• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 25/11/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6. decent.

eboue - 5. mediocre.

toure - 4,5. gave anelka too much space, and we conceded two goals.

senderos - 7. solid, but his distribution was all over the place.

clichy - 4. caught out of position a number of times and his final ball is laughable(in a bad way).

ljungberg - 1,5. near useless.

flamini - 5. meh.

cesc- 6. poor first half, better in the 2nd.

gilberto - 8,5. a captain's performance. strong in every way and good passing.

walcott - 5,5. lively and made things happen, but his passing and decision making needs to improve drastically.

adebayor - 5,5. poor first half, better in the second half. unlucky not to score a goal.

baptista - 5,5. meh.

eddie_wills

Jens 5.5 - Too easily wound up once again. Looked a bit shaky on corners, made everyone else that little more panicky. Not at fault for goals.

Eboue 7 - Played well.

Toure 4.5 - Possibly partially at fault for all 3 goals. First was certainly his man to mark. His worst game in ages.

Senderos 6 - Did ok, enjoyed his driving runs out of defence and his heading was decisive and powerful.

Clichy 5 - Poor crossing, dived in way too much.

Walcott 5.5 - Passing and decision making poor but this will come with time. Flashes of quality.

Flamini 5 - Once again anonymous.

Fabregas 6 - What Kel said.

Gilberto 7.5 - Good passing, combative and great commitment

Ljungberg 3 - Dreadful

Adebayor 5 - Mixed bag

jester

Established Member
end of the line for freddie. Couldnt even control the ball for most of the match, worst performance in years. If he gets picked over rosicky/hleb or theo again it'll be nothing short of madness

liridon

lehmann - 6.5 nice save

eboue - 4 effected by bolton fans

toure - 4 good stricker tonight

senderos - 7. solid

clichy - 4. thinks that he could make difference

ljungberg - 2 comletely out

flamini - 4 bad

cesc- 8 tried his best

gilberto - 8,5. gave the maximum and scored a goal

walcott - 5.0 nice run but his passes need an improvement

adebayor - 0 (ZERO) out of possition, mixing his long legs, no idea about dribling, and whenever he shots must go out.

baptista - 5 did he tauch any ball tonight.

qs

Established Member
lehmann - 5 too much moaning, Id blame him for the first 2 goals

eboue - 5 poor in defence

toure - 4 worst game of the season for Kolo

senderos - 7 only one defending

clichy - 4 just not good enough

ljungberg - 0 get rid of him

flamini - 2 no where near good enough

cesc- 6 did ok in the 2nd half

gilberto - 7our best midfielder

walcott - 7 did well considering

adebayor - 6 worked hard but never got the service

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Lehmann: 6 - Could have been worse had he not been in goal.

Eboue: 5 - Where's the Eboue that we saw in mid week?

Toure: 4 - Average

Senderos: 4 - Average

Clichy: 5 - Very fast and speedy but doesn't have a footballing brain. Also, he keeps trying to win the ball with amazing tackles when he could've just man marked opponent.

Ljunberg: 2 - fcuk this guy is freakin pathetic nowadays. He was very slow, allowing opponents to easily steal balls from him. Apart from running withouth the ball on his feet and whining like a b**tch, he offers nothing else to the team. If he keeps playing like crap, there's no way he's getting a place in the team again.

Flamini: 4 - yucks

Gilberto: 7 - Yup, a true captain's performance. Didn't do much mistakes and without him, the midfield or even the whole team could have got raped EXTREMELY.

Fabregas: 6 - Had a lot of heart, give credit to him for that.

Walcott: 6 - Had good pace and tried his best to create something. But still lacks that striker's instinct and he should be more selfish to have a shot for himself. Expect good things to come

Adebayor: 4 - Sigh

Baptista: 5 - Showed how physically strong he really is. Apart from that, he was useless

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens - 6 - Top saves and coudn't do much for the goals

Eboue - 6 - Average

Kolo - 5 - poor in the air and poor marking on the first goal

Phil -6 - solid but poor passing

Clichy - 6 - Good second half but needs to improve if he thinks he's Arsehole Cole's replacement

Freddie - 4 - Piss poor,

Gilberto - 7 - Well played, did his job.

Cesc - 6 - nothing special but had two good shots on goal

Flamini - 5 - What does Arsène see in this guy? At this rate he might not even play for his local pub team.

Theo - 7 - Promising start but went missing. Then came right back in it in the second, a very positive performance. Will only improve with games.

Ade - 6 - Good second half, I guess its start to play up front on your own against Bolton's thugs.

Beast and Hleb - meh

Gryphon

walcott - 5,5. lively and made things happen, but his passing and decision making needs to improve drastically.

it'll happen in time, dont worry :wink: for a 17 year old playing his 1st 90min at the reebok, he wasn't bad at all

only gilberto and senderos could merit a 7 or above

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 7 - Saved us once but couldn't do it again. Did his madman thing too.

Eboue 6 - Confidence dropped after his Rivaldo impression. Needs to stop that nonsense.

Toure 6 - Outpaced by Anelka (no real shame there) and let him shoot for the first goal as well. Can do better.

Phil 6 - Stupid booking and should have been more vocal on set pieces.

Clichy 5 - Never looks up and lets everyone get past him. Not good enough this.

Theo 7 - Did good things and bad things. Passing has to improve but he offered us pace and wasn't afraid to take on his man.

Cesc 6 - Didn't really notice him and in his case that's not good. Good shot at the end.

Gilberto 8 MOTM - Powerful display in the middle of the park and got a goal too.

Flamini 5 - Lost the ball all the time. Good left back, useless midfielder.

Freddie 6 - I don't share the criticism of Freddie today. He worked really hard and got into great positions in the box. Should have scored.

Adebayor 6 - Should have scored too. Did reasonably well with the ball I felt. Needs to attack crosses more.

Subs:

Baptista 5 - Disappointing from him, I expected better.

Hleb 5 - Idem dito.

Ref 1 - A total ****.

The_byrne

jens was wound up but with just cause. what refs can't understand his how easy it is for a player like nolan to break a keepers ribs if he hits him as he take a high ball. In rugby if you catch a ball above your head they call it a hospital pass, nuff said.

we did enough to draw the game, but the ref ****ed us. davis should have gone, there was a foul for anelkas first and he was offside for the second

jester

Established Member
I don't share the criticism of Freddie today.

maybe because he couldnt control the ball once, gave very ball away, and done nothing of note apart from hit the bar. One attack and that was it.

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 Great double save, but the petty ****e was threatening to boil over.

Eboue - 4 Crap. And the diving and play-acting is back it seems.

Senderos - 6 Horrid passing, but some good charges foward. Decent defensively.

Toure - 5 Nowhere near as good as he has been the last two months or so.

Clichy - 2 Eurgh. See my thread.

Ljungberg - 2 Pointless. Absolutely pointless. Has no skills of any use to anyone. He runs hard, sure, but he is so lacking in other areas it's no longer enough.

Fabregas - 6 Tried to make things happen but it was all in vain.

Flamini - 3 Been a defender of Flamini, but today he was awful. His first control was no existant and he offered us nothing more than a short pass.

Gilberto - 7 MOTM, even without the goal.

Walcott - 6 Got involved more as the game wore on, but needs to be involved more altogether, and also needs to show more belief in himself.

Adebayor - 5 Horrid first, alright second.

Gurgen

Established Member
He's done plenty. Like cover for Clichy's general ****eness all the time. It's not the Freddie of old but he wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be.

nazo

Established Member
Jens 7
Eboue 6
Toure 6
Phil 7
Clichy 5
Theo 7
Cesc 6
Gilberto 8
Flamini 5
Freddie 4
Adebayor 6

xxxxxx

Lehmann - 6 - Did an okay job, Made a few saves.

Eboue - 5 - Could have defended a little better.

Toure - 6 - Not his best game

Senderos - 6 - Not a bad game. Did well in parts.

Clichy - 5 - For me, he's not a good defender. He needs to improve a little more.

Ljungberg - 3 - Worst player on the pitch. I think that says it all.

Flamini - 4 - Simply not good enough to start for Arsenal......, actually, not good enough for the bench.

Cesc - 6 - Had an okay game. Some good passing.

Gilberto - 7 - Played pretty well. Solid.

Walcott - 5 - Poor first half. Used his pace better in the second half.

Adebayor - 4 - Why is he even in this squad? He's simply not good enough.

Baptista - 4.5 - He was like the invisible man.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann - 7 - Solid game performance wise.

Eboue - 6 - Played like a victim from the get go, but still impactive.

Toure - 6 - I guess everyone has to have a bad game every now and again.

Senderos - 6 - Could've been more imposing, needed to make his mark early with a cruncher, never done it. wasn't as vocal as previously seen.

Clichy - 4 - Played a Clichy.

Walcott - 7 - Paced his sustenance in regards to the game, really can improve and really will..

Fabregas - 6 - Done some good things after a sloppy start, but didn't impose himself on the game.

Gilberto - 8 - Wondrous performance.

Flamini - 4 - I'm wondering if he's trying to prove something to someone about why he's not a starter for us.

Ljungberg - 6 - Ran well, stayed on his feet but couldn't make a real impact, couldn't retain possession or link up play. but was definitely always there.

Adebayor - 6 - Haven't seen a performance from his this bad in a while to be honest. he just had a terrible day at the office.

Subs:

Baptista - 4 - I can see why Madrid were so eager to get rid.

Hleb - 5 - Didn't have enough time to establish his rhythm.

DOUBLE-YOU

Lehman - 6

Eboue - 4.5 (Clearly missed Hleb playing infront of him. he didn't support Theo as much as he usually does Hleb. would have got a 5 but his theatrics when shoved by Davies was embarrasing)

Senderos - 6

Toure - 5 (should have stayed with his man for the first goal, should have got closer to anelka for the second and he should have held his line and played anelka offside for the third goal)

Clichy - 5 ( wasted a number of passes and didn't look full secure defending.)

Walcott - 7 (although he was sloppy at times he posed a threat when he had the ball)

Flamini -6 Didn't win many tackles and ineffective when in possession

Gilberto - 7 Another soilid performance

Cesc - 7.5 (i thought he was the best player on the pitch. worked hard won headers, tackles and never gave the ball away. Always probing)

Ljungberg - 5 (not match fit)

Adebayor - 6 ( he never got the ball until the second half. he had a couple of nice moments but wasn't in the game enough)

Baptista - 6 (started strong then faded...even though he only had 20 mins)

Hleb - 5 (gave away possesion every time he had the ball)

Goalkeeper

Lehmann - 6 - Good double save, not much he could have done about the first two goals. Too much "Lehmann" moments.

Eboue - 5 - Pacy, did all right with Walcott. Caught out of position sometimes.

Senderos - 6. 5 - Didn't make any errors, held posession well.

Toure - 4 - In my opinion, at fault for all 3 goals. Wasn't aware enough for the corner, didn't close down Anelka, and played Anelka onside.

Clichy - 5 - Same as Eboue.

Walcott - 7 - Arsenal's most dangerous player. Created some good chances when given the ball. Still inexperience obviously.

Flamini - 6 - Didn't feel his presence. Okay performance.

Gilberto - 6 - some wayward passes. Good goal, tried to get things going for Arsenal.

Fabregas - 6 - A little sloppy, but tried.

Ljungberg - 6 - Definetely wasn't the worst player for Arsenal. Got into some good positions, had the post shot, I still think he offers something to the team.

Adebayor - 6 - Some good moment in the second half. Didn't have great service in the first half. I thought he did all right, just a little unlucky.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom