• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 10/12/06

Gurgen

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:
Jens 4 - My word what was wrong with him? Looked like the 2004 Jens, very worrying.

Eboue 7 - Solid game from him, did well in both attack and defence.

Djourou 7 - Some shaky moments but overall a decent game. Needs to impose himself more, he's a big lad.

Senderos 4 - His worst game in an Arsenal shirt. Head isn't right.

Clichy 6 - Didn't notice him much.

Hleb 6 - Should have scored and criminally lost the ball for their goal.

Gilberto 8 MOTM - Great stuff from him, led by example and put in some vital challenges.

Flamini 7 - Anyone want him to 'fk off to France now'? :lol:

Cesc 6 - Gave the ball away too much when we needed to keep it. I don't like this 4-5-1 Totti-type Cesc. He's much better picking his passes from deep. Wenger's fault.

RvP 6 - Did fk all on the left as expected. See Cesc, last sentence.

Adebayor 7 - If this guy could shoot he'd be a world class player. Unfortunately I think it's too late to learn. Good target man on the ground.

Why do you rate everyone so highly when you said in the match thread that this was our worst performance in two years? If it was such a crap perfomance surely you would have rated people lower.

I rate by expectation, and was also soft on some players because they were a victim of Wenger's 4-5-1.

For example, I could have given Hleb a 5 but it's common knowlegde that the man can't shoot.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lehmann 5 - did almost nothing significant except fumbles

eboue 7 - very good at attacking, terrible at clearing balls. misplace passes, leading to chelsea chances. sucidal defending

senderos 5.5 - oh gosh. missed don't know how many clearances

djourou 6 - assured defending, needs more experience. i realise he is almost taller than senderos

clichy 6.5 - defended well enough for me

gilberto 8.5 - motm performance. what a great captain

flamini 8 - big match player

cesc 6.5 - not commanding enough to take control of midfield

hleb 6.5 - unlucky to get thumped by that **** behind, great assist though.

ade 6.5 - influential in our attack.

rvp 7 - everytime he have the ball, our attack looks dangerous

subs
freddie - n.a

Rohit

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Wenger's 4-5-1.

Thats exactly what it is.Why does RvP play on the left when the whole world can see how good he is for Holland on the right ?

Wenger watched Hleb for a long time and whatever impressed him must have been whilst watching Hleb play centrally or cutting in from the left.

Viper

Established Member
Or just switch the formation to 442.

It'll work best for everyone. Fixes Henry's **** performances from lone striker, Van Persie's talent wastage on the left and it solves Fabregas too.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:
Jens 4 - My word what was wrong with him? Looked like the 2004 Jens, very worrying.

Eboue 7 - Solid game from him, did well in both attack and defence.

Djourou 7 - Some shaky moments but overall a decent game. Needs to impose himself more, he's a big lad.

Senderos 4 - His worst game in an Arsenal shirt. Head isn't right.

Clichy 6 - Didn't notice him much.

Hleb 6 - Should have scored and criminally lost the ball for their goal.

Gilberto 8 MOTM - Great stuff from him, led by example and put in some vital challenges.

Flamini 7 - Anyone want him to 'fk off to France now'? :lol:

Cesc 6 - Gave the ball away too much when we needed to keep it. I don't like this 4-5-1 Totti-type Cesc. He's much better picking his passes from deep. Wenger's fault.

RvP 6 - Did fk all on the left as expected. See Cesc, last sentence.

Adebayor 7 - If this guy could shoot he'd be a world class player. Unfortunately I think it's too late to learn. Good target man on the ground.

Why do you rate everyone so highly when you said in the match thread that this was our worst performance in two years? If it was such a crap perfomance surely you would have rated people lower.

I rate by expectation, and was also soft on some players because they were a victim of Wenger's 4-5-1.

For example, I could have given Hleb a 5 but it's common knowlegde that the man can't shoot.

c'mon. hleb has a good shot and we knows it. its just that he was to anxious about that chance that day.

and i disagree that is was our crappiest performance that day. everybody worked hard for the team and we even got a goal to add to our credit. it isnt the worst performance for sure

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
The man can shoot he just doesn't much :lol:

He just failed to have the necessary composure at the end of a hard fought 90 minutes to think properly...

Viper

Established Member
He had all the time in the world to strike that ball.

I'm sure of the CSKA Chelski players would've scored from that position!

Hleb's finishing is very poor.

Our worst performance this season was against Porto, not Chelsea. We created absolutely nothing against Porto and were outplayed in midfield. This was a different story, where as we arguably controlled the midfield keeping the likes of Ballack and Lampard quiet, and we managed to create some chances.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom