• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 19/08/07

asajoseph

Established Member
I think it's just a case of stringing everything together often enough - his passing, at times, is really exceptional, and that through-ball for Eduardo in the first half was top-drawer. But it also lets him down at the crucial moment at times, like his pass to RVP.

He'll get there, I have no doubt about it.

xcdude24

Established Member
I agree with Theo passing- he just didn't do it very well. He would have needed a few more touches before he could have gotten a proper angle to get a good pass on goal. RVP was in position and ready to tap it in, Theo just screwed up.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Why did Theo hit it like a little chip? There was no point. He should have put spin on it with the inside of his foot keeping it on the ground.

Lukazan

Established Member
The thing is, he might have tried to do just that but got it wrong. It happens and he'll learn from it.

DC Gunner

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Viper said:
Walcott should've taken a shot instead of crossing it to Van Persie, which was a completely unexpected pass.

Not necessarily.

If RVP was making that run, he should have expected to receive the ball. Theo was in a good position to shoot, but still had the keeper to beat. A pass accross the box to RVP would have left an open goal, and the latter is arguably more straightforward.

Either way, it doesn't matter - he got it completely wrong.
HE did that in few occasions, once he was running @ his man, he got an opening but instead of crossing the ball, he continued to run then did not know what to do next.

Another one was when he was wide open on the flank with no defender near him for at least 15 yards, he could have run with ball inside the box for at least 5 -7 yards but he chose to immediately cross it to 2 arsenal players marked by 4 Rovers Defenders, any experienced winger would have run with it inside, force a defender to make a decision to either run @ him to close him down, thus opening more space for one or both of 2 attackers, or himself having enough space combined with a good angle to take a very decent shot on Target.

Few other similar incidents as well.

banduan

Established Member
Lemming :evil: Cliche :? Gallas :( Senderos :) Sagna :respect Hleb :) Flamini :thumbup
Cesc :) Walcott :| Eduardo :) RVP :) Denilson :thumbdown Bendtner :)

Team verdict: Dissapointing draw but to be honest these kind of matches were the kind that we would have lost last year and Man U would have drawn. Credit to Blackburn for the 2nd half but then I take it all back for their approach.

edit: put them all in a line

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Ratings for Blackburn, in chart form, updated through kel varnsen's ratings

1185125935_b558134102.jpg

Black spaces represent that poster not rating the player. asa had the highest total score, Qs the lowest total score. Sagna again garnered the highest rating, and it wasn't close, with Lehman bringing up the rear.

EDIT> I tried posting a bigger version, but it stretched the page out real bad, I hate having to scroll to read posts, so I went with the smaller picture.

sabret00the

Established Member
That spreadsheet is a great addition to this thread MD, but next time you should post one that size and have it link to the original.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
sabret00the said:
That spreadsheet is a great addition to this thread MD, but next time you should post one that size and have it link to the original.

I'm working on a basic website with nothing but links to the sheets for each match, plus a side by side comparison from match to match for each player.

For now, here is a clickable link for the full size image

Full size Blackburn Player Ratings

dutchMasta

Great work so far MDGoonah41, keep it up. Was about to suggest the same thing as sabre, but he got there before me.

sabret00the

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
sabret00the said:

I'm working on a basic website with nothing but links to the sheets for each match, plus a side by side comparison from match to match for each player.

very interesting to read. i'll be sure to make sure i submit my rating for the next match. it's nice to be a part of something like that.

DOUBLE-YOU

Lukazan said:
The thing is, he might have tried to do just that but got it wrong. It happens and he'll learn from it.

It's funny you should say that. i think Theo learned from the previous week against fulham when he broke through and shot wayward. Wenger was shouting cross the ball. Against blackburn he was in a similar situation, and i think the fulham opportunity was in his mind so he crossed the ball. i think he should have shot.

DC Gunner

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
sabret00the said:

Great work, 2 thumbs up :respect

One little suggestion, can you indicate the number of players used in the match !?

for example the maximum total for the starter would be 110, for this match the starters gathered 59.9 so the % is 59.9/110= .54 or 54%

Including the subs it would be 78.2/140 = 56%

This way the team is rated 5.6 out of 10 :)

Are you using Averages or Medians !?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
That's a good call, hadn't thought of doing it like that. I also forgot to update the team average column.

If you add up the average rating for every player, the total is 87.7. Divide that number by 14, the total players used, and the average player rating is 6.3

Good stuff, I'll add it to the existing file and make sure to include the same info on next week's report.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
superb match sheet, realise most of my ratings are lower than average :)

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Good work MD.

It should make an interesting read at the end of the season, provided people don’t fall into the trap of taking out their frustration on certain players and giving them hyperbolic ratings, not looking at anyone in particular of course... :p

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom