• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 25/11/06

RC8

Established Member
Jens 7
Eboue 6
Toure 6
Phil 7
Clichy 5
Theo 7
Cesc 6
Gilberto 8
Flamini 6
Freddie 5
Adebayor 5

Bluenaz, I agree with most of your ratings.

kwg

Jens 5
Eboue 5
Toure 6
Phil 7
Clichy 3
Theo 7
Cesc 5
Gilberto 9
Flamini 4
Freddie 3
Adebayor 5

Biggus

Established Member
Gurgen said:
He's done plenty. Like cover for Clichy's general ****eness all the time. It's not the Freddie of old but he wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be.

I think its just the donkey vote Gurgen....someone says Freddie is guilty, someone else takes up the call, pretty soon its a lynch mob...actually Freddie did ok after coming back from injury recently.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Biggus said:
Gurgen said:
He's done plenty. Like cover for Clichy's general ****eness all the time. It's not the Freddie of old but he wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be.

I think its just the donkey vote Gurgen....someone says Freddie is guilty, someone else takes up the call, pretty soon its a lynch mob...actually Freddie did ok after coming back from injury recently.

nonsense. freddie was ****ing useless. as he has been in every single match he's played for more than a year now. he got the ball in dangerous positions a number of times today, but not once was he able to create a decent goal chance. a ****ing waste of space and time. get rid of him ASAP!

RC8

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
Eboue - 4.5 (Clearly missed Hleb playing infront of him. he didn't support Theo as much as he usually does Hleb. would have got a 5 but his theatrics when shoved by Davies was embarrasing)

If you watch the replay carefully you'll see he hit his head on the ground when he fell, hence why he was grabbing his head like that.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
RC8 said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:
Eboue - 4.5 (Clearly missed Hleb playing infront of him. he didn't support Theo as much as he usually does Hleb. would have got a 5 but his theatrics when shoved by Davies was embarrasing)

If you watch the replay carefully you'll see he hit his head on the ground when he fell, hence why he was grabbing his head like that.
This was not the first time to see Eboue missing Hleb. Last time when Rosicky played dow the right, Eboue wasn't himself either. I hope he can convert some of his crossing skills into 45 degree crossing from the byline, just like Lauren did in the old days. Eboue should have no problem in learning that.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lehmann - 6 - brave. Perhaps he should have instructed Cesc to push Davies firther away from the goal. Anelka two goals had little to do with Jens.

Eboue - 5 - poor. Seemed unconfortable with Theo playing in fron of him. His defending was not impressive as Bolton players exploited the space left behind by him.

Senderos - 6. OK.

Toure - 5 - quite quiet. Maybe he should have tried harder to block Anelka's first attempt.

Clichy - 5 - amazingly repeated the errors he made against Hamburg. His closing-down was fine and prompt. Yet lack of composure and haste to make challenges. Yesterday he was gone past by opponents due to this basic errors in defending, as he was in Tuesday night. I was quite gutted seeing him being beaten like this. He has three year experience as a first team player but still not showing any against Bolton.

Walcott - 7 - the biggest (if not the only) console for the team. Should have tried to break behind opponent's leftback more often. In the first half he unwisely placed himself close to the middle of the park. That was way too easy for defender to keep eyes on him and the Arsenal player in possesion.

Flamini - 5 - very poor. Didn't position himself well although worked very hard. Tried a few ball flicking and predictably were unseccussful. There are only a few holding midfielders can flick the ball under opponent's pressure without getting caught. Mathieu is definitely not one of them.

Gilberto - 6.5 - Had a flash of leadership displayed by pulling one goal back. Doing OK despite some misplaced passes.

Fabregas - 6.5 - Not physically beaten in Bolton's away game unlike last season. Tried to be creative desipte other teammates not functioning well. Had two long distance efforts. Unfortunately one was parried by keeper and the other hit the woodwork.

Ljungberg - 5 - This could be a heresay but I really think he is going to be finished. His body is so stiff and movement is off-pace. It could be due to the condition of his body. Perhaps he should try Yoga lessons like Giggs does.

Adebayor - 6 - Ok. Managed to hold a few long balls and short passed to the teammates who later surging forward near the box. If only they couldve shot the ball instead of sidepassed to other Arsenal players.

Subs:
Baptista - 5.5 - Unclear of his contribution to the team. His best position is not obvious to me. Julio needs more time to find that out and maybe so does Arsène.

Hleb - 6 - No impact on the team due to late introduction. I think there is a pattern for Hleb. If he doesn't have time to run and warm himself on the pitch. His first few touches often turn out being quite poor.

Wenger - 5 - Why he started Freddie is beyond me. I would rather see Theo on the left and Hleb on the right.

hujja

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Wenger - 5 - Why he started Freddie is beyond me. I would rather see Theo on the left and Hleb on the right.

I think Theo's pace is better used on the right. He delivers exceptional crosses.

RC8

Established Member
tactica442 said:

I'm pretty sure Wenger's inclusion of Freddie was not a tactical one. Hleb was probably exhausted after his amazing performance against Hamburg, and Wenger must have thought that Hleb should only play if necessary. Also, I can't avoid thinking that Arsène didn't really believe we would win this one, and who can blame him; Van Persie, Rosicky, Henry, and Gallas out, against a team that has beaten us in a more consistent basis than Manchester United... Hence why he thought he could give Hleb some rest.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Lehmann 5.5 - got a great double save, but i think he was at fault for that first goal

Eboue 6.5 - play ok, but was affected by the boos.

Toure 6.5 - stayed firm as usual

Senderos 5.5 - horrid afternoon

Clichy 7 - bombed down the left flank pretty well, delivered decent crosses, defensively not as good

Gilberto 6.5 - got us a goal

Flamini 5 - delivered 2 good passes, thats all

Cesc 6 - cant cope with the physical of bolton, but otherwise did well.

Ljungberg 5.5 - pathetic

Walcott 6.5 - did very well considering its his first away start and its against a bolton side.

Ade 6 - missed countless chances

Subs
Hleb 6.5 - immediately after he came on he dribbled all places.

Baptista 6

otfgoon

Established Member
Jens - Not to blame for the first goal but I just feel maybe he could have done a bit better, otherwise he was solid. 6

Eboue - Done okey I thought, could have supported Theo a little better, could have defended a little better. 6

Toure - At faul for maybe a couple of the goals, dissapointing overall really. 4

Senderos - Was ok I suppose, did not notice him much apart from those driving runs forward. 5

Clichy - Was quite good today apart from the end product, which makes the rest rather pointless really. 5

Walcott - Definately the biggest threat, again end ball was'nt always the best, not sure if thats his fault or the lack of people in the box. 6.5

Fabregas - Was fairly average but that largly down to only having Theo as a real outlet. 6

Gilberto - He was actually assured on the ball for once, not sure how good he was defensively. 6

Flamini - He has had his run in the team and I hope its his last. The lad is simply not good enough and 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 I expect him to be forgotten soon. 5

Freddie - Some of the rating far too harsh. He wasnt brilliant, but was involved, kept the ball well, just lacking any sort of spark. 6

Adebayor - Could have put us 1-0 up after 2 mins and its a different game. Other than that he done relatively well, held the ball up, worked hard etc. 6.5

Arsène - Had his hands tied for this one really with the injuries and suspentions. Could have resting Hleb waited? Would not have made a difference anyway.

phil15

Lehman 6- Solid

Eboue 5- Very poor considering the standards he has set himself

Toure 5- Had an absolute mare

Sender 6- Did well i feel save for his passing on occasions, was rarely beaten in the air and even looked to charge forward

Clichy 5- Significantly he has been regressing in his performances of late and his passing is way off radar atm, still have to wait and see with him i feel

Walcott 6- Will improve every minute he's on the pitch

Cesc 6- Decent enough on occasions when his petulance didn't get the better of him

Gilberto 7- The usual few careless passes made but played an excellent screening role breaking up play and digging us out of a few holes and was even vocal

Flamini 5- Offers the sum total of my toenail

Ljungberg 5- Can't fault this guy for effort but he's waning in a big way

Ade 6- Decent enough, did well sporadically, needs to be more aggressive and forceful though

Baptista- N/A

Hleb- N/A

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Re: Bolton - Arsenal, player ratings

kel varnsen said:
lehmann - 6. decent.

eboue - 5. mediocre.

toure - 4,5. gave anelka too much space, and we conceded two goals.

senderos - 7. solid, but his distribution was all over the place.

clichy - 4. caught out of position a number of times and his final ball is laughable(in a bad way).

ljungberg ljungberg - 1,5. near useless.

flamini - 5. meh.

cesc- 6. poor first half, better in the 2nd.

gilberto - 8,5. a captain's performance. strong in every way and good passing.

walcott - 5,5. lively and made things happen, but his passing and decision making needs to improve drastically.

adebayor - 5,5. poor first half, better in the second half. unlucky not to score a goal.

baptista - 5,5. meh.
Thats about right for me as well however, I would have given ljungberg 1.0 he done sweet FA all he done was to duck / pull out of tackles :x

Biggus

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
freddie was f****g useless.

As they all were.....except maybe Jens, Cesc and Gilberto. So I don't see the reason to single him out especially.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom