• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/01/07

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 8. solid.

hoyte - 6. quiet, but decent.

toure - 8. strong performance and a good goal.

senderos - 7. solid.

clichy - 7,5. a bit naive positioning wise at times, but made up for it through great intensity and tenacity. good game.

hleb - 8. a bit inconsistant, but all in all a very good game. worked extremely hard.

cesc - 8. very good game as well and he, as hleb, worked his socks off today.

rosicky - 8. some nice touches, passes and moves, but not his best game. still, as hleb and cesc, his work rate was outstanding today and the three (alone) were able to hold off blackburn in the first half. got tired in the last 10 mins or so.

van persie - 5,5. a few good touches, but he lost the ball too often and too easily.

henry - 7. scored a brilliant goal and had an assist as well, but he missed a sitter and his movement off the ball wasn't really good enough today.

BannedKwame

Lehman --- 7

Hoyte-------- 6.5
Toure-------- 8
Senderos--- 8
Clichy-------- 6.5 *almost cost us 2 goals

Hleb---------- 8
Cesc--------- 9
Rosicky----- 7.5

RvP----------- 6.5
Henry---------7.5

f4evo

Lehmann - 8
Hoyte - 7
Toure - 9
Senderos - 8
Clichy - 8
Hleb - 7.5
Cesc - 8.5
Gilberto - N/A
Rosicky - 8
RvP - 7
Henry - 9

the ratings may seem high but it's adjusted for being a man down

regele

Established Member
Re: Blackburn - Arsenal, player ratings

lehmann - 8
hoyte - 6
toure - 8.
senderos - 8
clichy - 7
hleb - 7.5
cesc - 8.5
rosicky - 7
van persie - 6.5
henry - 7.5
Motm Cesc

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann: 8
Hoyte: 7
Clichy: 7
Senderos: 8
Toure: 8
Hleb: 8
Rosicky: 8
Cesc: 8
Henry: 8
Robin: 7
Gilberto: 5

Flamini, Ade and Djourou: 6 (not much time)

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 7 Absolutely solid, although Blackburn were dire at times in attack.
Hoyte 6.5 - Dodgy first half but got better as the game wore on.
Toure 8 - Immense and a great and goal of so much importance.
Senderos - 8 - Won everything in the air and was commanding. Good game.
Clichy - 7 Superb from Clichy.
Hleb - 8.5 My MOTM today. Kept the ball incredibly well and played some great passes. Worked his arse off.
Cesc - 8 One poor pass in the first half was his only poor moment of the night. Fantastic.
Gilberto -
Rosicky - 8 Awesome display, and some simply brilliant passes and flicks. Likes a tackle too.
RvP - 6 A few great moments but ultimately it wasn't his best game.
Henry - 7 What a goal. Also worked hard for the team and tracked back. Needs to cut out the first time passes and flicks though...

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Re: Blackburn - Arsenal, player ratings

regele said:
lehmann - 8
hoyte - 6
toure - 8.
senderos - 8
clichy - 7
hleb - 7.5
cesc - 8.5
rosicky - 7
van persie - 6.5
henry - 7.5
Motm Cesc

agree completly with these ratings

eddie_wills

Lehmann 7.5 - Did everything he had to, didn't get too wound up at corners.

Hoyte 5.5 - Gamst got in behind him too often, and doesn't attack the ball enough in the area.

Senderos 8 - Colossal today I thought. Defended well when McCarthy moved him into the channels.

Toure 7.5 - Didn't do anything wrong, crucial goal.

Clichy 7 - Positionally naive and went forward at inopportune times, but recovered well and looked pretty solid.

Hleb 7.25 - Gave ball away a few times, but worked so so hard and was always looking to be positive with his passing.

Fabregas 8.25 - Positionally excellent, wonderful passing and tenacity. His best game of the season imo.

Gilberto 0 - why make a problem for yourself by kicking out? Rise above it.

Rosicky 8 - used ball positively and intelligently. Ran himself into the ground.

RVP 4.5 - miscontrolled ball a few times, didn't work hard enough when placed at left wing.

Henry 7 - what a goal, worked hard. Didn't have much of a chance to get involved.

Mr Wolf

I think two lads above all today: Cesc Fabregas and Gael Clichy who has played a beautiful game. Thierry didn't make much apart from the goal, but it is one of his best goals ever with the white sleeves and just for this he deserves an honourable mention.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehman - 7 - Solid game.
Hoyte - 6 - Improving but still not there
Toure - 8 - King Kolo, weighed in with an important goal, now third choice captain too.
Senderos - 8 - Wonderful defensive performance
Clichy - 5 - Defensively he's actually getting worse.
Hleb - 8 - One third of a midfield that Blackburn couldn't handle and even showed us his new trick, how he's got two.
Fabregas - 9 - With the show boating added to his game, i'm now ready to just sit in awe for 90 minutes twice a week, he was a cut above.
Rosicky - 7 - Improving still and can get better, offered a lot of presence chasing everything down.
RvP - 7 - Constant goal threat for 90 minutes winning two important three kicks through his hard work, was unlucky to come off.
Henry - 7- Useless for an hour and fifteen but a magnificent goal and a wonderful assist don't hurt as a means of apologising.

Shredder

Lehmann - 8
Hoyte - 7
Clichy - 7
Toure - 8,5
Senderos - 8,5
Hleb - 8
Fabregas - 9
Rosicky - 8,5
Van Persie - 6,5
Henry - 7,5

jester

Established Member
Fabregas - 9 - With the show boating added to his game, i'm now ready to just sit in awe for 90 minutes twice a week, he was a cut above.

he's in that catagory of players you'd pay good money to watch

>YounGunner<

Established Member
lehmann - 8
hoyte - 6
toure - 8.
senderos - 8
clichy - 7
hleb - 7
cesc - 8
rosicky - 8
van persie - 6
henry - 7
Motm Rosicky

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 7 - Solid.

Hoyte 6 - Caught out of position a lot, but good on the ball.

Toure 7 - Scored a very important goal but his marking on crosses was a shambles.

Senderos 8 - Won everthing in the air. Caught out of position at the end but corrected it himself.

Clichy 6 - See Hoyte, though Clichy is better in the air.

Hleb 8 - Great performance. Kept the ball well and full of running.

Cesc 8 - A bit sloppy in the first half but dominated the second. Inspired performance.

Gilberto 3 - Idiot.

Rosicky 8 - Owned the midfield in the first half, disappeared for large parts of the second but excellent in possesion. Worked like a horse. Looks like a Premiership player now.

RvP 6 - He worked hard but his touch let him down at times.

Henry 8 - What can you say about this man. I suppose nothing more than that he's still the best player in this league, and doesn't even look 100% match fit.

Subs:

Flamini 7 - Covered space very well.

Ade N/A - Not enough time to rate him.

Mark

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 - Didn't have much to do, but was solid on crosses.

Hoyte - 6.5 - Had trouble at times against Pedersen, but an overall assured performance.

Clichy - 7 - Very good game. Very energetic.

Toure - 8 - Very solid, and a really good run and header for the goal.

Senderos - 7 - Also very solid.

Hleb - 8.5 - I thought he was excellent today. Great link-up play with Cesc and Rosicky, and worked really hard.

Fabregas - 8.5 - Also excellent for the same reasons. Lovely assist for Henry's goal too.

Rosicky - 7.5 - Worked hard and looked pretty decent in possession when we needed him.

v.Persie - 5.5 - Very quiet, couldn't get into the game.

Henry - 7.5 - Also rather quiet, but worked a little harder and scored a stunning second goal to seal the win.

Alfonso

Established Member
Seems Hoyte didnt perform. I dont think he can ever be a legitmate first team starter. Selling Lauren would be stupid at the moment.

ronitc

Lehmann - 7

Safe handling and made a good save to stop Pederson.

Clichy - 8.5

Clichy had a terrific game I thought. Workrate was impressive, as was his forward runs. Stopped several 2 on 1 situations from developing.

Toure - 8

Looked good to me, albeit not back to his outstanding best. Typical Toure goal in the sense he showed more drive and determination than the 4 B'burn players around him to get to the ball. Their marking wasn't suspect - their desire was.

Senderos - 8.5

Really strong game for Senderos. I've been a critic, but it is undeniable that his presence in the air puts him above Djourou at the moment. Made excellent tackles on the ground as well, including one to recover from one of his only mistakes in the game.

Hoyte - 7

Had some lapses of concentration that meant he didn't impress me as much as he could have. Pederson was able to attack quite frequently on his side. Still a solid performance.

Rosicky - 8

Played more centrally than Hleb and was a big reason our counter-attacking game was good. I like the fact that he's always direct and going forwards. Stepped up his work rate too.

Gilberto - n/a

A straight red deserved maybe if you have a stick up your ass and want to follow the rules to the letter, but refereeing should be about malleable decision making and common sense. A yellow card would have been sufficient taking into account Savage's blatant provocation and theatrics.

Cesc - 9

He was superb. Managed to dominate the first half by himself in midfield against 2 c*nts in central midfield. It was amazing to see him get forward so often despite the fact we were down to 10 men, and he never gives up tracking his man when trying to gain back possession. If he had the physical size of Essien or Vieira he would be the dominant box to box midfielder in the premiership.

Hleb - 7.5

Just missed out on an 8 despite his brilliant dribbling and hard work because of his frustrating tendency to hesitate on his passing. By the time he's made his mind up it's often quite clear where he's going to pass and loses possession.

van Persie - 6.5

Couple of poor first touches but also some amazing ones. Not the best situations for any type of technical forwards with the wind, rain, ****e pitch and down one man. I'm quite sure he would have scored had Lucas Neill not tripped him up though.

Henry - 7.5

Set up one goal and scored another but under the circumstances his lack of effort at times is annoying. Wish he would make more runs off the ball. Brilliant goal, mind.

Artillero

Hleb for me motm. The perfect team mate if you are down a man, kept the ball well taking on numerous Blackburn thugs at a time.

Shredder

I really can't buy the Hoyte-criticism today. He was up against arguably their best player all night long. The human blanket, Gilberto, wasn't there to offer any cover today and Hleb had to drift into the middle to cover some space from time to time so he was often all alone.

5.5? :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom