberts.

cole - 7
played well. has improved each match after his return from injury.

hleb - 6
struggled a bit today imo. a few nice touches, but kept falling over.

gilberto - 6,5
pretty good, but not as dominant as he has been the past few months. gave the ball away a few times as well.

cesc - 6,5
not his best game, really. we lacked a bit of movement off the ball going forward at times and fabregas' biggest strength is controlling the team going forward and distributing the ball. when the movement off the ball is poor, cesc isn't at his best. however, he played fairly well tbh.

pires - 7,5
i think pires played very well. was surprised that he beat chimbonda on pace alone several times. scored a good goal too.

reyes - 7
worked hard and had a few lovely through passes to hleb, pires and others. played well. hopefully he'll play up front/behind henry in the final. his vision, pace, work rate and passing skill could win us that game.

henry - 10
what can you say? best player in the world. hat trick on the final match day at highbury.

Tegh

Established Member
I'm more mesmerized by the fact f4evo gave Cesc a 9.
Today really wasn't one of his better games, I'd have given him a 6.5. To rate him a 9 is just crazy.

Jens - 6
Eboue - 6
Sol - 6.5
Kolo - 8
Cole - 8.5
Hleb - 6
Gilberto - 6.5
Cesc - 6.5
Pires - 6.5
Reyes - 6
Henry - 10

Cole, Henry and Kolo were our best players by a country mile. As eddie mentioned, Eboue was beaten in the air by McCulloch far too often, with the ball heading into the corner for Roberts to chase. It was a good job that Kolo kept him in check.

Ricky_AFC

kel varnsen said:
lehmann - 6
terrible mistake, but other than that, he played fairly well. only his second mistake this season, so i am glad it didn't matter in the end.

eboue - 6
decent

toure - 8,5
superb.

sol - 6
lucky not to give away a penatly and struggled at times with both camara and roberts.

cole - 7
played well. has improved each match after his return from injury.

hleb - 6
struggled a bit today imo. a few nice touches, but kept falling over.

gilberto - 6,5
pretty good, but not as dominant as he has been the past few months. gave the ball away a few times as well.

pires - 7,5
i think pires played very well. was surprised that he beat chimbonda on pace alone several times. scored a good goal too.

reyes - 7
worked hard and had a few lovely through passes to hleb, pires and others. played well. hopefully he'll play up front/behind henry in the final. his vision, pace, work rate and passing skill could win us that game.

henry - 10
what can you say? best player in the world. hat trick on the final match day at highbury.

Spot on assessment. Also like to say i love the runs off the ball Reyes makes when he is up front.

vinny_60

lehmann- 6- not too good today

eboue- 7- beaten in the air but good otherwise

toure- 8- arsenal cannavaro as i have said many times before

campbell- 7- strong in the air but a bit slow to react

cole- 8- look at the amount of metres he covers for 90 mins, you will be stunned.

hleb- 6- ok, a bit too composed sometimes

fabregas- 7- he makes other midfielders look stupid sometimes

gilberto- 7- ok, did his job

pires- 7- good reaction for goal, some nice passes and sometimes we should praise him for working harder than before

reyes- 6- ran and ran but again some decision making lets him down.

henry- 10- perfect even though he gifted a goal to wigan, he just scored three back, honestly, ronaldinho isn't that much better

bergy- 6- that chip really ought to have gone in, would have made my year

rvp- 6- ok despite playing right and left mid

ljungberg- 7- won penalty and kept ball well

wenger- 8- well done for trying reyes upfront. good subs and also great countdown!! hahaha

gunnerGH

Established Member
Jens 6 - Mistake for goal let him down and put us under pressure

Eboue 7 - Good considering he took a few knocks

Kolo 7 - Good performance again

Sol 6 - Poor could tell when roberts beat him how bad he actually now is.

cole - 7 good display considering he only just back

pires 8 - great display from him, goal and assist

gilberto 8 - good as always

fab 9 - simply amazing, looks like he has a 5 yards of space at times when he only has one....makes it look so easy

hleb 6 - okay but some poor passing again though

Reyes 8 - alot better than when he's on the left. played well for me

Henry 10 - The 10 says it all

subs:

Fred 7
bergy 7
RVP 6

CLASS!

f4evo

Tegh said:
Today really wasn't one of his better games, I'd have given him a 6.5. To rate him a 9 is just crazy.

Jens - 6
Eboue - 6
Sol - 6.5
Kolo - 8
Cole - 8.5
Hleb - 6
Gilberto - 6.5
Cesc - 6.5
Pires - 6.5
Reyes - 6
Henry - 10

Cole, Henry and Kolo were our best players by a country mile. As eddie mentioned, Eboue was beaten in the air by McCulloch far too often, with the ball heading into the corner for Roberts to chase. It was a good job that Kolo kept him in check.

i think people are just expecting crazy stuff from Cesc, ok my 9 might be a bit over the top, but definitely not 6.5, maybe some of you mistook Pires for Cesc ;)

Rohit

Established Member
Well Pires got in another awesome tackle today,don't remember who he tackled though.

Tegh

Established Member
Nah, I honestly didn't think he was that great today, perhaps I was too caught up in the moment to realise his subtle touches.

kel varnsen

Established Member
f4evo said:
Tegh said:

Jens - 6
Eboue - 6
Sol - 6.5
Kolo - 8
Cole - 8.5
Hleb - 6
Gilberto - 6.5
Cesc - 6.5
Pires - 6.5
Reyes - 6
Henry - 10

i think people are just expecting crazy stuff from Cesc, ok my 9 might be a bit over the top, but definitely not 6.5, maybe some of you mistook Pires for Cesc ;)

i think pires played well today. was lively and still looked quite pacey; sprinted past chimbonda, who is a very quick player, several times. scored a good goal and set up henry once. right now, i'm not sure who i'd prefer on the left wing may 17th. him or freddie?

Viper

Established Member
Lehmann 5
Eboue 6
Kolo 8
Campbell 6
Cole 8
Hleb 6
Gilberto 6
Fabregas 6
Pires 6
Reyes 6
Henry 9

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom